💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Friendship is only friendship when it is real."

Melech

Featured Posts

I have no idea if Gaga wants to say that online friendships don't exists. Maybe she just worded it wrong. No idea. 

Anyway she said that Friendship is only friendship when it's real. 

I got to know a sweet,charming boy in the year 2012. It was more a coincidence that we got to know each other, because we both were friends with a girl from Turkey and she introduced us to each other.

At the beginning we fought a lot (I guess because we were a lot similar than we admitted)  but after some time we got to know each other better and better. While I lost contact with the Turkish girl, I stayed in touch with the boy. We talked about everything, discussed everything and hell, we even fought. 

But he told me all his secrets and I told him my secrets. We are still each others safe place. 

And eventhough at the beginning I pretended to be straight I later told him I was gay. The first person I ever told that. And as the coincidence wants it, he was gay as well. We both were insecure at the beginning and said we are bi, ofc that later changed. Later on he was there for me when I needed someone. And I was there for him. He helped me through some tough times. I became his bestfriend and he became mine. I love him as a friend. It is a real friendship and he is important to me. 

But one thing is there that is not normal. We only know us online, because he lives in Greece and I live in Germany. We don't have the money like Miss Germanotta to travel around the world.

I don't care if Gaga says that a friendship is only real when you can see the persons face to face or give them hugs, because that is wrong. Friendship can also exists online and sometimes are words or someone who listens as much worth as hugs. 

We are living in a globalized world and old and conservative view points are changing, thank God, because withouth things like the internet I would never get to know him. 

And I'm sure I will see him soon in real life. 

I'm not attacking Gaga, I just wanted to share that online friendships can be real ones.

Peace and have a nice day :sara: 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gianni Versace

I feel like Gaga didn't really know what she was saying, maybe she was misunderstood. 

She didn't word it wrong, you just don't seem to understand. Friendship is not a friendship if it's not honest, if it's fake. That's what it means.

FreePalestine

I feel like Gaga didn't really know what she was saying, maybe she was misunderstood. 

I guess so :yes: 

She didn't word it wrong, you just don't seem to understand. Friendship is not a friendship if it's not honest, if it's fake. That's what it means.

do you consider my friendship with the greek real?

MaybeKermit

People just misunderstood her... maybe she didn't use the right words but we all know she doesn't really think like that....

Morphine Prince

She's talking about close personal friendships. Such as your neighbor. Or someone from your church. She's not referring to long distance online friendships. 

Obviously you can only go and kiss, hug friends of yours that live close to you. This is what she's talking about. Online interaction will never beat actual human contact. 

do you consider my friendship with the greek real?

If you consider it real, then it is real. She was talking about close friends who you are ABLE to see in real life but you're too lazy so you choose to send :hug: emoji via Internet and that's it. It doesn't mean that online friendships are fake.

FreePalestine

Tropico

Oh no, Gaga isn't in the wrong here. :emma: A lot of the fans are.All she meant was that if you have a friend who lives near you, it's more of an authentic friendship if you travel to see him/her.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Oh I didnt see this, already quoted you on the other thread. But I felt she wanted to say real as genuine.

Hello, it's me

She's talking about close personal friendships. Such as your neighbor. Or someone from your church. She's not referring to long distance online friendships.

Obviously you can only go and kiss, hug friends of yours that live close to you. This is what she's talking about. Online interaction will never beat actual human contact.

See, this is the part where I don't agree (and literally got insulted for). I have a friend who prefers to have online friends rather than real life friends because she's extremely introverted and can communicate better via text messages rather than hugs or kisses. I prefer a mix of both, but that doesn't mean I have to go and tell her she's wrong or that she's insecure. To each their own :shrug:

Archived