Yanko

Featured Posts

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Tell that bogan, Azealia!!! Preach her!! :lmao: :lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Iggy Azalea apologized for the "runaway slave master" lyrics a while ago tho.

"In all fairness, it was a tacky and careless thing to say and if you are offended, I am sorry. Sometimes we get so caught up in our art and creating or trying to push boundaries, we don’t stop to think how others may be hurt by it. In this situation, I am guilty of doing that and I regret not thinking things through more."

I agree that Iggy Azalea has some sort of responsibility, but I think everyone has some sort of responsibility in this, even people who are against this but do nothing but fight this with hateful comments like Azealia Banks.

I know she apologised but that doesn't erase the fact that she rapped it in the first place :shrug:

It's part of a long list of cultural/racial ignorance that Iggy has displayed. If this was the only time she had said anything offensive or ignorant it would still be wildly offensive, but you could at least give her a chance to prove that it truly was an ill-thought out mistake and give her a chance to grow.

She continues to display racial ignorance though. From her twitter account to the comments she has made on Australian Aboriginals to ignoring the obvious white privilege she has. She could at least see the criticism and educate herself on the topic but she simply ignores it and dismisses Azealia's emotional comments as an "obsession".

monsterdreams

Azealia needs to calm herself down a little

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

DrewStevens

I know she apologised but that doesn't erase the fact that she rapped it in the first place :shrug:

It's part of a long list of cultural/racial ignorance that Iggy has displayed. If this was the only time she had said anything offensive or ignorant it would still be wildly offensive, but you could at least give her a chance to prove that it truly was an ill-thought out mistake and give her a chance to grow.

She continues to display racial ignorance though. From her twitter account to the comments she has made on Australian Aboriginals to ignoring the obvious white privilege she has. She could at least see the criticism and educate herself on the topic but she simply ignores it and dismisses Azealia's emotional comments as an "obsession".

I get it, I'm not defending Iggy Azalea for all the things she said but if we are going to be fair in this Azealia Banks should stop acting like if she really cared about oppression after all the homophobic, transphobic and racist things she has said. 

Both rappers have said ignorant stuff. Both need to get educated.  

And to be honest her "emotional comments" about race are useless in her case. She is not unknown because of her race, she is unknown because she has been making ignorant comments since her debut and she hasn't stopped yet.

Igloo Austraila

I really think Iggy should surrender the name "azalea"    That name is not her name. The culture she imitates is not her culture. Azealia Banks is a name that represents a real person. NOT a persona!! Im not sure Azealia Banks is the obsessed one like iggy claims...

Iggy imitates black culture.
She renamed herself the name of a black female pier who was active in the rap inustry.
She raps with an adapted southern accent. She is not from the south or even from this country. Exc. 

Amethyst Amelia Kelly needs to just give it up already!

DrewStevens

I really think Iggy should surrender the name "azalea"    That name is not her name.

Are you high? 

Why does she need to change her name :toofunny:

I guess Stefani should change her name. Her name is not Lady, neither Gaga.

She's always pulling out her race card when it comes to Iggy. She needs to get a new line. Maybe start making music again.

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

https://twitter.com/AZEALIABANKS/status/545874892923867136

https://twitter.com/AZEALIABANKS/status/545875176035205120

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived