Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nintendo still slays your faves effortlessly

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

“Nintendo has picked up good momentum heading into the Christmas season. This time they have a hit lineup. Amiibo represents a new revenue source, and we are watching it very closely.†- Tomoaki Kawasaki, a Tokyo-based a--lyst with Iwai Cosmo Securities Co.

- at least eight a--lysts raised profit estimates or ratings since September
- the two most recent a--lysts called for profit to triple to 36.8 billion yen
- Nintendo projects it will sell 3.6 million Wii U consoles this year
- projected to sell $1 billion from Amiibo sales in the U.S. alone.

“Last year was just a bad year for the game business, and this year is a recovery. Add to that Amiibo, and you’re likely to see a considerable improvement in earnings. To get hits like the previous Wii and DS, they will have to introduce new machines. In the game business, it’s difficult to change market share except in the periods of generational change. The proliferation curve is decided early on and it’s difficult to alter it mid-flight.†- Hideki Yasuda, an a--lyst at Ace Research

Nintendo is expected to TRIPLE its profits :emo: True Queen of Games

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/243243-a--lysts-see-nintendo-profits-tripling-nintendo-projects-1-billion-of-amiibo-sold-in-us-alone

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:legend: :legend: :legend: 

& with the titles that are getting released next year, 2015 should be good for them as well.

monsterdreams

Nintendo will always be my game first love

Not that I have a second because after I stopped on the wii I stopped altogether

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Redstreak

:legend: :legend: :legend:

& with the titles that are getting released next year, 2015 should be good for them as well.

They just literally can't stop winning :legend:

High King

I mean, I got a 3DS and I love it, but let's be real: No one has any interest in Mario anymore, the only good series are Zelda and Pokemon. How long can an entire gaming company rely on just two series? (no offense to Nintendo/Mario fans)

Redstreak

I mean, I got a 3DS and I love it, but let's be real: No one has any interest in Mario anymore, the only good series are Zelda and Pokemon. How long can an entire gaming company rely on just two series? (no offense to Nintendo/Mario fans)

Mario Kart 8 is one of the games that helped push Nintendo up this year. I agree their third party is lacking and they need to pick up the pace, but one of the reasons that Nintendo is doing so well is because of their first party exclusives. You can only find big titles like Mario/Zelda/Pokemon strictly through Nintendo while other big titles are usually multi-plat through Sony/Microsoft/PC

Well, even if they're still making a lot of games about the Mario universe, they're still popular (New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8). The next Mario Galaxy (or w/e they'll call it :laughmas: ) should do really well too. They do need to get more 3rd party devs though.

Man, I can't wait to buy myself a Wii U next year. :flutter: 

GagaDragon

I'll only consider buying a Nintendo if they can cater to hardcore gamers. PS4 blows it out of the water!!

Playstation (which I love also) and Xbox fanboys always drag Nintendo for stupid reasons but they'll always be just fine

Though I do wish they'd try to create new iconic characters/games of their own to have a bigger range of characters/games.

They did it with Rosalina but she's part of Mario, so I want to see if they can make an entirely new series and have it become big and successful and stand its ground against their already iconic series

Splatoon seems okay but I don't think it will become a big stand-out; I think they can do better than that

Redstreak

Playstation (which I love also) and Xbox fanboys always drag Nintendo for stupid reasons but they'll always be just fine

Though I do wish they'd try to create new iconic characters/games of their own to have a bigger range of characters/games.

They did it with Rosalina but she's part of Mario, so I want to see if they can make an entirely new series and have it become big and successful and stand its ground against their already iconic series

Splatoon seems okay but I don't think it will become a big stand-out; I think they can do better than that

Baby steps :yes: Splatoon is one of the first projects to come out of their new development team, and while I may not care enough to get the game, it still shows that this new, younger team does have a lot of promise.

Haroon

No one has any interest in Mario anymore

But the Mario games (Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D Land, etc) are among their top sellers on the respective consoles  :huh:

On-topic: Well to be completely honest I'm not surprised about the tripling considering it was kinda low before :sweat: Either way they're smashing it out of the ball park now because they big daddies of their console are finally being released :woot: This will only continue into next year with more Mario Kart 8 DLC and the new Zelda game :excited:

SweetEscape

Slay, Nintendo :legend:

I wish I had a Wii U so I could play all those amazing exclusives :cryga:

Archived