Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Gaga Making A Mistake?

HANZ

Featured Posts

I hope so

for ONCE she needs professionals to tell her what is the best way, look at the HAUS of GAGA, it's a joke now because all the professionals left and now she has friends instead 

it put that :rip:  because she waited 4 years to released Back to basic after Stripped and that's a lot of time

same with Bionic :rip:

but she has had a lot of negative Backlash since the Born This Way era and it got worse during the ARTPOP era and C2C is not neccessary fixing her image to the world, to them she is still the girl who flopped with ARTPOP, underperformed with BTW and hasn't done anything shocking or interesting since then

The so-called negative backlash ever since BTW was released being propagated on pop music forums doesn't mirror the actual reception it has spawned. Again, BTW led to Gaga's most successful world tour in terms of average ticket sales and one of the best-selling celebrity perfumes of all time. If there's such a "backlash" in terms of public reception (i.e. the public's willingness to support Gaga through actual purchase), these two projects should've tanked. But obviously, they didn't. And then, both ARTPOP and C2C debuted at #1, while ARTPOP became IFPI's 9th best-selling album of 2013 despite a November release. If there's indeed a backlash as strong as some individuals online would want to believe, these shouldn't have happened then. And yet, they did.

As I've said, Gaga has yet to actually pull a 'blackout' year wherein public support is clearly weak. So far, there's no clear indication that public support as reflected by measurable means (i.e. official sales, tour receipts) and not selected perceptions online is undeniably weak for Gaga. So again, is she really making a mistake with her scheduling of things so far? I'd still say no because numbers have shown that she hasn't completely lost public interest and support beyond the pop forums. I feel like her sales downturn is being grossly and unfairly exaggerated. ARTPOP didn't completely flop. It still sold more than hundreds of albums released last year, and as earlier mentioned, still managed to make the cut of the top 10 best-sellers WW. A complete flop would mean missing the entire top 20 best-selling albums with a 70 date-tour grossing less than $40 million, or worse, no tour at all due to lack of demand.  

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JEWRJEWR

yess but it's still a  lot of time and waiting another 4 years for Bionic didn't help

but you cant compare BTB to bionic. The last one is crap!

Fear, she's the mother of violence

u are also very selective in your careeer moments of Christina...

U didnt put BUrlesque btw... which was kinda big (the soundtrack)

Ursula Buffay

2008 - The Fame was released

2009 - All her first 5 singles became hits this year + being featured in a couple of songs; 4 were WW #1s (JD, PF, Paparazzi, BR); TFM was released

2010 - All 3 TFM singles became huge global hits; TFM was IFPI's 2nd best-selling album of the year; The Monster Ball continues to be a huge success; she scored 3 albums (TF,TFM, The Remix) in the top 50 best-selling albums of the year WW

2011 - BTW was released; 5 singles were released WW with one being a huge smash hit; BTW was UMG's top best-selling album of the year

2012 - BTW Ball was the world's 2nd most successful tour by a female act; Her first perfume broke commercial records

2013 - ARTPOP was released; its first 2 singles became international top 10 hits

2014 - artRave Tour grosses $83 million from 74 shows; C2C w/ Tony Bennett was released; Jazz album became a global top 10 hit w/ estimated sales crossing 600,000+ in less than 3 months; now nominated for a GRAMMY

2015 - C2C Tour's scheduled to go WW

Gaga's fine. It's not like she's been out of the public eye for an entire year or two. So far, in terms of scheduling her major releases and promo spots, I can't see any 'mistake'. Even without new commercial music in 2012, she's been talked about / featured on TV a lot, both for her WW tour and her debut perfume. That's not necessarily a complete blackout. Public interest over her at that time was still huge and strong, as shown by the warm WW reception for these two projects. The WW reception for ARTPOP and C2C were/are not that bad either. 

You've just proven the theory of the decline with the schedule you've given. Thanks :kiss:

but you cant compare BTB to bionic. The last one is crap!

I'm not discussing quality but time :rip:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

You've just proven the theory of the decline with the schedule you've given. Thanks :kiss:

The commercial decline isn't a theory. It's a fact of which Gaga herself has acknowledged. That's how the cycle of fame goes - each and every single successful act has experienced a decline of popularity, and Gaga's no exception. The schedule I've mentioned though disproves that Gaga has undergone a complete 'blackout' year/s with undeniably weak public support and interest for her scheduling to be regarded as a 'mistake'. 

She needs to do some features in the meantime. 

She is no Rihanna... People thinking in simplistic marketing already made formula are missing a point here...

Madonna in most of her career did not release any collab (yes it wasnt as big as today but still, is she collaborating now on other peoples albums?)

Gaga can certainly do collab, but she is not a crosss genre artist like Rihanna, who can be feature on very bland pop records, r n b and urban, rap and hip-hop. 

She needs to keep the magic alive and special. And I truly think that is staying true to herself and not record collabs for the sake of recording collabs. She needs to remain untouched, if that make sense. 

I like her to be not like everyone else. No collab. (or very limited)

giskardsb

Gaga is her own entity.  She doesn't need producers du jour. Doesn't need other songwriters.  Doesn't need directors du jour.  She just needs herself and trusted associates.  Who gives a **** if what she produces matches what the industry and top 40 listeners expect in order to make something a hit.   Let other pop stars without their own creative thoughts be a product of the well oiled pop machine and rely on focus groups and writing teams to make hit music.   Gaga needs to be the free thinker, the one that "makes them bleed and reminds them they are human" as she so eloquently put it.

**** pop music.

Gaga is her own entity.  She doesn't need producers du jour. Doesn't need other songwriters.  Doesn't need directors du jour.  She just needs herself and trusted associates.  Who gives a **** if what she produces matches what the industry and top 40 listeners expect in order to make something a hit.   Let other pop stars without their own creative thoughts be a product of the well oiled pop machine and rely on focus groups and writing teams to make hit music.   Gaga needs to be the free thinker, the one that "makes them bleed and reminds them they are human" as she so eloquently put it.

**** pop music.

to be read with my previous post.

True.

JEWRJEWR

I'm not discussing quality but time :rip:

time means nothing. If the product is good and its distributed correctly, public will actually buy it. :)

Fear, she's the mother of violence

2011 wasnt a Katy year because of "continuing slayage". It was because the elaborate California Dreams tour started.

ARTPOPisaChoice

2008 - The Fame, huge WW success

2009 - The Fame Monster, huge WW success, two #1's

2010 - Three Top Five Hits, Meat Dress, Video of the Year at VMA's

2011 - Born This Way, huge WW success, oversatuation of Gaga in media

2012 - Touring, working on ARTPOP

2013 - ARTPOP, moderate WW success, mangement problems destroyed monmentum

2014 - Cheek To Cheek, moderate US success, GP image hugely improved, Eau de Gaga

2015 - C2C tour, possible marriage, preparing next album, possible lead single late 2015

2016 - Album Six

Honestly she has only had one "break" year (2012) so far in her career, which I wouldn't really call the Born This Way Ball a "break"

There has not been a single year since 2008 that Gaga has had a Top 40 Hit at least once a year. She deserves a break, and she needs to slowly regain GP approval through promo deals, commericials, toned down looks.

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

Gov Hooka

MJ's blackouts were HELLA long and he did just fine.

Tay Tay seems to manage just fine with blackouts.

Psychedelic

wow keep replying in britney gifs, i can tell youre so mature....

heeey! keep sneaking your nose where you're dont have anything to do with... I can tell you need to eat a  :fthis:

not like I wanna look mature to anyone as frigid as you, thanks for your interest tho!

Archived