Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift: "I have no interest in singing someone else's words"

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

So much spot on, especially about Wildest Dreams. It's an obvious Lana rip off and probably the reason why it's the only song in 1989 who actually have depth and great quality.

Love reading all your posts. I've always been waiting for your every reaction because they're always intelligently crafted. These stans are just pressed that they couldnt accept someone is highly critical on their fave that is slaying right now.

Wildest Dreams the only song on 1989 with depth and great quality due to it being a Lana rip-off? You're letting your possible Stan goggles shine a bit.

Blank Space (Depth and quality)

Style (quality)

Out of the Woods (some of the album's best lyrics and critically acclaimed)

Wildest Dreams (Depth and quality)

Clean (depth and quality)

You Are In Love (Depth and quality)

New Romantics (quality)

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wildest Dreams the only song on 1989 with depth and great quality due to it being a Lana rip-off? You're letting your possible Stan goggles shine a bit.

Style (quality)

New Romantics (quality)

I'm not even a Lana stan so your conclusion that I'm basing my opinion due to its Lana like features is irrelevant.

It's music - everyone has the right to express their opinion on it. I said "great quality" and that's subjective. Some of the songs you mentioned are catchy and good but only Wildest Dreams remain the standout and remarkable track of 1989 for me. I have the freedom to think which songs are of great quality and not, so I don't need to base my opinion on how these so called "critics" rate the songs.

Let's just agree to disagree that not all people can relate with and perceive her music as superior quality. Tastes. :yes:

StrawberryBlond

You obviously don't know what creying is :rip:

And like a below user said, she came in with the framework for BS--lyrics and melody and all. And I know it was that way for all of the others, her influence I mean.

You mean to tell me that for every other single producer she's worked with, past and present, she did the melody and songwriting, and now all of a sudden for one producer, she doesn't just because she's pop? No--you're wrong

The only time I've seen that word used is round here. I can't even find it on internet slang pages. It's always used after a laughing gif or smilie and suggests hysterial laughter that brings you to tears. I don't know why it's misspelt.

When you change to a new genre, you get mentored by the experts to create a good album that's worthy of the genre. Someone who's been writing country music all their life can't just switch to pop and create a masterpiece without significant help. No different from a ballet dancer suddenly deciding to dance tap. You can't just learn it on your own and expect to be a natural - you need help from those in the know so you're doing it properly. Are you trying to tell me that you'd believe Taylor was completely behind any new directions she pursues in the future too? She's not an artist like Gaga who can turn her hand to anything if she puts her mind to it. She has distinct comfort zones that she won't break and whenever she does anything new like IKYWT and SIO, there's always professional writers/producers aiding her.

So much spot on, especially about Wildest Dreams. It's an obvious Lana rip off and probably the reason why it's the only song in 1989 who actually have depth and great quality.

Love reading all your posts. I've always been waiting for your every reaction because they're always intelligently crafted. These stans are just pressed that they couldnt accept someone is highly critical on their fave that is slaying right now.

Thanks so much. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the Lana similarities. But because she's Taylor, she gets away with it. Gaga makes a song with production that maybe, somehow, perhaps sounds like a Madonna song and she gets the most unholy bashing for it and her career takes a massive hit. Taylor rips off Lana's entire style, themes, voice, lyrics, production and the chorus of one of her specific songs and nobody says a word.

Style (quality)

New Romantics (quality)

I think you're letting your stan goggles shine a bit. It's stole everything that Lana is about. There's even direct lyrics that are so similar. I find it odd that a lot of Taylor fans dislike Lana and say her songwriting's terrible. I don't quite know why that is. I always thought that if they thought Taylor was good, they'd be blown away by Lana.

Redstreak

I think you're letting your stan goggles shine a bit. It's stole everything that Lana is about. There's even direct lyrics that are so similar. I find it odd that a lot of Taylor fans dislike Lana and say her songwriting's terrible. I don't quite know why that is. I always thought that if they thought Taylor was good, they'd be blown away by Lana.

I'm a Lana fan, I certainly see the similarities. He stated that Wildest Dreams is the ONLY song with quality and depth from 1989 due solely for the fact that it's a Lana rip-off, I'm contesting that.

The only time I've seen that word used is round here. I can't even find it on internet slang pages. It's always used after a laughing gif or smilie and suggests hysterial laughter that brings you to tears. I don't know why it's misspelt.

When you change to a new genre, you get mentored by the experts to create a good album that's worthy of the genre. Someone who's been writing country music all their life can't just switch to pop and create a masterpiece without significant help. No different from a ballet dancer suddenly deciding to dance tap. You can't just learn it on your own and expect to be a natural - you need help from those in the know so you're doing it properly. Are you trying to tell me that you'd believe Taylor was completely behind any new directions she pursues in the future too? She's not an artist like Gaga who can turn her hand to anything if she puts her mind to it. She has distinct comfort zones that she won't break and whenever she does anything new like IKYWT and SIO, there's always professional writers/producers aiding her.

Thanks so much. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the Lana similarities. But because she's Taylor, she gets away with it. Gaga makes a song with production that maybe, somehow, perhaps sounds like a Madonna song and she gets the most unholy bashing for it and her career takes a massive hit. Taylor rips off Lana's entire style, themes, voice, lyrics, production and the chorus of one of her specific songs and nobody says a word.

Regarding your comment specifically toward me, you act like she went from pure country to pure PPP with one album, where in reality she showed a very obvious progression. I'm not sayin she did the whole album by herself, but she knew what she wanted for the album, what she wanted it to sound like, and clearly she came to Max martin and tedder with what she wanted for BS and IKP respectively. Her songs may sound more PPP, but a true fan can see that her lyrics are still very much "her," just now in a pop setting

So she's not going to sing the national anthem? She's not going to sing "Happy Birthday"?

Back in the old days, it was normal for artists to cover other people's songs, in fact the great majority did exactly that. Look at Frank Sinatra et al. There were dozens of singers making their own version.

She seems petulant.

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

Redstreak

So she's not going to sing the national anthem? She's not going to sing "Happy Birthday"?

Back in the old days, it was normal for artists to cover other people's songs, in fact the great majority did exactly that. Look at Frank Sinatra et al. There were dozens of singers making their own version.

She seems petulant.

She means specifically for her own album material. :awkney:

Rat Boy

She seems petulant.

You are taking her quote out of context. She was clearly stating that she would not sing other people's words on her own albums.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

You are taking her quote out of context. She was clearly stating that she would not sing other people's words on her own albums.

But lots of people do. Tony Bennett does it on every one of his albums.

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

Rat Boy

But lots of people do. Tony Bennett does it on every one of his albums.

Yes but Taylor Swift is not Tony Bennet. While Tony doesn't mind doing covers and singing classics she would rather stick to her own material. Both of them are great, respectable artists. Being different people they operate differently. Just because Tony does something that doesn't mean every artist has to follow in his footsteps, they are free to do as they please.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Jenniferella

When will it stop :smh:

Waiting for the other major pop girls to come back, I'm so bored of her being everywhere already

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Yes but Taylor Swift is not Tony Bennet. While Tony doesn't mind doing covers and singing classics she would rather stick to her own material. Both of them are great, respectable artists. Being different people they operate differently. Just because Tony does something that doesn't mean every artist has to follow in his footsteps, they are free to do as they please.

But Taylor's comment smacks of condescension towards artists who sing what others have written.

But Taylor's comment smacks of condescension towards artists who sing what others have written.

Can you stop? If you're joking, your comments aren't funny, and if you're being serious, then woah. She's allowed to write her own music. Tony just can't; they're different artists. Why would she sing other people's sibgs if she can sing her own

Archived