💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Mariah Carey performs "All I Want For Christmas Is You" live at Rockefeller Center

yxi

Featured Posts

Whispering

She's lost so much of her vocal ability...sad. :cry:

Mariah is still a legend, though, and had one of the best voices in the business. No one can ever take that away from her or doubt that fact!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theMonster5

Why they have the "Live Mic Feed" for without the music and back-up singers? Why broadcast this and make her look bad?

VforVendetta

First things first, check your spelling before you come for her. It's 'standards', noT 'standarts'. Secondly, it is pretty obvious that Mariah's voice has always been inconsistent. People keep saying that voice is declining since 1997, but her voice sounded like her prime during 2001-2004 :koons:

This one is worst compared to the one posted by the OP, and it was last year. 

The thing is, Gaga's performance doesn't require LOADS of acrobatic vocals. While Mariah needs to go into her head voice and chest voice constantly. So basically Gaga's live feed would sound a lot better. If Mariah's one doesn't require acrobatic vocals, she would've slayed most of the other performers who actually pre-taped their performances for dubbing.

I'm not coming for anyone stop being pressed. English are not my first language, I can do some mistakes. I know that her voice is diclining for a long time, what's your point though? 

I'm not coming for anyone stop being pressed. English are not my first language, I can do some mistakes. I know that her voice is diclining for a long time, what's your point though?

Lmao at you saying I'm pressed. Mariah does noT have the strongest voice in the music industry. Whitney has the strongest voice. That's why Whitney is termed as 'The Voice' while Mariah is termed as 'The Songbird Supreme'.

The point that I'm trying to drill into you is that Mariah may experience some decline in terms of vocal power, but her tone still remains. Her biggest problem is her inconsistency vocally in these past few years. She can still sing beautifully. Lemme give an example. She performed 'Triumphant (Get Em)' on the NFL thing back in 2012 and she was criticized for her bad vocals. At that same day, she went to a jazz bar and slayed everyone in the bar with her stunning impromptu vocals.

One of her biggest problem is the consistency. One day she can slay everyone with her vocals, the next day, she may experience some vocal problems. This is due to the nodules formed in her vocal cords. It is a blessing and curse at the same time. With the nodules, she can reach the whistle register. But at the same time, the nodules require her to do EXTENSIVE vocal rest before each performance, or it'll affect her consistency.

And that is the point I was trying to make in that post I made to you.

No.

Sorry to disappoint you but she is still better than 90% of the pop stars today, based on this performance alone.

Supersonic

Sorry to disappoint you but she is still better than 90% of the pop stars today, based on this performance alone.

I'm not even a Mariah fan but I agree 100%

PopBitch

Leave  Mariah alone.  Her legacy is intact.

I just wish she would change her look up from the boobalishis diva look with the hoity-toity personality that she developed somewhere along the way and just stayed in it.  It's always like she's stuck in a time warp that way.  But musically I still love her.

VforVendetta

Lmao at you saying I'm pressed. Mariah does noT have the strongest voice in the music industry. Whitney has the strongest voice. That's why Whitney is termed as 'The Voice' while Mariah is termed as 'The Songbird Supreme'.

The point that I'm trying to drill into you is that Mariah may experience some decline in terms of vocal power, but her tone still remains. Her biggest problem is her inconsistency vocally in these past few years. She can still sing beautifully. Lemme give an example. She performed 'Triumphant (Get Em)' on the NFL thing back in 2012 and she was criticized for her bad vocals. At that same day, she went to a jazz bar and slayed everyone in the bar with her stunning impromptu vocals.

One of her biggest problem is the consistency. One day she can slay everyone with her vocals, the next day, she may experience some vocal problems. This is due to the nodules formed in her vocal cords. It is a blessing and curse at the same time. With the nodules, she can reach the whistle register. But at the same time, the nodules require her to do EXTENSIVE vocal rest before each performance, or it'll affect her consistency.

And that is the point I was trying to make in that post I made to you.

You could have explained this instead of critcising my EBglish from the beginning. And If I recall Mariah has a more powerful voice that Whitney (when it comes to vocal range).

You could have explained this instead of critcising my EBglish from the beginning. And If I recall Mariah has a more powerful voice that Whitney (when it comes to vocal range).

Sorry for acting ruthless. I take things like this personally tbh, especially when it comes to my fave. 

And yes, in terms of vocal range. Mariah had more vocal range. She can sing until 7 octaves if she wants too. But Whitney had more vocal power during her prime (which Mariah could compete during her prime also) and after her prime (which Mariah obviously can't).

VforVendetta

Sorry for acting ruthless. I take things like this personally tbh, especially when it comes to my fave. 

And yes, in terms of vocal range. Mariah had more vocal range. She can sing until 7 octaves if she wants too. But Whitney had more vocal power during her prime (which Mariah could compete during her prime also) and after her prime (which Mariah obviously can't).

I was never a fan of these big powerhouse voices with all this range and tricks ayway. Simplier, more unique and nice-soudning voices like the ones of Adele, Gaga, Amy Winehouse (and even RIhanna eventhough she has no technique she has an amazing voice, too bad she never cared) always captured my attention more. I am not a fan of the quote ''the more the better'' in that case.

I was never a fan of these big powerhouse voices with all this range and tricks ayway. Simplier, more unique and nice-soudning voices like the ones of Adele, Gaga, Amy Winehouse (and even RIhanna eventhough she has no technique she has an amazing voice, too bad she never cared) always captured my attention more. I am not a fan of the quote ''the more the better'' in that case.

I have to agree. Although Mariah had such a great voice, I felt that her breakthrough album vocally was 'Butterfly', which is also her magnum opus. I'm not saying that her past album were not great, but rather I felt that this album had so much to offer. Restrained vocals, breathy vocals, clear beltings, and great songwriting. Her voice sounded more unique and it showed her beautiful tone throughout the whole album tbh.

Even though I'm neutral with that quote, I personally felt Mariah had used both cleverly. She had 'more', and used it to her advantage :yes:

Archived