hmm 979 Posted December 4, 2014 Share Posted December 4, 2014 I bet there was no such 'symbolic moves' if it was the US or the UK forces on their way to one of NATO's missions but ok I'm used to the double standards. Does US planes even fly above Ireland on their way to the ME in general? Yeah, they were/are allowed to land and use the air space when going to Iraq/Afghanistan as far as I know yes, Ireland's not a part of NATO so I'm not sure what would be the case there. If you meant UN peacekeeping forces or something, we send troops for those too Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dolev 867 Posted December 4, 2014 Share Posted December 4, 2014 Yeah, they were/are allowed to land and use the air space when going to Iraq/Afghanistan as far as I know yes, Ireland's not a part of NATO so I'm not sure what would be the case there. If you mean't UN peacekeeping forces or something, we send troops for those Not the peacekeeping forces. The forces the boombed the **** out of Afghanistan and left thousands killed and wounded, but there was not single country criticizing them. :koons: Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
hmm 979 Posted December 4, 2014 Share Posted December 4, 2014 Not the peacekeeping forces. The forces the boombed the **** out of Afghanistan and left thousands killed and wounded, but there was not single country criticizing them. :koons: Ireland doesn't partake in those and general consensus here at least (from what I've observed) is criticism of the US and UK for engaging in those wars, but it's true that Shannon airport is used as a stopping point by the US. It's arguably memories from Iraq that prevented the UK from initiating air-strikes in Syria and there was a recent enquiry in the UK into their role in Iraq, but I don't know much about that either I'm not denying the double standards by governments around the world when its comes to the criticisms of nations, but I personally am against all breaches of human rights, regardless of who is responsible for them Enough with Madonna or i'll report you for off topic post :wink: Well, arguably most of the thread is off topic in relation to France :clausney: Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paco 3,040 Posted December 4, 2014 Author Share Posted December 4, 2014 Well, arguably most of the thread is off topic in relation to France :clausney: Lemme report all yo asses since im apparently mean and cruel Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.