💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

TIME's Top 10 Best Albums, Best and Worst Songs of 2014

Spock

Featured Posts

aaronyoji

It's a list of the best songs of the year, not the most popular or successful. You having not heard the songs doesn't discredit the list.  :laughga:

thissss. thank you! im glad theyre acknowledging underground artists, i love that run the jewels song, and im glad people like fka twigs are being acknowledged. and st. vincent and azealia. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious about St Vincent's album. I'm gonna give it a listen. So glad Azealia's getting that recogition. :)

Gov Hooka

I hate it when these lists come out before the year's over. Beyonce's sudden late December release proved that these lists going out in December is stupid. January 1st at the absolute earliest for any of these lists, world's media.

I despair everytime I see Taylor Swift on any Best Of list. It's like...you need to get more if you think this is great pop music. I'm not just talking about indie acts here, I mean there is so many great mainstream acts that get overlooked because of the untouchable Princess Swift. I don't get why so many people kiss this girl's feet for being so unapologetically bland and predictable over and over again. When will the public stop buying into her and demand something better?

As for the worst of, well, Wiggle is no worse than most songs of its kind - I don't know why this one gets people so offended. This is not the first list of worst music of the year I've seen it on and I don't quite know why. I have no idea what Black Widow is doing on this list - it's one of the finest mainstream female rap tunes in years. Iggy does some of her most passionate rapping, the chorus pumps you up and the superb trap beat even makes me think of a spider. Surprised that All About That Bass is here - I know a lot of people don't like it, but it's not exactly worst of material. I always say that these worst of lists overlook so much terrible stuff that's out there and just bash all the most successful mainstream tunes instead. People go on about all the good work that goes unnoticed, but as a music reviewer, I see so many bad songs and albums that barely anyone ever discovers. Whenever I post my best and worst of lists in January, so many people have to research all these bad songs I'm posting. And then they wonder why the rest of the world didn't know about them.

THISSSSS :applause:

Supersonic

The only accuracies are Taylor's & Sia's placements. Rude was a nice song, a lot better than the **** that normally comes from North America

touchmetouchme

10 Best Albums

10. BWET - Azealia Banks

9. Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams

8. The Voyager - Jerry Lewis

7. Transgender Dysphoria Blues - Against Me

6. Ultraviolence - Lana Del Rey

5. Too Bright - Perfume Genius

4 . 1989 - Taylor Swift

3. Alt J - This Is All Yours

2 . St Vincent - St Vincent

1. LP1 - Fka Twigs

10 Best

10. Chandelier - Sia

9. Talking Backwards - Real Estate

8.In the House of Yes - Mr Twin Sister

7. Blockbuster Night Part 1 - Run The Jewels

6. Red Eyes - The War on Drugs

5. 2 On - Tinashae and Schoolboy Q

4 . Inside Out - Spoon

3. Move That Dope - Future

2. Blank Space - Taylor Swift

1. Flawless (Remix) - Beyonce feat. Nicki Minaj

10 Worst

10. LA Love - Fergie

9. Brooklyn Girls - Katey Shaw

8. Black Widow - Iggy Azalea feat Rita Ora

7 . Summer - Calvin Harris

6. Wiggle - Jason Derulo feat. Snoop Dogg

5. All About That Base - Megan Trainor

4. Sun Daze - Florida Georgia Line

3. Masterpiece - Jessie J

2. Literally I Can't - too many people to retype lol

1. Rude - Magic

Time spilling that serious tea on the worst songs though :thetea:

http://time.com/3613567/top-10-best-songs/

Girl-Bye-GIF.gif

Beyonce's team has to have a friend who is high up in TIME I mean this is ridiculous

KandiSideEye-sips-tea-gif.gif?resize=320

Anaconda should be on the worst tbh

NeNe-Leakes-GIF-Werk.gif

djBuffoon

Almost every song on 1989 is better than Blank Space.

Flawless Remix #1 :awkney:?

Both of these. Also, "Rude" the absolute worst? Mmmkay.

FrozenKookie

BWET, Ultraviolence, St. Vincent, god..

And you guys just don't know how ****KIN happy rn for recognizing FKA twigs and LP1 :cry: :emo:

And I've been a no-fan of Tay's music but I easily fell in love with 1989 :yes:

Rude is not the worst doe, Anaconda deserves it lol

I just forced myself to listen the second half to blank space (I only managed to get halfway through last time). I really don't understand how that song could be on anyone's top 10 list. So repetitive. So boring. What is the appeal? If Taylor has to be up there, shake it off would have been a much better choice.

Lion Heart

Worst
10. LA Love - Fergie
9. Brooklyn Girls - Katey Shaw
8. Black Widow - Iggy Azalea feat Rita Ora
7 . Summer - Calvin Harris
6. Wiggle - Jason Derulo feat. Snoop Dogg
5. All About That Base - Megan Trainor
4. Sun Daze - Florida Georgia Line
3. Masterpiece - Jessie J
2. Literally I Can't - too many people to retype lol
1. Rude - Magic

I like LA LOVE :/

Why is Black Widow in the worst list, what even.

Don't know why AATB is in there either. 

Anyway I'm glad FKA twigs and St. Vincent got the top 2 spots, and again with Lana in the top 10 of another list.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SlayedForTheGod

LOL at them going to Jessie's album tracks to pick a worse. such an oddly specific choice.

Archived