Die With A Smile Spotify Banner

Gaga spoke about Starlight at artRave, Glasgow

lego

Featured Posts

My issue with Starlight is that it is so repetitive. She changes the beat like every 10 minutes and I get bored. Yeah good on her for her "artistic integrity" or whatever but I'm not going to stand there and pretend that my pounding headache was from Breedlove and not her. Im pretty sure she did the same set yesterday as the one she did last month at Glasgow. I remember that awful high-pitched beat at the end. And it's not because I'm not a "true techno fan" or can't "appreciate music other than pop", its because she was rubbish. Sorry Starlight.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

Sad that Gaga was upset about the crowd feedback. And, as usual, many fans don't think about what they post online, or how they phrase it. But again, I can't be sorry for disliking what Starlight does. It wasn't engaging or amusing to my ears. And the crowd's impatience with her was palpable, especially after Hatsune's awesome set.

well tbh Starlight is not that bad at what she is doing (I personally DON'T like it) BUT fans are being too hard on her... She doesn't deserve it 

JazzGa

I've never seen Starlight's set before. But based on short videos I've seen and monsters' reviews of them, I think it's a pretty typical DJ set. I don't think Lady Starlight is necessarily a bad DJ or has a bad show, I just think DJ sets are meant to be played in clubs-- it's background music while you're dancing and drinking with your friends, maybe you can look up and check out the lights and the DJ's costume every one in a while. But DJ sets aren't meant to be the sole captivator of your attention for a full hour, so I just don't think a DJ is a good choice for an opener for a live arena/stadium show. IDK though, big name DJs like Deadmau5 and Skrillex probably play arenas.

I'm glad Gaga sticks with and supports her underground NYC musician friends even though she has risen to a totally different level. Semi-Precious Weapons seemed to get a positive reputation from people who attended the Monster Ball. 

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

MonsterOfSpain

I thought her set was boring, but don't need to be rude about it. My dad said she wasn't really playing anything lmao

FameHookah

Gaga is so silly , letting her friemds ruining her career all the time, look at how awful tara's makeup was, the cheap freddy's wigs etc etc..

She should start acting like a professional artist like she used to , before born this way.

WTF is MDNA

TimisaMonster

Artists can have their creative integrity and appeal to people better...there's compromise where both can be happy...its not one sided

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

LaLuna

I get that Starlight is her friend so it makes her upset when people are rude to her, but the thing is, she is imposing Starlight on her audience, they paid to see Gaga not Starlight, so if they don't like it they have a right to voice their opinion, Gaga cannot force people to like Starlight. But I agree that they don't have to be rude about it, after all, once Gaga comes on stage the opening acts don't really matter. 

spicemuncher

I was fortunate enough to attend the artRAVE 3 times, and Starlight is always very warmly welcomed and cheered when she comes on stage. About 3 minutes in, people are standing there just looking at each other like "what are we missing?" because Starlight seemed SO into it.

What do you expect from an audience that is 95% pop music fans to the core? Sue us for liking vocals, hooks, beat drops and a fabulous show. None of that is in Starlights set, so for a person with similar taste to mine, they just can't connect to it.

It's like when I went to Tate Modern museum. I saw from a corner about 10 people who were looking at a piece in such amazement (two girls were sketching away like the Mona Lisa was posing for them). I turn the corner to see what they're looking at, and it's an air condition duct. Just a duct. DUCT!!! Dated 2014! To them, perhaps that is art, to me, it's a duct.

Anyway, I paid £168 to see and cheer on Lady Gaga. I did, she was great, nothing else matters. I'm good.

I hope Gaga spares her good friend the negative comments and "hate" and gets a different opening act next time.

Oh God, imagine of Starlight opens the Cheek to Cheek tour.......

Lady Starlights set is horrible though, I wouldn't be rude and shout out something disrespectful. I felt sorry for her when in Manchester she had to explain half way through her set what she was doing... But if she knows people don't like it why doesn't she try a few creative changes?

There is no excuse for being rude, ever.

But I do agree that she needs to change it up and add some excitement to her set. 

Archived