💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why I think Gaga's Less Popular

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

Jonna Lee

She needs to make people remember her again, like getting people talking (e.g. Miley's VMA performance, Wrecking Ball video, Anaconda video) and most important, go back to wearing crazy costumes.

THIS  :classy:

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone tell me what is LG's vision/purpose and what she is doing or should be doing to achieve that? Thanks (:

giskardsb

Preach it sis. Totally agree. That's what drew me into Gaga so much in the first place - the fact that she was enigmatic/mysterious - that I kept wanting to know MORE and MORE about her.

and now that fans do know more about her, it seems many wish they didn't.

Thats kinda sad actually.  People prefer a specific persona over the real woman.

giskardsb

Can anyone tell me what is LG's vision/purpose and what she is doing or should be doing to achieve that? Thanks (:

her vision and purpose changes over time depending on her goals and feelings.  We don't know her specific vision or purpose for the next album at the current time. 

her vision and purpose changes over time depending on her goals and feelings.  We don't know her specific vision or purpose for the next album at the current time. 

What about ARTPOP? What is its vision and how it has achieved it?

djBuffoon

But those are the songs the GP will remember. I, for one, fall in love with a song that is catchy. Lyrics are secondary to me - I fall in love with the melody. In total honesty, a song could be about a sock, but if the melody itself is catchy, then it is incredible to me. This doesn't happen just to me, but to others too. It's that exact earworm that made Gaga's first initial music so popular. 

That's fair enough, but it bugs me when fans suggest that the music is not good enough because it's not an instantaneous earworm. I think the music from her last two albums is leaps and bounds ahead of her first two, even if the GP isn't as aware of those songs.

This.  And other songs were catchy, like Gypsy.  More promo would have made a difference, but management/label dropped the ball.  Fans keep track of what is going on, but the public didn't even know about Gaga's new songs or that she was still around at all, and that's just bad promo.

Right, as always. The music isn't the problem, it was the promo, and (first and foremost) members of the general public are just not here for her anymore. That is not her fault, and she shouldn't have to s-x herself up or dumb herself down to make herself more appealing to them. Then she will have truly become "basic". But for now, she is doing her and that is good enough for me.

Ladey Gagz

I take your point, but I'm merely trying to see what is different now to before when she was at her peak. Many other members agree with me and I think I have a point :shrug:

Maybe there is no reason

Literally EVERY career has ups and downs. Nobody can be at the top forever. Maybe it was just her time to back down a bit and she'll get up soon.

But maybe you're right. Nobody knows. :shrug:

LittleBoot

Her creative direction is what lead to her decline in popularity. She didn't stick with the standard hit making formula. Plus there was the departure of the creative team that had a major hand in her image, promotion and success.

But from what she's said, that direction was something she was not happy with and it wasn't a sustainable thing for her in the long run. I guess that's why I'm not crazy about people's obsession over her sales and chart success compared to other artists.

Born This Way gayness and uglyness scared her casual fans

It was disgusting and preachy...

If it wasnt for TFM and TF that album would have tanked.

It also ruined ARTPOP's fate. :manicure:

Yep. An album about gays and then one about "ART"... makes me wonder what could be next.

Right, as always. The music isn't the problem, it was the promo, and (first and foremost) members of the general public are just not here for her anymore. That is not her fault, and she shouldn't have to s-x herself up or dumb herself down to make herself more appealing to them. Then she will have truly become "basic". But for now, she is doing her and that is good enough for me.

I think she will always do what she wants and let the chips fall where they may with public opinion.  I love her image in artRAVE and C2C, the real happy and nice person she really is.  I hope the world begins to see she really is a kind and positive person, those aren't just words to her, it's who she is as a person.  Her talent will speak for itself, that has never been the problem.

I live outside the space time continuum.

There are many factors, but for me, one of them is that Gaga has become increasingly more accessible, relatable and 'human'. During her peak, Gaga was unpredictable and almost seemed 'un-human'. She was this imposing figure that no one could really understand - she was secretive, intelligent and just plain weird. We didn't really know anything about her personal life or what her personality was even like really and we all wanted to find out more about her. She now does skits on Saturday Night Live and pokes fun at her persona, she openly talks about troubles in her life, relationships and fame. For the general public, she just now seems like a regular, basic pop star (one who seems to appeal almost exclusively to the gay community, although this is and unfair generalisation) and when she tries to do something crazy again, the public are tired of it.

There are two types of celebrities, there are ones who want to be seen as ordinary, every-day friendly neighbour type celebs. Then there are those who want to be seen as arty, alien, untouchable celebrities. Lady Gaga used to be the latter. Now, she's become much more of a normal person.

she seems more and more like an average pop star who is easily forgotten.

Fastforwarding to the artRAVE, a less successful tour. To me, the artRAVE is very basic for Gaga - although the show itself is very enjoyable, it's something I wouldn't be surprised to see from another pop star - it has no plot, it's all about raving, there's confetti, lights, sea shells and flowers. I experienced the artRAVE and although enjoyable, it just seamed like your standard pop show. She seems to have lost that power that she once had.

I can't see the lies

tumblr_ljd4cq9gig1qiz3j8o1_400.gif

the tea

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

it's because Madonna marked her when they were doing the SNL sketch and in 2012 she cursed her :reductive:

:rip:

Don't be insecure if you heart is pure, you're still good to me if you're a bad kid baby.

Archived