Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

West Australian: "Taylor Swift's 1989, the closest thing to Thriller in years"

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

At its best, 1989 is a treat fizzing with hallmarks of its titular decade. All You Had to Do Was Stay recalls (or maybe even samples) Annie Lennox, while I Wish You Would blends early Madonna with light guitar motifs based on INXS and U2.

Cynics might suggest the seven-time Grammy Award winner has always gunned for top of the pops but previous outings always had something for country radio to play. There's nothing for them here, but every track on 1989 could be a single, which perhaps isn't saying that much given eight seconds of static her label accidently uploaded to iTunes topped the Canadian chart last week.

This once-in-a-generation star has taken her fans with her, creating regular social media frenzies and making the release of an album - that poor, dumb dodo of today's popular culture - once again feel like an event.

This 13-track collection of perfectly polished pop is the closest thing in years to Michael Jackson's Thriller, and that's thrilling.

The album bursts with hairbrush anthems featuring strong vocals and gossip-spawning lyrics that are basically a diary of the star's past two years.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/music/a/25376387/swift-is-shaking-it-all-up/

Have we officially entered upon the era of the female MJ? thot.gif

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber

Umm... no.... they're only kissing her ass because she's "the thing" right now

Brainiac

LOL NO. people need to STOP overrating this album. Yes it's a good album but it's not this huge masterpiece that so many people keep making it out to be.

Elizabeth

I don't trust the West Australian when it comes to reviews :rip: 

I mean 1989 is good, but I think the MJ comparisons are too much :smh: 

RAMROD

Let them Swifties happy before hard times comes.

Monsters already have their parts before C2C.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

strong vocals!? are you f--king kidding? I hear weak ass vocals throughout the album and off pitches every here and there

ChasingTables

LOL NO. people need to STOP overrating this album. Yes it's a good album but it's not this huge masterpiece that so many people keep making it out to be.
Basically this. :awkney:

Comparing Taylor's album to MJ's Thriller...? Really? :fail:
Ikr. :awkney:

It's a ****ing amazing album, but I don't know if we need to get crazy and compare it to one of the greatest albums of all time........

Archived