Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why other pop artists are still hugely popular, but not Gaga.

Quark

Featured Posts

Andreyw

I like the fact that in my country , Applause , despite being a flop here, is still being played by 1-2 Music channels and also used in different shows , talkshows and news :Music:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her disappearance in 2012 + about 3/4 of 2013 damaged her popularity a lot.

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

David Butler

It's simple, Because Gaga doesn't dumb down her music for the brainwashed, degenerate, mentally enslaved, ignorant, zombie masses.  

Andreyw

and DWUW was played pretty much on radio and also G.U.Y. had some few plays on tv :music: and after Judas , she wasn't that big here as she used to :Emma:

VforVendetta

It's simple, Gaga was just much too bigger than the othersand she couldn;t stay that forever, this is why she had thre biggest decrease. Now she has similar popularity with the others. ALso many of the acts you mentioned are not big WW. ALso half the artists you mentioned are half as popular as Gaga.

I like the fact that in my country , Applause , despite being a flop here, is still being played by 1-2 Music channels and also used in different shows , talkshows and news :music:

What country?

Jonna Lee

It's simple, Because Gaga doesn't dumb down her music for the brainwashed, degenerate, mentally enslaved, ignorant, zombie masses.  

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

Gaga is a master of pop culture, she's smart and musically and culturally educated if she want she can come back with a strong concept with the right music to slay the charts...songs like DWUW are what she needs for her next album, people loved this side of gaga because was different from her past works but not overly extreme or crazy, controversial but smart, metaphorical but easy to undestrand.

I'm sorry but Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass song isn't basic, and has a meaning behind it, and still made it to #1, even tho the singer wasn't famous before at all.

Enjoy the song and stop the argue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk

This song has to be the worst song of all time, I repeat of ALL TIME

Donatello

There's nothing risky about ARTPOP's songs, it's just that they weren't presented well. Applause didn't have a Gaga-level vid, the choreo was terrible, and the performances bland. It wasn't the right single choice in the first place anyway. It's just another generic pop instrumental with awful lyrics. It's the one ARTPOP song I cannot defend. Even Gaga has loathed to perform it in several instances (SXSW - Applause's cue was "And now because they told us we have to...".)

It should've been the original Aura. Lyrically, instrumentally, those HahhhaHHHAhHhhAS and the screaming. LADY GAGA

she is not easy to understand and people want from pop "artist" to be easily relatable without using the brain...she is not conventional basci and safe she is the opposite. Lady Gaga is polarizing you love her or hate. Anyway she is used by other artist as ispiration cause she bring back things from the past which become popular again...( look at the ART+ POP - gwen stefani - katy perry with THWD - taylor swift with her polaroid/slide covers etc etc)

this is reaaaaching gurl

Lady Gaga remains the biggest pop star in the world today. #fact & /thread :kissga:

reading this provokes orgasms in me

angelduuh

It's because this era was a mess.

She is still and will be succesful, if she wants to. The thing is that is 'cool' to don't like Lady Gaga, but it's 'cool' to like artists like Rihanna or Katy.

Psychedelic

Sometimes I think it's karma to her conceited stans... just look at this thread, many could've given their point without dragging other artist and putting Gaga up in a pedestal where not even Greek artists and phylosophers can step up on... but they can't help it!

:ohwell:

I'm sure she will have her moment again, not sure when. People got tired of her outrageous mimics, she will either slow that down and people will be like "oh is tha Gaga being normal, I like it" (like what is happening with C2C). Or people will need that 'x' factor from her and cant find in any other mainstream artists and it will match with something appealling she releases by then (I don't doubt that for a second)

:nick:

Archived