Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why other pop artists are still hugely popular, but not Gaga.

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

First let me start by saying that Gaga is obviously still very popular and successful all over the world. And to this day, no modern pop artists has reached the amount of impact, influence, and success that Gaga did during her peak. But it is also quite obvious that compared to some of her contemporaries, she is the one that decreased most in popularity.

So why are many pop artists like Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Rihanna, ect. still hugely successful but not Gaga? The answer, I think that we all know it deep down. And that is that Gaga just takes too many risks and deviates the most of what is considered the norm. Her lyrics can be overtly s-xual, complex, and metaphorical. She regularly sings about subjects that only a select group of people would like and or that many could see as offensive/controversial. Her fashion is alien, artsy, weird, and maybe even scary to some people. Her performances, while spectacular, are often shocking and controversial too. And her music, often includes sounds, genres, and or musical influences that you would not normally hear in mainstream radio. Her contemporaries on the other hand tend to write for the masses. They sing about subjects that are easily relatable to a wide range of people. And they keep an image that would be consider cool and s-xy by most. If these contemporaries deviate, is usually some small deviation.

In conclusion, I personally love that Gaga takes risks. And there is nothing wrong with Gaga exploring her ideas and being a true artist. But if Gaga wants to continue following her vision, than huge mainstream success could potentially be sacrificed.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people don't want to admit to liking her stuff because they see her as the 'weird' one  :ohwell:

she's also not as easy to understand, not as basic or accessible as perhaps some of the other pop stars her songs aren't just catchy bops with no meaning behind them 

sometimes gaga needs to make controversy and sometimes she shouldn't

there must be a balance because I don't always want gaga to release alejandros and Judas and DWUW videos, it's too much, sometimes we just need a break with simple songs and videos about love that could easily relate to, sometimes you have to think A LOT ot comprehend gaga's songs and videos and that's a turn off for a lot of people

tumblr_lms8d0vTHe1ql5uxjo1_500.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Azor Ahai

1) Bruno Mars isnt as popular as anyone else in that list

2)She was famous for being weird at first and now thats she is no longer *Fresh!* people dont care about her

djBuffoon

Agreed. And, as you said, I would much rather Gaga have room to expand her vision and try things and risk getting people pissed off, than play it relatively safe. Better to aim high and miss, than aim low and hit the mark, in my opinion.

Pain of fame1

Gaga is in a valley now because of ARTPOP but i'm sure that with the next one she will have a peek again, i's just a normal artist's career. Beyonce was a flop with 4 and look at her now.

monketsharona

I love Gaga doing what she wants because her discography will be definitely more varied than any other popstars of her generation.

But I kinda agree, I think she should do more songs for mainstream, radios. More GP oriented songs to sell and to draw attention on her album. I think she should win back the GP and radio with her next solo album.

Though I don't want her next album to be only commercial.

djBuffoon

2)She was famous for being weird at first and now thats she is no longer *Fresh!* people dont care about her

Mysterious, yes. But weird, I didn't think so. Not initially.

Bellatrix

But if Gaga wants to continue following her vision, than huge mainstream success could potentially be sacrificed.

She will continue following her vision. She's not here just to have a huge mainstream success.

Remember that she said at the keynote interview at SXSW that she wants to keep doing her thing even if it means that she would have to go back singing in bars like she did before she got famous. So I don't think she would doubt a second if she had to choose between them.

The general population is afraid of thinking too deeply into things. They would rather just go on not questioning the crummy aspects of life and hear about Dark Horses and Teenage Dreams. Unfortunately, no one wants to relate to the outsider that doesn't accept things for the way they are. That would be much too complicated and would force them to be introspective and confront their own stuff.

It's kind of why some guys here at school don't like me. I don't talk about honey boo boo or EDM music, I talk about things like racial inequality and science fiction.

People want simplicity. And that's a sad, sad thing.

Ursula Buffay

people don't want to admit to liking her stuff because they see her as the 'weird' one   :ohwell:

she's also not as easy to understand, not as basic or accessible as perhaps some of the other pop stars her songs aren't just catchy bops with no meaning behind them 

I'm sorry but Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass song isn't basic, and has a meaning behind it, and still made it to #1, even tho the singer wasn't famous before at all.

Enjoy the song and stop the argue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk

Archived