Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Taylor Swift's '1989' debuts with 1.287 Million!

SomethingMore

Featured Posts

Judas Oyster

Oops! I Did It Again had the largest first week sales for a woman ever, it sold 1,319,000 first week

Nice :) Taylor would have beaten the record if the sales in the industry were as big as before tbh :P

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her power is undeniable.

The one reason why I'm happy about this is because it proves that album sales aren't yet truly dead

I don't understand all the shady 2nd Week posts. 1989 is gonna 5x more than ARTPOP did in its first week and you're STILL trying to bring Taylor down? You guys sound pressed.

2nd week will see her future.

I see the headlines now "90% drop biggest ever in history" because that's the way Billboard likes to operate

Rollercoaster

I don't understand all the shady 2nd Week posts. 1989 is gonna 5x more than ARTPOP did in its first week and you're STILL trying to bring Taylor down? You guys sound pressed.

It's nothing to do with ARTPOP. Its everything to do with the media fabricating ****ty headlines for musicians despite the facts.

SMILE2NE1

Her use of social media and promotional schedule were on point

1. Shake it Off generated so much hype

2. So did Out of the Woods

3. She leveraged social media so well - after booking all the top promo spots for the week she posted her schedule for fans - who would no doubt watch and promote it to their friends

4. She's been posting competitions, fun videos all over Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

New York Magazine totally spilled the tea a couple of years ago though...

large.bKMrB59QG9sTcacKTx7KoqbVCU_ZJLdk4p

who will love me when the night is over

Psychedelic

Not true. There are many people here who haven't liked a thing Gaga has done in the past four years. I wouldn't call that a fan. Yet, here they are...day after day sharing their "opinions" about "what Gaga is doing wrong". If that is allowed on this site, then surely a few opinions on an artist (that this site isn't even dedicated to) is also allowed.

If only one negative post is allowed per artist, then there are tons of Gaga "fans" that violate that rule on a daily basis, while posting their negative opinions about Gaga. What goes for Gaga certainly should go for random artists on a Gaga fansite. :shrug:

Just like stans of other artists are confusing people stating their opinions with being a hater or a troll. Some that defend other artists are the first to jump in with their negativity on anything Gaga does. ;)

Because that isn't how it works here. People are allowed to have negative opinions on other artists, including Gaga. Since it is allowed, people do it. Also, this isn't the Taylor thread, just a thread about Taylor in the Entertainment section. I have noticed that people will share their opinions more freely in threads like this one versus the allocated official thread in the Music section of this Entertainment area.

I'm not saying it's a rule, I meant they shouldn't be so obvious about it, whatever artists they're hating on, even for the ones that tend to be negative towards Gaga all the time. Difference is that you would never see someone being so straight deludedly hateful towards Gaga (saying things like 'she has no talent', 'she can't sing', 'she hasn't achieved anything') number one because it's not true and secondly because it's a Gaga dedicated forum (and I'm fine with that, we have plenty of deluded negativity already) but what I mean is that some do that for other musical acts, like you clearly see in this thread. I don't even like Taylor but I can't at some are saying she isn't talented or her achievements are worthless. That's pure pitiful hate, it's clear those aren't true. 

And they don't even bother to add an 'imo' and leave, they return constantly to the same thread to try to prove themselves right over the opinions of others. And happens with every thread that's open about such artist.

I bet we will be seeing lots of negativity towards Taylor from now on, it didn't happen before because Taylor hadn't had a successful era before ARTPOP happened. And it's the same case for a couple of other popstars. But whatever, I guess that's not going to change because there isn't any rule that can control it (And I don't expect or want there to be one).

What I'd like to see is fans being able to understand that there are moments for every artist to shine or peak, Gaga did already in a phenomenal way (literally), and I'm sure she will have great moments again in the future, but constantly bashing other artists that are successful at the moment won't make it happen sooner. It just makes us look like a pressed fanbase and I dare to say one of the most right now, lots of pop fans label us as such already, and that ends up damaging the support we could get from them in the future.

Whispering

I'm not saying it's a rule, I meant they shouldn't be so obvious about it, whatever artists they're hating on, even for the ones that tend to be negative towards Gaga all the time. Difference is that you would never see someone being so straight deludedly hateful towards Gaga (saying things like 'she has no talent', 'she can't sing', 'she hasn't achieved anything') number one because it's not true and secondly because it's a Gaga dedicated forum (and I'm fine with that, we have plenty of deluded negativity already) but what I mean is that some do that for other musical acts, like you clearly see in this thread.

I've seen Gaga called fat, lazy, delusional, selfish, hypocrite...

I've seen it said that she owes her entire career to a producer, a manager or a team- that she wouldn't be famous or have the talent she has without a certain person or a certain team. I've seen her called a cheat and liar- that she faked her hip injury or that she is using the BTW foundation to funnel money. I've seen it said that her relationship isn't real- that she is using Taylor to put on a show for the public. She's been accused of betraying her fans or purposely ignoring them or taking advantage of them when she takes some time for herself. I've seen people say she was on heroin and meth and that she is still on these hard d--gs. How negative do people have to get for you to feel they are negative?

And they don't even bother to add an 'imo' and leave, they return constantly to the same thread to try to prove themselves right over the opinions of others. And happens with every thread that's open about such artist.

Same with Gaga. It is the same "fans" saying the same things over and over in every thread they can find where they can express their extreme negativity. They don't post an imo and leave it at that. It is a continuous attack on Gaga...on her own forum. That type of atmosphere has been established, therefore it will bleed over into every other part of the site.

FFXSoul91

i hope she breaks britney's record so her fans can stop using it everytime as a 'receipt' when discussing her latest albums are really low quality :manicure:

Britney's impact.

Chuckles

New York Magazine totally spilled the tea a couple of years ago though...

large.bKMrB59QG9sTcacKTx7KoqbVCU_ZJLdk4p

Fuunny how it does not mention Rihanna though  :fan:

Anyways, I'm happy for taylor her promo was on point

Psychedelic

I've seen Gaga called fat, lazy, delusional, selfish, hypocrite...

I've seen it said that she owes her entire career to a producer, a manager or a team- that she wouldn't be famous or have the talent she has without a certain person or a certain team. I've seen her called a cheat and liar- that she faked her hip injury or that she is using the BTW foundation to funnel money. I've seen it said that her relationship isn't real- that she is using Taylor to put on a show for the public. She's been accused of betraying her fans or purposely ignoring them or taking advantage of them when she takes some time for herself. I've seen people say she was on heroin and meth and that she is still on these hard d--gs. How negative do people have to get for you to feel they are negative?

Same with Gaga. It is the same "fans" saying the same things over and over in every thread they can find where they can express their extreme negativity. They don't post an imo and leave it at that. It is a continuous attack on Gaga...on her own forum. That type of atmosphere has been established, therefore it will bleed over into every other part of the site.

:duck: I haven't seen those things being said about her here on GGD for myself, but I believe you. It's terrible!!!

I wish all this negativity would at least slow down, whatever artist you're a fan of. :(  Stanning culture sucks, makes you deluded towards other artists and your own fave sometimes. 

FrankGutz

I don't  listen to Taylor Swift. She's just there. I've never found her music appealing and I probably won't buy this album either, but let the girl do her thing. She's selling like crazy, good for her.

This

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Archived