💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Taylor Swift's '1989' debuts with 1.287 Million!

SomethingMore

Featured Posts

Scarlet Witch

I'm sorry but this is a mess. The Taylor-Gaga comparisons are completely imbecile not only because they have nothing to do with each other but also because they approach music in a different way.

Taylor may not drench herself in blood and influence culture but that doesn't mean that she doesn't have an impact. She is the youngest person to have ever won a Grammy Award for Album of the Year and she has a total of seven. She is on track to open for a third consecutive time with 1M+ sales (probably beating the Britney record), making her the first person ever to do so, in this ****ty sales climate. She broke attendance a sell out records with her last two tours and she is the poster girl for the revitalization of the concert industry.

This is impact.

She may not have an incredible Jazz voice or insanely amazing bat-**** crazy outfits but that shouldn't discredit her talent or merits in any way. Yes, she is "normal" and has incredible success. Shock. Now stfu or get out because this is the exact reason why everybody hates us. And because you're pressed.

Microwave ha :tea::applause:

Anyway I'm so excited for this album with so many potential hits:

Blank Space

AYHTDWS

Clean

This Love

I Know Places

Wildest Dreams

Wonderland

New Romantics

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does music HAVE to be experimental? Why can't a pop star write an album about love and songs people can relate to? I mean I love me some Banks and FKA Twigs but that doesn't mean I only want experimental music.

I might be misinterpretation his/her post wrong but I think by "experimental" he/she means more like "unique, interesting". Nothing on the album is really attention-grabbing. I played the album at my friend's place and he asked me if it was Katy Perry. I mean... Yeah.

Born Brave

So am I

it's the harsh truth and the saying "that's showbuisness" is such a correct term.

Like it or not, Taylor Swift is the biggest US female in my eyes. Who ever disagrees is simply deluded, 3 1M+ album debuts makes her some special.

You may not like it, but she's bigger than Gaga, Katy, Beyonce all of them.

Truth.

I'm sorry but this is a mess. The Taylor-Gaga comparisons are completely imbecile not only because they have nothing to do with each other but also because they approach music in a different way.

Taylor may not drench herself in blood and influence culture but that doesn't mean that she doesn't have an impact. She is the youngest person to have ever won a Grammy Award for Album of the Year and she has a total of seven. She is on track to open for a third consecutive time with 1M+ sales (probably beating the Britney record), making her the first person ever to do so, in this ****ty sales climate. She broke attendance and sell out records with her last two tours and she is the poster girl for the revitalization of the concert industry.

This is impact.

She may not have an incredible Jazz voice, insanely amazing bat-**** crazy outfits or experiment with electronic music but that shouldn't discredit her various talents or merits in any way. Yes, she is "normal" and has incredible success. Shock. Now stfu or get out because this is the exact reason why everybody hates us. And because you're pressed.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

MonsterOfSpain

Congrats to her, it's a really nice album and it will probably top Speak Now as my fave Taylor album.

It's amazing she'll probably break Britney's record with the current sales climate, I'm really surprised, I was only expecting like 700k.

Congrats to her, it's a really nice album and it will probably top Speak Now as my fave Taylor album.

It's amazing she'll probably break Britney's record with the current sales climate, I'm really surprised, I was only expecting like 700k.

I think so too! But it's kind of a bitter sweet feeling because Speak Now is just so :legend:

who will love me when the night is over

LaLuna

Pathetic how people assume others are hating on Taylor due to jealousy. Not hard to accept some people genuinely don't like this album. It has nothing to do with Gaga, AT ALL. Go on a Taylor Swift forum if you feel you have to discredit Gaga in order to defend her.

:applause:

So sick of all the "mess at all the pressed monsters" comments. 

This is a ****ing Gaga forum, not a Taylor Swift forum, so don't assume that all of us have to love Taylor :madge:

Fiona Apple

Oops, thank you for correcting my flop English! Gaga does have more but they are quite in near in numbers btw. I hope Gaga returns with a big storm in her next era.

Yea it's true that they are quite near. But I guess that when Gaga has an 8 years career (in 2 years) She will have even more top 10 hits.. I hope her next lead single will have the longetivity that Applause had *.*

MonsterOfSpain

I think so too! But it's kind of a bitter sweet feeling because Speak Now is just so :legend:

I was listening to "Enchanted" earlier and omg what a flawless song :giveup:

:applause:

So sick of all the "mess at all the pressed monsters" comments. 

This is a ****ing Gaga forum, not a Taylor Swift forum, so don't assume that all of us have to love Taylor :madge:

No, not all of you have to like Taylor but that doesn't mean that every Taylor thread should be derailed by an avalanche of **** while Taylor stans react to it, making messy posts.

You don't like her like I don't like Iggy or Lorde or whatever but I don't go on their threads busting balls. Maybe you haven't but a lot of people on here are being assholes about it.

New predictions: 1.1-1.2 M :giveup:

Her label has to do something, I need that record! 

The slayage is so real :giveup:

Archived