1. 1. who's team are you on?

• #TeamMiley
    • #TeamSinead

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HauntingHollow

Just because people are stupid and easily manipulated we have to act according to it, no thanks, it is about point of view and Skinhead No Color has that 19th century one. Hashtagdontshowyourankleyous-xualized*****  :evil:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

She'll be 22 soon...  :coffee: She doesn't look that young.

I get what Sinead is saying, but she needs to let it go.

Why go after Miley when there are many other artists who are more damaging? 

Miley isn't supposed to be s-xy, she's like a caricature of "s-xy". It's awful how many people can't grasp that.

Miley's an adult though...

Why would she need her parents? :awkney:

Being an adult doesn't suddenly mean that you make the best decisions for yourself....

FragileLamplite

I'm not sure who this Sinead person is or why we should care what she says, but she sounds like an old has been who is using Miley for relevance.

StrawberryBlond

Sinead is spot on once again. The music industry can be very dark and this is one of the many questionable areas - the s-xualisation of young artists (some of which may look under-age, even if they're not) and in turn, the s-xualisation of their young fanbases. Usually, around the third album, most young female artists get promoted as a new, adult, s-xy girl for some reason, but their fanbase is still very young, younger than them. It's like a verse I heard in a parody song about popstars: "Start out innocent to get my fanbase large, my listeners will be people in their tweens and old perverts who can't wait till I turn 18. And my first hit will be a Disney song, but my good girl image won't last too long, my first album just had some innuendo, but by my third album, I'll act like a full-blown ho." So, their young fans are watching them perform in revealing outfits and will start to want to dress like this too, which would make them look like child prostitutes, and listen to their album filled with s-xual songs and start singing them, believing that this is something of importance in their life, even though they're too young to engage in s-x. If a female artist's #1 fanbase is young girls, why are they so s-xualised? Who are they being s-xual for? Then there are boybands, whose entire albums consist of songs about dating and getting in a girl's pants, despite most of their female fanbase being below the age of consent. Girls are bombarded with messages from the media every day encouraging them to be s-xual and being reminded that people are looking at them in a s-xual light despite being so young and it's very disturbing. What's worse is that it's impossible to escape, except if you lock your child in a room with no tv, computer or phone, and never let them out. I'm going to feel so much pressure if I become a parent to shield my child from the evils of the media influence on them. It's high time more people took a stand against it all.

I'm not sure who this Sinead person is or why we should care what she says, but she sounds like an old has been who is using Miley for relevance.

Sinead is one of the biggest Irish artists of all time. She sang one of the most famous songs of all time, Nothing Compares 2 U, which was a #1 hit all over the world, including spending 4 weeks at the top of the Billboard 100 and was one of the best selling singles of 1990. The song is also very famous for its understated video. It repeatedly comes out strong in best videos lists. Think it's very over-rated, myself, but you can't deny its impact. Miley herself actually said that she was inspired by the video for Wrecking Ball, which was evident from all her facial close ups. It was this confession that prompted Sinead to start corresponding with Miley because the two videos had basically nothing in common and Sinead didn't want anyone to think that she was supporting Miley's controversial actions just because she had reportedly been inspired by her. Sinead has always fought against the music industry's expectations, especially in regards to the s-xualisation of female artists, something she herself was heavily encouraged to get into, but declined. She knows the industry well and her voice is one of experience and wisdom.

RAMROD

Nothing compares 2 U, Sinead :dope:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

destructivelove

What a load of crap.

If gaga wrote this about the industry...you would be praising her :awkney: did you even consciously read the article tho...?

Archived