💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Which Blackout was worse?

SIRE

339 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• The hip blackout (Feb 2012-July 2013)
    • DWUW Blackout (November 2013-March 2014)

Featured Posts

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

:messga: the hip

before that moment she was like the little engine that could, releasing things all the time and always heavy with promo, lots of passion, and overall she was just more enigmatic and exciting. its never been the same since the hip blackout

The only person who should be commenting on how insufferable these periods were, is Gaga. She was the one who had to personally deal with it

Doesn't matter that one was cause by a ****ing hip injury/overexhaustion and the other was caused by depression.

Just another thread exposing the true selfishness of this fan base.

XoXoJoanneGaga

I wasn't keeping up with her during the hip blackout, for me the worst blackout was after the BTW era ended and she said "I don't intend to speak to anyone for a very long time". I think that blackout did a lot of harm because casual fans completely forgot about her and even hardcore fans like me started to forget. I pretty much forgot about her until Applause came out because of that.

Battle 4 Ur Life

I dunno, they both made me suffer very much...I voted for the DWUW one cause, you know, it destroyed an entire era.

at least during the hip blackout she was taking care of herself and still being productive...the DWUW was way worse because back then nobody had a f* clue of what was going on.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Jesse Pinkman

As a fan, the hip blackout was excruciating. One minute she was hyping ARTPOP and touring, the next she fell off the face of the planet. We didn't know if she was okay or what was going on. It was terrible.

It's science, bitch

Born To Slay

I hated the DWUW blackout more because we waited so long for the era and after only two single cycles, she cut the era.

thefamebitch

Hip.

There was literally NOTHING.  It went from The Born This Way Ball Tour to nothing. I remember this fan-base seriously wondering what the hell was going on for months on end.  She didn't update us whatsoever (for good reasons), but for a fan it was kinda heartbreaking cause all we knew is that she was in devastating pain and nobody at all from her team, family, friends, media reported on any improvements for a really long time.  I swear it felt like Gaga was dead cause of the lack of information on what was happening next (which we were given since about 2009).

While yeah the DWUW blackout sucked, but at least we knew she was working on something (a tour, etc).  There was more of a reality check during the DWUW blackout. 

As a fan, the hip blackout was excruciating. One minute she was hyping ARTPOP and touring, the next she fell off the face of the planet. We didn't know if she was okay or what was going on. It was terrible.

this

Both were terrible, but I remember the post-Born This Way "oath of silence", which bled into the tour and "hip" blackout, as being almost physically painful. It was so strange to be a huge fan at that time, as I'd been quite a big fan since 2009, and it was mostly a steady stream of new material coming all the time, then suddenly nothing. No tweets, nothing new happening, I was wondering if Gaga was actually really okay for the first time. It was actually quite humbling in retrospect, and taught *some* fans a valuable lesson about the fact that while Lady Gaga is a product, the human behind the product needs to take care of herself a lot more. The DWUW blackout was frustrating for fans and probably more for Gaga herself, but nowhere near as desperate and bewildering as what had come before. 

The Do What U Want blackout was absolutely awful because it completely SLAUGHTERED any bit of momentum that the ARTPOP era had from Applause and Do What U Want's success on the radio. I don't think the blackout was necessary. I think she should've just cut the video as soon as she knew it wasn't what she wanted and moved on to a new single around late November/early December. Waiting from October to March to release the next single was embarrassing. If I were her, I would've said "F*** this" as soon as the ties broke with Troy and she hired Bobby and released Venus as soon as Do What U Want started to fall a little on the charts. She had the video, director, and everything together in her mind for that, and I feel like that really needed to happen for her.

But also, the hip injury blackout basically changed ARTPOP entirely as an album, so who knows what the original album was like. It's my favorite album, but I think she "perfected" it too much during this blackout. Oh, well.

Cody Draco

DWUW because I was too busy during the other one to care tbh. I wasn't on this site either so I wasn't thinking about Gaga every single day and I wasn't having to hear about her every single day. :shrug:

Archived