💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

The Walking Dead Becomes The Most Watched Cable Show Of All Time

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

With 17.3 million viewers, last night’s season five premiere of AMC’s “The Walking Dead†was the highest rated show in cable television history. The show topped a 2007 airing of “High School Musical 2″  which aired on August 17, 2007 and drew 17.2 million viewers as highest-rated live/same day non-sports telecast in cable history. The ratings top the season 4 premiers which drew a series-best 16.1 million same day viewers.

That season 4 premiere, with 21.1 million total viewers, had been the most watched cable show of all time when considering time-shifted viewing, which wasn’t much of a factor when HSM set its record in 2007. . Last night’s premiere, entitled No Sanctuary, is expected to break that record with more than 22 million total viewers.

What’s been even more impressive than the raw numbers is “The Walking Dead’s†demographic performance, and last night was no exception. With 11 million viewers, a 6% increase over last year, the premiere was the most watched show in the 18-49 age group, beating powerhouse live programming like Sunday Night Football.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2014/10/13/the-walking-dead-season-5-premiere-breaks-ratings-record-as-the-most-watched-cable-show-of-all-time/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdreams

Ha HSM throne has been stolen

Shame, I loved high school musical 2, it's the best one :rip:

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Just started watching walking dead myself, so I have a lot of catching up to do. The first few episodes got me hooked, definitely see why this show is so popular. It's zombie horror at its best, like Dawn of the Dead that keeps going and going... :adam:

🖤 𖤓 ♠︎

SEVDALIZA

Deserved, the season premiere was AMAZING, I was shaking all through the episode :rip: Although that's nothing new, I get very involved in the series and it just plays with my emotions a LOT :deadbanana:

operating from another world

I guess you did not see the first episode of the 5th season.

ew, it's so overrated

Yeah is really good. The character development is very well done. You actually care about the story and the characters in this show. Is not just another dumb horror/zombie show.

Just started watching walking dead myself, so I have a lot of catching up to do. The first few episodes got me hooked, definitely see why this show is so popular. It's zombie horror at its best, like Dawn of the Dead that keeps going and going... :adam:

yASSsss

ew, it's so overrated

. :what: 

:what:

:what: 

i'm hoping u haven't watched TWD yet...

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Archived