Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Gaga Charts Discussion - Til It Happens To You on iTunes now!

Arturo

Predict Gaga's next album first week sales  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Predict Gaga's next album first week sales

• Less than 50,000
    • 50,000 - 100,000
    • 100,000 - 250,000
    • 250,000 - 500,000
    • 500,000 - 750,000
    • 750,000 - 1 million+

This poll is closed to new votes

Featured Posts

Supersonic

Just Dance/PokerFace/LoveGame/Beautiful,Dirty,Rich are lowbudget videos and all of them except JD are amazing imo. And TEOG wasn't just lowbudget, it was last moment as well. Gypsy is not a dance video, Gaga can play her piano and add some theme and she can make it work. Gaga always draws attention on her piano.

I always imagined the Gypsy video to be a collage of her and Taylor acting silly with T in a suit and Gaga in a wedding dress cutting cakes & smearing icing lovingly into each others faces :spin:  That would sure capture some attention from the GP, because they would have video proof that Gaga is human (aka Gypsy is a possible 14.000.000 seller)

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DWUW isn't mediocre. It's one of the best songs on the album, and every time it got promoted it flew up the charts. It just had no video to sustain it. Applause also deserved better. It had no promo outside US/Japan which is a real shame. Such potential lost. Applause had amazing call-out scores on radio too.. 

GUY was a bad choice.

Agreed. So many things went wrong. It's a shame.  :roll:

Americano

Places where DWUW got proper commercial airings and all.. it was a big hit. Ask any fans from Norway and/or Sweden where Beats commercial was played a lot.

Some compare the radio play to Poker Face levels. It was a hit, just lost in the shuffle.

Supersonic

Places where DWUW got proper commercial airings and all.. it was a big hit. Ask any fans from Norway and/or Sweden where Beats commercial was played a lot.

Some compare the radio play to Poker Face levels. It was a hit, just lost in the shuffle.

Yeah I remember seeing the beats commercial everywhere in Germany as well and it peaked 14 without any kind of proper promotion except the commercial. If only radio would have picked it up here :smh:

Arturo

Yeah I remember seeing the beats commercial everywhere in Germany as well and it peaked 14 without any kind of proper promotion except the commercial. If only radio would have picked it up here :smh:

It was aired in the U.S for like 1 week lol

Americano

Just sad to think about. Hope her next era goes more smoothly..

it was such a tease.

remember the dark green updates that week? :giveup: rising a gazillion spots :giveup:

and then poof, it stopped randomly. clearly as turmoil blew up behind the scenes promo was scrapped.

Arturo

Just sad to think about. Hope her next era goes more smoothly..

it was such a tease.

remember the dark green updates that week? :giveup: rising a gazillion spots :giveup:

and then poof, it stopped randomly. clearly as turmoil blew up behind the scenes promo was scrapped.

DWUW just wasn't meant to be a Top 20 hit. All the signs pointed to it. It hovered between #12-#20 for a painful amount of time. Also, 10 weeks in the Top 20 without going Top 10?!? Almost unheard of :cry:

By adding the numbers of the certifications we have, the other numbers we know and some estimations we have Applause is now around 2,65M in the US, 350-380k in the UK, 200k+ in Canada and 4,1M WW.

You're overestimating for the U.K and underestimating for Canada.

It's around 300k in the U.K and should be around 240k in Canada. It's just not certified 3x in Canada yet but it def should be.

Americano

DWUW just wasn't meant to be a Top 20 hit. All the signs pointed to it. It hovered between #12-#20 for a painful amount of time. Also, 10 weeks in the Top 20 without going Top 10?!? Almost unheard of :cry:

It deserved Top 5, even Top 3. Applause also deserved Top 3 with better promotion. Applause should've done so much better with its call out scores. The fact it got like one GMA performance after the VMAs and NOTHING in UK or France... That song was MADE for Europe. :rip: 

Both singles should've easily been 2X platinum and better.

Just all such a shame. Australia should've never plunged chart wise like it did if she was able to visit and properly promote ARTPOP. Everything was so preventable, but god knows what was happening. From what she's said, absolute chaos was ensuing with her management to allow for so many hits to just fall by the wayside.

I understand why she's so devastated looking back, she was so looking forward to shutting people up after the end of the BTW era going up in flame with a bunch of big hits.. and worked so hard on them. Just to be squandered after years of work. It was a horrible year (2013) for her.

Also, even though people can't see it anymore because ARTPOP did so badly, Gypsy and MANiCURE both should have been mega 150M+ AI radio hits. 

No one will admit it now because saying ARTPOP has any hits at all is so taboo after the sales performance, but it's true. 

One thing is for certain, ARTPOP should've been bigger on radio than BTW.

BTW was much more daring to put onto Top 40. The fact it wasn't bigger says a lot about its management. 

Supersonic

I saw it for at least 2 months, every big electronics retailer picked it up for their commercials. I was so hopeful that maybe she'll do another public appearance at some big award shows during the end of the year (like @ the Bambi awards in 2011 for the Marry The Night promo) but it all kind of washed away and faded out

Americano

I saw it for at least 2 months, every big electronics retailer picked it up for their commercials. I was so hopeful that maybe she'll do another public appearance at some big award shows during the end of the year (like @ the Bambi awards in 2011 for the Marry The Night promo) but it all kind of washed away and faded out

She was slated for big German and French promo I remember and it got cancelled, and then she was due in Australia January of this year to do major ARTPOP promo.. Also cancelled.

All of her international promo was cancelled when Troy left. I just hope the damage from the past few years isn't so significant that she faces a major uphill battle with her next pop release..

I don't get why many people are sure Gypsy would perform well. We already experienced that with GUY, which is worse of course, but imho also half-baked.

Desperado

I don't get why many people are sure Gypsy would perform well. We already experienced that with GUY, which is worse of course, but imho also half-baked.

Gypsy is a better single choice than G.U.Y. by far, its at least a bit relatable and i think it was even played on radio. Good promotion and managements does wonders for artist even with mediocre songs they smash 

PD: Even tho i dont like it that much. 

Gypsy is a better single choice than G.U.Y. by far, its at least a bit relatable and i think it was even played on radio. Good promotion and managements does wonders for artist even with mediocre songs they smash 

PD: Even tho i dont like it that much. 

G.U.Y. is a mess, though it started from a good theme.

Gypsy has a good theme AND is catchy, well a minimum. 

• Haroon unpinned and locked this topic

Archived