Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheOriginalOne

The music kind of sounds like a cheap karaoke :flop:

But it's amazing that she covered the song! :legend:

Voltaire

I like it, but since we've all been talking about the live band recording style that Gaga's been using/ lobbying for-- this song illustrates the opposite perfectly.

It sounds like she's singing against a very flat instrumental from garage band -- making it sound like a legend doing a karaoke performance.

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

Jesse Pinkman

Aretha will always be the queen of soul, but she is doing way too much on this song. The yelling and shouting ruins everything. Its like she's trying to prove that she can sing but ruins it with all the extra. That was exhausting to listen to. Also, as other have poinoted out the production is incredibly cheap. Nice attempt tho, Aretha.

It's science, bitch

Wow, Adele's song already a classics now :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

It's really cool that she covered the song, but honestly, this is bad. The autotune is very noticeable.

My name is yours! What's Probglum?

MelbHawker

It's so good hearing her still sing. I personally love this - Aretha's Queen of Soul no-one else can ever. The woman's vocals are solid gold. 

She doesn't need the auto-tune, by the way. It seems producers can't not use autotune these days.

destructivelove

This is MESSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYY. GURL...this is like the middle schooler Picnik version of music editing. This sounds awful. There are literally HUNDREDS of noticeable vocal glitches...Britney gets waves of heat for one damn vocal glitch, and then some of you sit here praising this as "church" :awkney:

Love Aretha, but not this cover. Sadly, it gave me a headache, and I never thought I'd ever say that towards a vocal performance of Aretha Franklin, one of the greatest of all time. Anyway, I'm sure Adele's on top of the world to hear Aretha cover her signature hit. I mean, who wouldn't? 

Archived