💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Biggest Mistake of the ARTPOP era

SIRE

Biggest Mistake  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest mistake of the ARTPOP era?

• Naming the album "ARTPOP"
    • DWUW video mess
    • Picking Applause over Sexxx Dreams as the lead
    • The blackout
    • DWUW sabotages Venus as second single
    • Gypsy is paid dust
    • Putting R. Kelly on a song with sexual undertones
    • G.U.Y. era
    • Pulling the plug after the third single
    • ARTPOP Act II buried away forever

Featured Posts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Venus/Do What U Want switch. If Venus had been the second single, regardless of its chart performance, we would've had a planned-out era with a music video. Do What U Want could've easily been the third single with more time for her to plan an era and music video. Do What U Want being released in place of Venus is also what eventually caused the blackout, which completely murdered any bit of momentum that the album and era had.

DrewStevens

Not releasing the DWUW video.

Applause did ok but not as expected, anyway ARTPOP was still alive.

Venus was scrapped, but the GP didn't care.

The R Kelly hate was there but DWUW had a great development.

The video never came and the blackout killed the era.

Naming the album ARTPOP tbh

If the album would have been called LADY GAGA it'd would have slayed imo bc people wouldn't think she's too pretentious too say everything she does is art I mean she's been doing ARTPOP since The Fame era, why would you call your 4th album that?

Besides people where expecting too much from her bc of the  title and the hype she created around the album and the app and stuff

The really bad mixing and producing that killed the songs. They needed to be as good as the ITunes Festival at least. For me it was a childish mistake, she did low cost electro on an important album.

Sexxx Dreams is the perfect example.

Oh and why not take Ratchet instead of Jewels & Drugs? Seriously...

Pain of fame1

Follow up to my BTW thread since the ARTPOP era is far messier than Born This Way ever was. :hor:

ARTPOP had tons of potential and is a great album, but it obviously didn't fare as well as her previous efforts. Which event had the most hand in this era's underperformance?

Some good things:

- 2.9 million albums sold WW

- 2 platinum singles, three top 20 hits

- Sold out world tour

- Some of the best music videos Gaga has ever released

- Guiness World Record's most Powerful popstar of 2014

Only gaga could flop so gracefully :legend:

FIXED

Lona Delery

the DWUW video mess was the reason why the rest of the era flopped/was so bad.

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

I had a hard time deciding between the blackout and choosing to work with R.Kelly (and I'll add Terry Richardson... and the two together on song about doing what you want with someone's body? Eughh).

Choosing to work with those two was just not very smart. Especially R. Kelly. I honestly wonder what the hell she was thinking. Had she played that differently she would've had a better video and one that she didn't have to shelve. 

And then just completely disappearing on top of it all when you should be in full swing album era activity and promotion is unheard of.

Bambino

Probably switching singles at the last minute. She obviously didn't wanna do this. It's why the DWUW video was cancelled and she got in a blackout.

Archived