Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

57th GRAMMY Awards - Sam Smith, Beyoncé, Pharrell win big!

APPLAUSE4YOU

Featured Posts

DarkAnatomy

OMFG. I never read so many facts in a post here before. Totally agree with everything you said! :applause:

Thanks, chasing you for a hug. :hug:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlaeUrAnus

The truth of the matter is that Lady Gaga is most likely to NOT receive a Grammy next year. She may even be snubbed altogether.  

If she wants to rack up the Grammy's and see that more people  hear/buy her album's, she needs a complete overhaul/re-invention. I think that what upset the General Public was that  they expected Gaga to grow and go in a different direction with ARTPOP. In the end she continued to sing about Fame, Sex, Money, Drugs, and more Sex. Then shoved "Art" iconography into the public's faces. The GP had enough. 

Personally I think she needs to drop everything she's been doing and just go back to her roots. No, not Lady Gaga: The Fame, but rather Stefani Germanotta: Red and Blue. And no, i'm not saying she needs to change her name and retire the persona of Gaga...i'm just saying she needs to be more humble and raw with her music. She can blend the two very well if she tried. 

I'm ready for RockAnthemPOPAcousticga to churn out some more You and I's/Speechless's and slay the favs.

Totally agree.

In my messy era.

VforVendetta

The truth of the matter is that Lady Gaga is most likely to NOT receive a Grammy next year. She may even be snubbed altogether.

If she wants to rack up the Grammy's and see that more people hear/buy her album's, she needs a complete overhaul/re-invention. I think that what upset the General Public was that they expected Gaga to grow and go in a different direction with ARTPOP. In the end she continued to sing about Fame, Sex, Money, Drugs, and more Sex. Then shoved "Art" iconography into the public's faces. The GP had enough.

Personally I think she needs to drop everything she's been doing and just go back to her roots. No, not Lady Gaga: The Fame, but rather Stefani Germanotta: Red and Blue. And no, i'm not saying she needs to change her name and retire the persona of Gaga...i'm just saying she needs to be more humble and raw with her music. She can blend the two very well if she tried.

I'm ready for RockAnthemPOPAcousticga to churn out some more You and I's/Speechless's and slay the favs.

The fact that ARTPOP had some similar themes with TF made the GPhabe enough with Gaga but Katy Perry and a dozen other artists sing about the same thing from the beginning of their career? Let's not, the GP doesn't even know that. And the Stefani ,used was for the small clubs, it was not what makes Lady Gaga unique. You guys sometimes imagine sci-fi scenarios tbh.

I disagree with this post from the beginning.

If she wants to rack up the Grammy's and see that more people  hear/buy her album's, she needs a complete overhaul/re-invention. I think that what upset the General Public was that  they expected Gaga to grow and go in a different direction with ARTPOP. In the end she continued to sing about Fame, Sex, Money, Drugs, and more Sex. Then shoved "Art" iconography into the public's faces. The GP had enough. 

And seems like Gaga is thinking the same way. She did say her musical direction is different now. She did say how you can see that people are here for raw and organic music. And she is giving strong hints about going this RockPopAcoustic route. And I feel like this is the music she has been wanting to do for a long time now (if not from the very beginning) but was doing DancePop for a certain and obvious reasons (which was not bad but is getting old and boring and "too easy" for a talent, vocalist like Gaga (in MY opinion). My problem with her is that you know HOW freakin talented she is musically, but has been stuck with the same style and sound. I'm really hoping for a change).

YeehawKylie

PRISM deserves at least one win

I hope Beyonce takes several!!!

Says the one who claims ARTPOP to be Gaga's best album :lmao:

I completely agree with you on the album not being cohesive but neither is ARTPOP, and you should give the second half a couple of more listens, my thoughts were exact before but after more listens I found that those songs are great, definitely not forgettable!  ;)

I found ARTPOP cohesive. Yes, the songs vary from each other but they very obviously belong to the same entity. PRISM many of the songs were completely different. You have disco elements in Birthday, 90s Swedish Pop in Walking on Air, Legendary Lovers and Dark Horse sound different from the rest of the album....I'm just saying you can tell the songs were produced by different people. There was no common gound to the songs that signify them being part of the same album. I will say the second half was consistent, I just could never listen cause aside from This Is How We Do it was boring to me. Haha. I listened through twice and couldn't do it a third time! :P

DarkAnatomy

The fact that ARTPOP had some similar themes with TF made the GPhabe enough with Gaga but Katy Perry and a dozen other artists sing about the same thing from the beginning of their career? Let's not, the GP doesn't even know that. And the Stefani ,used was for the small clubs, it was not what makes Lady Gaga unique. You guys sometimes imagine sci-fi scenarios tbh.

I disagree with this post from the beginning.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion; but PLEASE note that  in the past, Gaga has been held to different standards than other pop artists, and sometimes Gaga herself have made statements that have dug her own grave. Gaga has always claimed and shown her creativity and desire to to do different things. Katy Perry on the other hand, never claims to be anything, and just puts out bubblegum pop music. Same for Rihanna. They have both let the GP know where they stand and they're happy in that lane.

People expected differently of Gaga. She had the same type of hype and expectancy that Madonna has had. The public, the fans, expect growth and new territories from Artists of quality. The don't expect those things from people that just deliver quick fixes. 

VforVendetta

Of course you are entitled to your opinion; but PLEASE note that  in the past, Gaga has been held to different standards than other pop artists, and sometimes Gaga herself have made statements that have dug her own grave. Gaga has always claimed and shown her creativity and desire to to do different things. Katy Perry on the other hand, never claims to be anything, and just puts out bubblegum pop music. Same for Rihanna. They have both let the GP know where they stand and they're happy in that lane.

People expected differently of Gaga. She had the same type of hype and expectancy that Madonna has had. The public, the fans, expect growth and new territories from Artists of quality. The don't expect those things from people that just deliver quick fixes. 

She always does different thing.

DarkAnatomy

She always does different thing.

Now that's where I will have to to disagree with you. With "ARTPOP", Gaga gave reference to both her "Fame" and " Fame Monster" eras aesthetically AND sonic ally....not entirely, however, but pre-dominently. In the end felt like a watered down version of her past eras in attempt to appeal to the general public. <<< A MOVE THAT I FEEL WAS NOT ALL GAGA AND MOSTLY HER LABEL/MANAGEMENT. 

"ARTPOP" is a recycled formula with a few good gems. Say what you want about it, but it's not that different or fresh...even if it has some good bops. 

ChasingTables

Now that's where I will have to to disagree with you. With "ARTPOP", Gaga gave reference to both her "Fame" and " Fame Monster" eras aesthetically AND sonic ally....not entirely, however, but pre-dominently. In the end felt like a watered down version of her past eras in attempt to appeal to the general public. <<< A MOVE THAT I FEEL WAS NOT ALL GAGA AND MOSTLY HER LABEL/MANAGEMENT.

"ARTPOP" is a recycled formula with a few good gems. Say what you want about it, but it's not that different or fresh...even if it has some good bops.

Slay. :applause: :applause: :applause:

DarkAnatomy

Slay. :applause: :applause: :applause:

:hugs: 

Just keepin' it real. :whitney: I'm not about to filter myself on public forum.  :reductive:

ChasingTables

:hugs: 

Just keepin' it real. :whitney: I'm not about to filter myself on public forum.  :reductive:

Haha. I like it that way. You better educate them! :whitney:

DarkAnatomy

Haha. I like it that way. You better educate them! :whitney:

I think it's not only acceptable but necessary to give constructive criticism. If you enjoyed every aspect of everything she did you might need help. 

ChasingTables

I think it's not only acceptable but necessary to give constructive criticism. If you enjoyed every aspect of everything she did you might need help.

Couldn't agree more. I do the same thing with my fave. I'm not alienated to the point of eat all her ****! :reductive:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived