Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is The Monster Ball overrated because of Gaga's success?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

We all love TMB and it was truly an amazing show, the atmosphere was very intense. There are comments though from fans that claim that the show was flawless and the costumes were flawless and Gaga was flawless etc and it makes me laugh cause this is not true. TMB had many flaws (like most other things anyway). I mean sure there were many amazing costumes but there were many ridiculous costumes as well, let's be honest. The setlist had it's flaws as well and the choreo was no better than what we have today. The stage was nothing special as well. So do you guys think that the whole idea that TMB was flawless comes from that time of Gaga's career? Gaga was everywere, the singles were smash hits and the future was brighter than ever. It's the same reason that TBTWB was hands down the most hated Gaga tour. Everyone that was here during that time knows that the tour received a lot of hate and many times for ridiculous reasons (hate that came from he fact that the Era didn't live up to TFM's success). It definitely had it's flaws as well but the show was amazing. Thank god the fanbase seems to really like the artRave even if TMB still remains the next coming of Jesus. It was a truly unforgettable tour but it s undoubtly overrated.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdreams

I agree

I think the BTWB is probably the best but that has something to do with BTW being my fave gaga album and my love for stages and set design :hor:

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Chromatislaps

I think the ArtRave might be her best sofar, because of the flow of the concert, the rave feel, and her vocals are better than any older tour.

TMB is iconic because she was at her (first) peak, and the interlude videos were flawless

I mean sure there were many amazing costumes but there were many ridiculous costumes as well, let's be honest. The setlist had it's flaws as well and the choreo was no better than what we have today.

What more would you want from the setlist? :Chica: She played every song from TFM and 8/16 Fame songs.

And lol at the choreo comment. Her dancing during TMB sh*ts on artRAVE, she was toned and athletic as hell back then and she worked it on a whole other level

South Blonde

I don't think so. I truly believe it is her best show because of the unique atmosphere, the crazy outfists (her best on tours) and the amazing setlist (The Fame Monsters songs are great live).

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

VforVendetta

I love all the tour eventhough my favorite is TBTWB but I hat eit when people overestimate things from TF-TFM era. All Gaga Eras ha their positives and negatives, there is no flalwess thing made by a human.

What more would you want from the setlist? :Chica: She played every song from TFM and 8/16 Fame songs.

And lol at the choreo comment. Her dancing during TMB sh*ts on artRAVE, she was toned and athletic as hell back then and she worked it on a whole other level

She didn't have that many songs to pick back then though and I personally just find some flaws in the setlist. Her dancing was indeed better than the ArtRave.

monster ball overrated?

monster ball unperfect?

BTWBall better than the iconic Monster ball?

where is my ****ing shovel?

3GDkHj.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

uhm, no it's not overrated it's just rated the right way. If YOU think that it has a few flaws it doesn't mean we all think that way. I honestly could care less about success at the end of the day, the show is probably the most amaizng show Gaga has and will ever put on. I don't hate the BTWB but honestly it did NOT live up to TMBT especially n terms of outfits (BTWB only had one flawless outfit, the Government Hooker one) The stage is amazing just like TMBT but overall the whole feeling around the Monster Ball was 10x better. The whole atmosphere was AMAZING. The storyline was cute and the outfits were perfect. It also had way better props than the BTWB imo (angler fish>>>>giant ***).

FameHookah

She had more energy on TFB

Her vocals got weird on TF songs after TMB 2.0 also she was so skinny and tired all the time, she gasped for air every sentence, she was very nasal maybe because of these weird headsets

TBTWB was a mess , ugly outfits make up, songs and weird bumpy wigs , no screens, bad dancing and singing, MESS i was there, i regret it so bad

On AR she looks stiff and out of shape...

As a show technically TMB is miles better

As a fun party concert full of energy i prefer TFB

TMB>TFB>AR>BTWB

WTF is MDNA

VforVendetta

monster ball overrated?

monster ball unperfect?

BTWBall better than the iconic Monster ball?

where is my ****ing shovel?

3GDkHj.gif

I didn't say anywhere that BTWB was better though. :huh:

uhm, no it's not overrated it's just rated the right way. If YOU think that it has a few flaws it doesn't mean we all think that way. I honestly could care less about success at the end of the day, the show is probably the most amaizng show Gaga has and will ever put on. I don't hate the BTWB but honestly it did NOT live up to TMBT especially n terms of outfits (BTWB only had one flawless outfit, the Government Hooker one) The stage is amazing just like TMBT but overall the whole feeling around the Monster Ball was 10x better. The whole atmosphere was AMAZING. The storyline was cute and the outfits were perfect. It also had way better props than the BTWB imo (angler fish>>>>giant ***).

Yes. 100% accurate and objective. Inb4 time travel has been discovered.

completely agree tbh, the tour was amazing but the BTWB was much more spectacular. people make it out like it was the best tour ever. if anything that tour looks more like a general pop show than the artRAVE does. 

for a lot of people it has something to do with the success she had back then.

quite shocked that a lot of people in this thread are mentioning her body and weight as a bulletpoint for why the monster ball was better.  :wtf:

Haroon

I don't think it'd be overrated due to her success at the time :confused: If it is overrated, then I think it'd be due to the nostalgia of first seeing Gaga and being blown away by her :yes: I personally LOVED The Monster Ball, but I wouldn't say it's the best concert ever and God's gift to mankind :shrug:

Yes. 100% accurate and objective. Inb4 time travel has been discovered.

uhm sis did you read the IMO a few lines after? you do realize that people have tastes. Honestly I simply don;t think gaga will ever amaze me as much as she used to, simple as that 

Archived