💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MUCH: "Bad Romance is the 2nd best video of ALL-TIME"

XoXoJoanneGaga

Featured Posts

For years I've been trying to comprehend what makes the Bad Romance video so good it's often placed at the top of the pedestal. Anybody want to share their insights?

Generally, we can say that for the first decade of the 21 century, RnB, rap and other urban music was really popular. Most of these artists were releasing poor music videos. Most of the time, it was a cheap and easy concept often shot inside a studio. I would say 50% of these videos were all the same, involving rappers, money and half naked "*****". Artists were often dress casually and there was no involvement in a storyline or in pushing the boundaries of the music videos, instead, it felt as an obligation to released one and it was way too rushed most of the time. The video was there so the music could be played on the TV. Just a necessity.

I totally remember how everyone was starstrucked by Bad Romance and this is easy to understand. First of all, it was fast and intense. Few videos had that much costumes and scenes at this time. There was so much to look at. It was well directed and also INTERTAINING. The video was as important, if not more important than the music itself. There was a storyline and it was professionnaly directed, like a movie.

In order to understand the impact of this video, you have to look at what happenned before and how Bad Romance was totally different from that. I strongly believe that Bad Romance has a well deserved place in the history of music and art as a trend setter and as and important rule changing event in the music industry.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rollercoaster

The best part of the video is that - unlike all her videos since BTW - it doesn't feel home-made, and the camera man doesn't have parkinsons.

#2 is a heavy spot 

surprised but not complaining 

like I think You & I is a better video but anyway :rip:

agreed and judas video is better too 

VforVendetta

The best part of the video is that - unlike all her videos since BTW - it doesn't feel home-made, and the camera man doesn't have parkinsons.

Except from TEOG and MTN I don't recall any other video with these issues though, the last 2 eras have some of her best videos. 

The stars aligned for Bad Romance in a way that I'm not sure will ever be repeated.

iOYE71Ti4Xw7a.gif

im in tears :cry: 

Also, if you guys are wondering Telephone was at #22

whers the full list? 

Rollercoaster

Except from TEOG and MTN I don't recall any other video with these issues though, the last 2 eras have some of her best videos. 

You & I has that dodgy ass camera work in the barn where it's like "up-up-up-erm, I mean, down..." some terrible camera work in that and the GUY video has some questionable camera work (as far as I remember it's in the first parts - ARTPOP & Venus) that's just... a bit unprofessional.

I think it might be the HD that's making me overly-critical. Maybe it's always been like that but I'm only just seeing it...

judas is better video for me but bad romance is just. :gaga: it wont stop slaying im telling you after  5 years it's still slaying 

XoXoJoanneGaga

You & I has that dodgy ass camera work in the barn where it's like "up-up-up-erm, I mean, down..." some terrible camera work in that and the GUY video has some questionable camera work (as far as I remember it's in the first parts - ARTPOP & Venus) that's just... a bit unprofessional.

I think it might be the HD that's making me overly-critical. Maybe it's always been like that but I'm only just seeing it...

Well she directed these videos herself, so you're not imaging it. 

VforVendetta

I don't think that GUY has any unproffesional parts except from the pool one during Venu sbut I always believed that it was not as good as people mde it seem. I think that the U&I one if one of her best honestly, it's very underrated. Anyway videos like BTW, Judas and Applause were top of the class imo.

ARTPOPisaChoice

The fact that Bad Romance is still considered one of the best videos of all time five years later makes me hopeful that she won't be forgotten, that she'll one day be an icon for future generations.

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

Blank Space

What can I say, top 2 is only for icons, sorry but no place for basics. :) Bad Romance and Thriller, well deserved. :)

Archived