💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Does this fanbase care more about the promo than the product?

Quark

Featured Posts

Jesse Pinkman

I don't understand what the problem is with fans wanting performances and to see their favorite artist do well. I think people over a--lyze stuff sometimes..

It's science, bitch

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but there's nothing wrong with that I mean we all want to see how the performances will look like, the vocals, the music videos, the promo posters, etc.

Benji

I care more about the music and that's why I was let down this era, there was nothing to distract me from how much I didn't like it :emma: I was craving for great remixes as most the songs on ARTPOP fall completely flat for me but because Gaga didn't promote it and get the hits, we didn't get a remix album or a USB or anything that could have given us more music so meh.

I think both go hand in hand, if the music met my expectations for a Gaga album then I wouldn't be complaining at all, she can flop as hard as she wants as long as she delivers music worth flopping for... But she didn't in my opinion.

another thing is that when Gagas sales started diminishing people everywhere start talking **** about Gaga and calling her a flop or w/e and it detracted from the enjoyment of the era for me

Elizabeth

I think a lot of the way fans talk about promo comes from a good place deep down but gets lost in translation. A lot of people think a certain type of promo ensures success and I think there was some frustration this era due to there not being so much of that type of promo we'd seen in other eras, and compared to the type of promo her contemporaries were doing at the same time. 

I guess there's a lot more to it than that though. 

Disregard

Honestly? My biggest disappointment isn't so much that I wanted more performances or videos as promo, but it was that I wanted more interviews as promo. My favorite aspect of Lady Gaga after the music is hearing her talk. BTW gave me tons of interviews. A lot of what she says is over-the-top and kind of delusional, but I WANT to hear her bull**** me about how everything she does is so deep and monumental. It was believable at one point. With ARTPOP I didn't buy into what she was saying as much as I used to.

Also, somehow so much of her ARTPOP narrative actually ended up being more about victimization than BTW ever was. It's a turn-off. The artistic outcome of that BTW victim complex was a rejection of that victim label and a strong determination to rise above. The outcome of the ARTPOP victim complex was lots of blame and a half-hearted promise to overcome that never happened.

XoXoJoanneGaga

Gaga's always been a full-package artist. From day one it's been about the music, visuals, performances, and interviews coming together to deliver a fully realized era. ARTPOP was supposed to be her most ambitious and complete era, she said so herself. So it's ridiculous to blame fans for being disappointed in the era when Gaga herself was disappointed and nothing worked out  :rip:

But the music is the most important part at the end of the day. It's just the album on it's own is disappointing as well, but a complete era along with a re-release EP would have really elevated it.

bionic

I don't think there's a problem in wanting nice things for our fave/for ourselves.

buy bionic

The promo is a part pf the product. Videos, performances, interviews. It all comes together in the end. Pop music is not just about the music, we all know that. It's about the full package.

Gaga is not the one who decides how and how much her album is promoted. She decides how it will be executed, but landing those promotional spots is not her job. And she's not immune to big corporate entities telling her the album is dead and that they will no longer fund her promotional tour or release more singles to radio.

The "more promo" complaint is petty. It's presumptuous and it's shallow. It's the easiest blame to give when there are more complex, hidden reasons why the ARTPOP era ultimately crashed and burned after its 3rd single. Namely, her label probably pulled the plug. It's probably not too far-fetched to speculate that they tried to pull the plug after DWUW, but Gaga fought for G.U.Y. and its eventual flop was the last nail to the coffin as far as the execs were concerned. It just wasn't profitable to send Gaga to Australia or France or Taiwan to promote her album like she did with BTW. It's frustrating to me that people don't get that. And it's frustrating to me that they act like she didn't at least go to Canada, the U.K., Germany, and Japan. I guarantee her label would have extended her album promotional tour if ARTPOP and the first two singles had been received better by the media, critics, and fans.

So you can continue saying that "a pop album needs to be the full-package" until you move onto complaining about the next era, but Gaga does not provide that "full-package" by herself. It's a team effort between her, her management, and her label. An album only goes as far as a label says it can. Hence why we have albums like Lotus and Britney Jean which only had two singles and like zero promotion. ARTPOP was promotional heaven compared to those two albums.

Bellatrix

Gaga is not the one who decides how and how much her album is promoted. She's not immune to big corporate entities telling her the album is dead and that they will no longer fund her promotional tour or release more singles to radio. 

The "more promo" complaint is petty. It presumptuous and it's shallow. It's the easiest blame to give when they're are more complex, hidden reasons why the ARTPOP era ultimately crashed and burned after its 3rd single. Namely, her label probably pulled the plug. It's probably not too far-fetched to speculate that they tried to pull the plug after DWUW, but Gaga fought for G.U.Y. and its eventual flop was the last nail to the coffin as the execs were concerned. It just wasn't profitable to send Gaga to Australia or France or Taiwan to promote her album like she did with BTW. It's frustrating to me that people don't get that. And it's frustrating to me that they act like she didn't at least go to Canada, the U.K., and Japan. I guarantee her label would have extended her album promotional tour if ARTPOP and the two first singles had been received better by the media and by fans.

:applause:

Cody Draco

Gaga is not the one who decides how and how much her album is promoted. She decides how it will be executed, but landing those promotional spots is not her job. And she's not immune to big corporate entities telling her the album is dead and that they will no longer fund her promotional tour or release more singles to radio. 

The "more promo" complaint is petty. It presumptuous and it's shallow. It's the easiest blame to give when there are more complex, hidden reasons why the ARTPOP era ultimately crashed and burned after its 3rd single. Namely, her label probably pulled the plug. It's probably not too far-fetched to speculate that they tried to pull the plug after DWUW, but Gaga fought for G.U.Y. and its eventual flop was the last nail to the coffin as the execs were concerned. It just wasn't profitable to send Gaga to Australia or France or Taiwan to promote her album like she did with BTW. It's frustrating to me that people don't get that. And it's frustrating to me that they act like she didn't at least go to Canada, the U.K., Germany, and Japan. I guarantee her label would have extended her album promotional tour if ARTPOP and the first two singles had been received better by the media, critics, and fans.

So you can continue saying that "a pop album needs to be the full-package" until you move onto complaining about the next era, but Gaga does not provide that "full-package" by herself. It's a team effort between her, her management, and her label. An album only goes as far as a label says it can.  Hence why we have albums like Lotus and Britney Jean which only had two singles and like zero promotion. ARTPOP was promotional heaven compared to those two albums. 

:applause:

Archived