Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP concept will forever be attributed to Gaga

Quark

Featured Posts

IF :

-This era was well done

-This era was a success

-Gaga did what she claims to do

Maybe then, yes. But as far as it goes ARTPOP's music is nothing but bland pop music.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except no one has pushed the movement as hard as Gaga. Even if they remember ARTPOP as a failure, by doing so, they will immediately have to remember Gaga's ambitious intentions.

what are you referring to when you talk about the movement?

i'm talking about the genre, no "movement". artists like kate bush and björk have been described this way for decades. and other artists' music will continue to be labelled as being "art pop", weakening the impact of the term "art pop" as being attributable to any one person.

But she did because Gaga herself is mainstream. Even if all the articles called it artflop, they at least new what Gaga's intentions were.

it wont be taken seriously sorry :koons: 

Haroon

But at the end of the day, whether or not you think Gaga succeeded with this concept won't matter. Because the idea, the intention, and the movement, will once again, always be attributed to Gaga.

You're presenting your opinion as fact :duck:

Redstreak

What concept has she been pushing to make mainstream? If you're talking about putting art in front of pop, she never actually did anything to contribute to that. Just saying you want to and having it as a title does not make you a pioneer.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

I totally understand what you are saying. TFM for many was musically superior, and was way more successful. But you have have to understand that TFM along with all her albums are also ARTPOP. Gaga just decided to boldy name her concepts, music, and message with her fourth album. Also why do you mean she did not do anything different? Gaga at the very least always stands out from the rest with each one of her albums (even when she borrows from the mainstream world).

Well, does someone need to say that they will do it to make it last forever? Other artists have just.. "done" it without stating that that was the intention. That's why I think Gaga saying she'll do it but actually not doing anything different will actually make ARTPOP the last era people will think of. I think her TFM era has a lot more chance, honestly :rip:

So, dope, swine, dwuw, ARTPOP, gypsy, applause, ect. have no meaning to you? Bland pop music is the kind of music that has no true meaning or emotion behind it. Bland music is the kind the music that is only made to be sell well.

IF :

-This era was well done

-This era was a success

-Gaga did what she claims to do

Maybe then, yes. But as far as it goes ARTPOP's music is nothing but bland pop music.

So, dope, swine, dwuw, ARTPOP, gypsy, applause, ect. have no meaning to you? Bland pop music is the kind of music that has no true meaning or emotion behind it. Bland music is the kind the music that is only made to be sell well.

*Bland can also mean by the way it sounds, its too refined. But how does that contribute to your point anyway?

But she did. A lot of the music in ARTPOP is very creative (Aura, MJH, Venus, ARTPOP, ect.), All her performances have had meanings behind them (VMA's Applause-the evolution of her career, DWUW-the purity of her being, Swine-representation of being disgusted, ect.). Many of her outfits are very creative either because they are original art pieces or because she references other artworks. And I can go on about music videos, lyrics, inventions, ideas, ect.

What concept has she been pushing to make mainstream? If you're talking about putting art in front of pop, she never actually did anything to contribute to that. Just saying you want to and having it as a title does not make you a pioneer.

No, the Bland term can be attributed to the overall song. My point is that you are using the excuse that the music is bland to prove that ARTPOP failed, but I am just saying that overall the album is not bland. But Is alright if you disagree.

Bland can also mean by the way it sounds, its too refined. But how does that contribute to your point anyway?

Didymus

I totally understand what you are saying. TFM for many was musically superior, and was way more successful. But you have have to understand that TFM along with all her albums are also ARTPOP. Gaga just decided to boldy name her concepts, music, and message with her fourth album. Also why do you mean she did not do anything different? Gaga at the very least always stands out from the rest with each one of her albums (even when she borrows from the mainstream world).

I didn't mean that she didn't do anything different compared to everyone else ;) Just talking about all her era's put together. I think you have a point when you say that people will think of Lady Gaga when they think of an artist who tried to incorporate artistic dimensions in a mainstream "jacket" as it were (the only artist I can think of that tried to do that intensely is Madonna, but I think people remember her rather superficially because it's a while ago and she's not known for that anymore now), I'm just not sure if you're meaning to put special emphasis on this era in particular or you're more like me, thinking people will think about Gaga's career in general instead of her era/album ARTPOP or even that name specifically.

But I think we agree in essence :hug:

Yeah, deep down we agree :hug: .

I didn't mean that she didn't do anything different compared to everyone else ;) Just talking about all her era's put together. I think you have a point when you say that people will think of Lady Gaga when they think of an artist who tried to incorporate artistic dimensions in a mainstream "jacket" as it were (the only artist I can think of that tried to do that intensely is Madonna, but I think people remember her rather superficially because it's a while ago and she's not known for that anymore now), I'm just not sure if you're meaning to put special emphasis on this era in particular or you're more like me, thinking people will think about Gaga's career in general instead of her era/album ARTPOP or even that name specifically.

But I think we agree in essence :hug:

Benji

What movement are you referring to? Doesn't a movement insinuate something actually changing? The only thing that changed was singles and countdowns this era. How #ARTPOP

britney-spears-shielded-from-bad-album-r

Seriously though, Gaga wasn't the first to coin the phrase and like those before her, it will be probably be forgotten. I do agree however, that phrase will be associated with her for now but not for the movement or intention but for it being known as her "flop" era.

Spock

Because the idea, the intention, and the movement, will once again, always be attributed to Gaga.

Finally, Gaga has always been ARTPOP, and she will forever be ARTPOP. And her message that ART should be leading POP will live forvever.

Because the intentions and message will forever be traced back to Gaga.

The only thing that will be traced back and attributed to Gaga, and I was this with love, is how horribly she flopped with ARTPOP and its concept. It will be remembered, for sure, but in a negative way; the industry will see it as something they would not like to repeat at all costs and fans will see it as a disappointment (app, DWUW)

But she did start the true mainstream movement.

Again, I don't think she did. No one else is doing it, so there is no movement, and she floped in the eyes of the mainstream public, so no artist would want to take part in the movement (that doesn't exist)

Basically this. OK, she started with I&V, Robert Wilson, Jeff Koons and Marina Abramovic but she was over them a month later. So no movement.

who will love me when the night is over

PopBitch

o<(0_0)>o

I think that from now on, anyone that makes something that seems "ARTPOP", will be traced back to Gaga. From now on the ARTPOP concept will forever be attributed to Gaga. Now, don't get me wrong, Gaga definitely did not invent the musical genre that is ARTPOP. There is music and concepts from artists before Gaga, that can be classified as ARTPOP. However, Gaga is clearly the first one to try to make it a movement. She is the one that tried to make these reverse-warholian concept mainstream. To continue, there are many people, including her own fans, that think that Gaga failed with this concept of ARTPOP either because the music wasn't "ARTPOP" enough, or because the album wasn't as successful as many hoped for. But at the end of the day, whether or not you think Gaga succeeded with this concept won't matter. Because the idea, the intention, and the movement, will once again, always be attributed to Gaga.

Finally, Gaga has always been ARTPOP, and she will forever be ARTPOP. And her message that ART should be leading POP will live forvever.

@rxckstarhigh that is not true my darling! ARTPOP is message for the ages!

Sorry.  I broke out laughing at this absurdity.  No impact at all.  And the use of the word genre  confounds me.

Archived