💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why Is There So Much Hate For Cheek to Cheek?

pachinko

Featured Posts

spicemuncher

Because immature little children have LIED for years and years about being fans of her voice and are actually just fans of pop music in general. They are the ones here mainly for choreo and fashion rather than actual music. They are uneducated non-entities that cannot appreciate that sometimes things won't go how they want it to, but they should broaden their minds to accept it or experience it - and they might like it. But instead they slate it to the ground.

It's Jazzphobia. Gaga does Jazz now... but she's always done Jazz. "You're no Gaga of mine! Get out of this life!"

Couldn't have said it better.

I am very happy with the project personally and I think Gaga sounds FANTASTIC on the two tracks we have so far and I am incredibly proud of her.

I played ICGYABL at work the other day and not a single person guessed that it was Gaga singing. When I finally told them, most were shocked and I walked away with the look of "I told you... She IS talented." Cut to 4 people preordering the album on iTunes.

I'm not judging those who are not happy with it, but how about they consider Gaga on her usual hiatus period and just let the rest enjoy than rain on our parade?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stefani328

THANK YOU

Also this

we don't hate it, we just don't care :)

I agree. I just don't like the people that feel like they have to put down a genre because they don't like it or that they resent C2C because it isn't another pop album. There are people on here that go to every C2C thread and do this.

Because we already have 3 songs and none of them are good

Also, it's not like we can say, well even though the music sucks at least she is winning back the GP and slaying the charts, gaining more supporters for her next pop album...no, she is just pushing away those who actually care about her

They are the jazz standards that have withstood the test of time.  They are what jazz musicians perform.  They are still used in movies and TV because they are beautiful and well liked.  Check out the track list and awards of this album Tony Bennett made for MTV:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Unplugged_%28Tony_Bennett_album%29

I live outside the space time continuum.

LadyCaligula

Theres no hate, this will open her up to a new fanbase most likely to please the label and get more sales to make up for the loss with ARTPOP. Besides all of the business aspects, she wants to do it...its something shes wanted to do and she deserves to take a break and do what she wants. I just find it to be boring...all Jazz sounds the same to me but I do plna on watching her on HSN lol. I think thaat will be fun to see her live on tv again and see how the HSN customer reacts...random GP people calling in to hsn. Im assuming she will actually be on herself... Anyway, nobody hates it, some people just dont care and thats ok.

LadyCaligula

I'm not a fan of jazz....even with Gaga's beautiful voice it still doesn't do anything for me. The songs sound boring and Tony just talks on the songs. :shrug:

They all sound the same. His voice sounds strained and he just seems out of it...he is always looking at the lyrics on the book in the videos (a pet peeve). I just dont like it. Im glad she doing what she loves though.

I hate it when people aren't real with themselves & their real opinions.

for ME, I hate this "jazz era" if you can even call it that.

Gaga isn't a jazz singer, I don't like the changes she is doing in her life because of it, instand of continuing to slay the world, she is going for a much, much older audience, with tony bennett. yes, he has lots of GRAMMYs, and he is a legend, but he is 88 years old, and gaga is 28.

I like gaga as a pop singer, not as ANYTHING else. she doesn't like people's opinion like my opinion, about she needs to be just a pop singer, so she wants to prove differently.

but, gaga, don't go and have an ENTIRE ALBUM and an ENTIRE ERA for it.

please, stop!

Fuzzyfishi

I'm not on here all the time, but I would say most of the feedback I've seen has been positive! I don't see the problem with people not enjoying C2C if they know it's not their thing (as long as they're nice about it). I love jazz anyway so it's a welcome change for me. I love her mostly as a pop artist so part of me does feel a bit disappointed as her pop music is a cut above the rest for me! However, I also love her voice and her other fantastic talents. I find her absolutely fascinating and will no doubt be following her for a long time to come and wish her the best in all of her endeavours.

Gosh I'm liking C2C so far but this thread is full of people saying that just because you don't like jazz you only listen to pop and care for success

Like bye :awkney:

If you care for Gaga's success, C2C will almost certainly outsell a dance album labelled "ARTPOP Part 2" and it will put her in a better positions commercially for her future work.

I hate it when people aren't real with themselves & their real opinions.

for ME, I hate this "jazz era" if you can even call it that.

Gaga isn't a jazz singer, I don't like the changes she is doing in her life because of it, instand of continuing to slay the world, she is going for a much, much older audience, with tony bennett. yes, he has lots of GRAMMYs, and he is a legend, but he is 88 years old, and gaga is 28.

I like gaga as a pop singer, not as ANYTHING else. she doesn't like people's opinion like my opinion, about she needs to be just a pop singer, so she wants to prove differently.

but, gaga, don't go and have an ENTIRE ALBUM and an ENTIRE ERA for it.

please, stop!

Gaga is a jazz singer, and she could make a career from jazz if she wished.

I like Gaga as an artist, whether it be jazz, pop, or whatever else she chooses.  She is extremely talented, and people shouldn't try to tie her down.  She deserves the freedom to explore all her potentials as an artist.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Mythos

I don't think the most are hating, they just bored/disappointed, and why should i loose my panties over a jazz album full with covers? And we even get another Jazz Album next year  :toofunny:

I mean, of course she could do what she wants, its her life and her choices but i don't need to support everything she does, but i also don't comment on it all the time, i just ignore the C2C topic.

Dunk96

Because people are judgmental and have to b---h about EVERYTHING in life. People just can't be grateful about new Gaga music,no matter what genre it is,so they have to whine,complain,and hate.

r9BloKg.gif

Archived