Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why Mary Jane Holland was removed from the setlist

Sad Kid

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

She got rid of two good songs and kept Basictella...

I'm not upset anymore though, I won't give her that power over me. :sweep:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zsolti

inb4 "old management"

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

soundwave

Well, actually, it was confirmed that the people who did "Cant Beat The Machines" stole the song from Madeon. It was an original song for Gaga, she worked on it with Madeon. The more likely reason is because many people smoke during that song and Gaga was forced to remove it from the set list in order to appease the promoters of the show and the managers of the venues.

Creyk

She got tired of singing it that's all

Same reason why she shortens some songs or doesn't do them anymore

monsterdreams

I understand why it was removed, but am I the only one that quite liked the chair dance :shrug:

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

MJH has got the axe? Gosh, if I had tickets, I'd be so mad... that's like one of my favourite songs she's ever done.

Well, actually, it was confirmed that the people who did "Cant Beat The Machines" stole the song from Madeon. It was an original song for Gaga, she worked on it with Madeon. The more likely reason is because many people smoke during that song and Gaga was forced to remove it from the set list in order to appease the promoters of the show and the managers of the venues.

lol actually, that makes sense. I think I got high at MSG without even smoking it myself. :dies: Although tbh I'd rather smell marijuana smoke than cigarette smoke. Ick. lol

MJH has got the axe? Gosh, if I had tickets, I'd be so mad... that's like one of my favourite songs she's ever done.

lmao don't come round here much do ya? :p It got axed quite a while ago now. ;)

Elizabeth

Eh, I think maybe she just didn't want to continue performing it for some unknown reason. I don't think it was because people might think she copied something, or because it doesn't have a 'good message' or whatever. 

RabbitHeart

Well, they play the censored version of JnD where "d--gs" is removed and most arenas are super strict about keeping it a smoking/d--g free zone. I figured it was censorship. Like, they can't stop her from swearing but they wanted to stop her from seeming pro-d--gs in anyway. And seeing as how the MJH part had marijuana confetti  :sweat:

Well, they play the censored version of JnD where "d--gs" is removed and most arenas are super strict about keeping it a smoking/d--g free zone. I figured it was censorship. Like, they can't stop her from swearing but they wanted to stop her from seeming pro-d--gs in anyway. And seeing as how the MJH part had marijuana confetti  :sweat:

No they don't. Most places play the proper version of JnD. In Vegas they did blank out the "d--gs" word, but I've been to 9 shows (in the US and Australia) and that's the only show they blanked it out at so far.

I wish she'd add it back in for Europe :( I love that song, and I really wanna see it live.

lmao don't come round here much do ya? :P It got axed quite a while ago now. ;)

Not as much as I used to recently, I accidently dissed Taylor Swift for her 'Shake It Off' song saying no one could ever top Florence and the Machine's song of the same name... to then realise it was actually 'Shake It Out'. The shame drove me away!

Archived