Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

o<(0_0)>o Gaga/Katy Coincidences?

Quark

Featured Posts

Have you seen his recent threads? Probably not since they've been deleted.

This thread is clearly about getting people to slam Katy.

And his last thread was getting people to slam Taylor.

Without intending to be too rude, most of his threads exist because he sees a thread, has an opinion and rather than posting it in that thread, decides that it's somehow worthy of its own thread. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji

Without intending to be too rude, most of his threads exist because he sees a thread, has an opinion and rather than posting it in that thread, decides that it's somehow worthy of its own thread.

Oop :tea:

elijahfan

And suddenly she starts tweeting about liking museums, posting art works and doing an art inspired look in her MV. If anyone can provide me with one art reference Katy made before the ARTPOP era started I will take back my words, but I feel like Lady Gaga has been a major inspiration for Katy throughout her career.

I feel like Gaga has actually been an inspiration for everyone this year with her "flop" album: 9 months ago, Gaga sang about taking off to a certain planet Venus - and now, eveyone's going to space in their music videos....

Gaga is inspired by Bowie and Madonna because she likes their work. They aren't competing contemporaries.

It's like if Cyndi Lauper wore a wedding dress a few weeks after the Like A Virgin VMA performance. It's different when they're peers. Gaga's inspiration is from 30 years ago.

Yeah, my comment was as pointless as this thread.

Ok then, what if Katy is inspired by Gaga because she likes her work? it's not like Gaga invented what she wears, she didn't invent that septum ring, there are designers behind all those crazy outfits she wears, there are make up artists too, the only original things by Gaga are her personality/lyrics/music. there is not an original artist, atleast not 100% original. Every single artist is inspired by another artist.

Btw, music is not a competition, only stans see music as a competition. :)

freebit

I think it's kind of interesting. They seem to be into the same things and actually appear to have a lot more in common than one would think.

rivingtonrebels

It certainly seems like Gaga is always just ahead of everyone else - sometimes to her detriment (ahem, ARTPOP).  Seriously, the whole Katy thing is pretty easy to understand.  She is highly stylized and manufactured by her team...and they're pretty damn good at it.  They want her to appeal to a wider net so she basically rips off other artists.  Nothing she does is really unique or amazing...

Schwerk

It's isn't copying. Especially the damn ice bucket challenge.

Copying results in the same exact product. They may do the same things but they use them differently. Until someone does something exactly the same as someone else, I don't care. And even if they did, why should I care. It literally does not affect me in any way.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

ARTPOPHooker96

You forgot to say that Katy breathes! Gaga invented that too didn't you know!?

:deadbanana:

nativenewyorker

Yeah, my comment was as pointless as this thread.

Ok then, what if Katy is inspired by Gaga because she likes her work? it's not like Gaga invented what she wears, she didn't invent that septum ring, there are designers behind all those crazy outfits she wears, there are make up artists too, the only original things by Gaga are her personality/lyrics/music. there is not an original artist, atleast not 100% original. Every single artist is inspired by another artist.

Btw, music is not a competition, only stans see music as a competition. :)

It's different because they're contemporaries, like I said. Artists shouldn't be trying to emulate each other because then pop culture becomes generic. Like all the weird outfits pop stars starting wearing in 2009/2010. It was Gaga's thing and by following her lead, we lose diversity.

I mean this is all my opinion and I'm not trying to present it as fact.

NewYorkCity

Most of the moves katy does to evolve Gaga has done them a short time before.

That's it. Say what you want.

Let's not... This is pop culture, this is how everything works...

Just in case...

20120115-news-madonna-lady-gaga-inspiria

The reaching in most of the comparisons :lmao:

The one thing I'm not sure about is the whole tour comparison situation. Wig changes (as people have mentioned, particularly the usage of green hair), mechanical horses, paint/vomit imagery- all things Gaga herself didn't necessarily innovate or create, but just seem oddly close in terms of time and general context.

3 points in and ready for more

I think that Katy is a huge Gaga fan, and I think that, when you're a huge fan of somebody, you're going to be influenced by them just like Gaga was clearly influenced by Madonna and Bowie. It just sucks that Katy is a huge fan of a currentartist.

It also sucks that Gaga appears not to like her.

The one thing I'm not sure about is the whole tour comparison situation. Wig changes (as people have mentioned, particularly the usage of green hair), mechanical horses, paint/vomit imagery- all things Gaga herself didn't necessarily innovate or create, but just seem oddly close in terms of time and general context.

I think the only thing that holds water is the puke thing.

A lot of singers change wigs in concert (Cher invented it tbh).

The horse fits Dark Horse. I mean...it's just the obvious choice for imagery.

Green hair was Nicki's in 2011, Gaga's in 2012, and Katy's in 2014. It's just a color. :shrug:

I think that Katy is a huge Gaga fan, and I think that, when you're a huge fan of somebody, you're going to be influenced by them just like Gaga was clearly influenced by Madonna and Bowie. It just sucks that Katy is a huge fan of a currentartist.

It also sucks that Gaga appears not to like her.

I think the only thing that holds water is the puke thing.

A lot of singers change wigs in concert (Cher invented it tbh).

The horse fits Dark Horse. I mean...it's just the obvious choice for imagery.

Green hair was Nicki's in 2011, Gaga's in 2012, and Katy's in 2014. It's just a color. :shrug:

I guess, yeah. As you mentioned, if Katy really is emulating styles because she's a fan of Gaga's imagery, then I think it's just unfortunate of a) timing, and b) people's attitudes, as it'll only attribute it to competition.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived