Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga on PITCHFORK Best Music Videos of the Decade List

Heartbeats

Featured Posts

MonsterOfSpain

I think that with "edit" she meant editing the ideas and concepts in the video to make them more clear and stronger, and not actually editing the video footage.

Anyway, are we sure that interview is real? Because shes saying that theres too many ideas in the video, but I can remember a radio interview where she says that that was the whole purpose of the video; to be about excess information and confusion. So shes either contradicting herself or that quote about her hating it is fake. And since she hasnt really refrained from making videos with hundreds of different concepts in them since then, im gonna assume the interview is fake.

“For people that were kind of confused by the video that was the idea. All of the lesbian themes and the homos-xual themes are so important. Transs-xuality and transgendered lives are lives that are not really told in many stories, especially in a commercially viable environment, so that was something else I wanted to introduce that I’m going to continue."

http://www.novafm.com.au/article/lady-gaga-explains-her-telephone-video

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

I know it's probably impossible, but I wish she came back to making quality videos like Telephone or BR, when a Gaga video premiere was a pop culture event.

"Applause" and "GUY" are not quality?

cc74036eb226429e9076d58eed92a80b.gif

Right.

I know it's probably impossible, but I wish she came back to making quality videos like Telephone or BR, when a Gaga video premiere was a pop culture event.

I think Gaga always makes quality music videos. For example, you can't say videos like Applause or GUY aren't quality. Her videos just became too weird and complicated for the GP. So in other words her videos are weirder now, but they are still quality.

The Professor

song* not the video

right?

nope. I think someone here quoted her correctly

"I can't even watch the Telephone video, I hate it so much... Beyonce and I are great together. But there are so many f--king ideas in that video and all I see in that video is my brain throbbing with ideas and I wish I had edited myself a little bit more. It's funny because I know a lot of kids... didn't like the (Gaga track) Alejandro video, but that was my favorite of all my videos."

Vernier

I'd have had Paparazzi there tbh :emma:

M.I.A's Bad Girls making it :legend:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Dangerous Man

It's bc Bey is there. :smh:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

aaronyoji

It's funny cuz if she made a video like this now she'd be ripped to shreds for such excess and grandiose nature.

inuborg

Azealia Banks: "212"

Director: Vincent Tsang | 2011
Before she was Twitter feuding with Disclosure, Diplo, and probably your dad, "212" introduced Azealia Banks as a sly, pig-tailed Harlem girl eager to spit in the ear of some dork about all the filthy things she wants to do. â€â€Jeremy Gordon

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/9482-the-50-best-music-videos-of-the-decade-so-far/1/

Its in Alphabetical order.

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

LaMaisonGaga

tbh I find the 212 video cringeworthy. Don't like to look into other people's faces or mouth that close

tumblr_n1btjpkvs81tn9gsmo3_500.gif

lamaisongaga.com

AP and someone posted the link above ^ but as much as I love 212 and Azealia, I don't think the 212 video deserved to be anywhere near that list :wtf:

inuborg

tbh I find the 212 video cringeworthy. Don't like to look into other people's faces or mouth that close

tumblr_n1btjpkvs81tn9gsmo3_500.gif

azealia-banks-portable-212-gif.gif

This scene alone tho:

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Archived