Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do you feel guilty for disliking ARTPOP?

Ray of Light

Featured Posts

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilVenusian

I guess you're taking it too serious. Come on, it's pop music... :awkney: Well, i know Gaga is not just another generic artist. She has a message, has something to say about music and freedom and offers a brand new vision. However, i guess you can't get that trascendental. In what concerns to ARTPOP, only Gaga's speech was trascendetal. The music on the album just didn't fit that trascendality she would talk.

That's why i think there's no way of saying ARTPOP is her best album and that kind of stuff. The Fame/The Fame Monster was meant to be something eccentric, funny, outrageous and s-xy, and it achieved that goal. Gaga made that we would see that era just the way she wanted us to see it. In ARTPOP, though, that didn't happen and the concept's goal wasn't achieved. Sorry, but i freak out when some of us are critiziced for saying that TFM is her best album and then when others say it's ARTPOP it seems like they stan more for Gaga or something.

Your over thinking it good sis. That's my point. Just learn to  enjoy the music for what it is, and the amazing amount of energy gaga has poured into it. I disliked ARTPOP on first listen because I entered with a critical mind and was just looking for faults to dislike with it. Then i started to think of the positives and I began to appreciate it a lot more. I know its not a perfect album (no gaga album is) but its got heaps of amazing things going for it that alot of her other albums didn't i.e, some of her most crazy, uninhibited vocal performances, some of her most interesting and daring compositions and productions yet, etc. What gaga wanted to achieve or not is irrelevant, just appreciate the music for what it is, and the kind of energy or feeling it evokes. That's all that's gonna really matter in the end...

LittleBoot

I don't know if I dislike ARTPOP, I'm just not really into it. But I've followed many artists for years and they've put out albums I haven't liked. So I don't feel guilty when that happens, nor would I expect any self-respecting artist to really care if their work isn't universally accepted.

No because it's my favorite album of hers. That being said, if she were to put out an album that I didn't really like, I wouldn't feel guilty about liking it. Just because I'm not feeling the music doesn't mean I dislike her or I don't appreciate her growing and evolving as an artist.

And she has every right to say that. It's called artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball. Why would you buy a ticket to see a tour promoting an album you don't like?

This x100000

Shadow

Nah. We don't really owe Gaga anything. Its our support as a fanbase that allows her tours, MV's, outfits etc.

We fund her career so i dont feel guilty when she puts out something that isn't to my liking, just dissapointed

This. Guilt trips don't equate to sales. Sorry, super stans and Gaga. I'm glad there are people who think for themselves. People should support her for the genuine enjoyment and love for her and her work, not by peer pressure or shaming. :laughga:

Besides, what sort of desperate soul wants fake support?

And this is from someone who actually loves a number of songs on ARTPOP. :adam:

Silence those demons... . 🖤

BLACKOUTbritney

I doubt any bottom really hated ARTPOP. :manicure: They just say they did so they wouldn't get dragged. :manicure: I know they're throwing their legs up in a V during Venus. :manicure:

Edit: Also, no. I would not feel guilty.

OMFG I DIED :lmao:

YAAASSS expose em

eifulien

No because I love and defend ARTPOP all the time. People bashing it just for the sake of it or the commercial success should feel this way, though.  :yes:  :creepflop:  :usrs:

I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I mean, I still LOVE it because it's better than 99% of the stuff out there but I still expect more from her. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

PopBitch

I don't know if I dislike ARTPOP, I'm just not really into it. But I've followed many artists for years and they've put out albums I haven't liked. So I don't feel guilty when that happens, nor would I expect any self-respecting artist to really care if their work isn't universally accepted.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. I agree with this whole post.

• 2 weeks later...
Gagas Bitch

here is how i feel about it... i love ARTPOP. i dont dislike or hate it. i just feel like if it would have gotten the promo it deserved, it would have been a bigger success. thats just me though!  :ohwell:

Rollercoaster

To me, the album feels like a compilation album from various artists. There's no structure, and alot of the songs suck, but there's some gold nuggets that keep it alive.

Archived