💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Were You A Hater Before?

Dangerous Man

Featured Posts

JudasInTheDark

I thought she was "weird" for about two weeks after I heard/saw her for the first time anddddd then I downloaded "Just Dance" :Emma:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked Just Dance but thought she was just a stupid and talentless bùtch. Her interviews were pretty interesting though. She had an amazing vision of industry, pop art, critics, media, etc... And then, I discovered her talent sometime between JD and PF. I have always been a fan :)

Noah Fatale

i was a casual fan from the start, became a monster during the burqa leak, ARTPOP slays the crap out of all her other stuff

YES. back in 2009 I heard her name GaGa and I was like "wtf is that such a weird name ew" but then I accidentally played Bad Romance :gaga:  on youtube and simply fell in love with her :monsterpaw:

Dangerous Man

YES. back in 2009 I heard her name GaGa and I was like "wtf is that such a weird name ew" but then I accidentally played Bad Romance :gaga: on youtube and simply fell in love with her :monsterpaw:

You accidentally fell in love to Gaga then, slé.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

God no, I can't imagine hating her.

I used to think, why does this girl wear shades a lot, even indoors during interviews?  :huh:  but her personality intrigued me, that mystery quality and I enjoyed her album.

Love Trumps Hate

Dangerous Man

I used to think, why does this girl wear shades a lot, even indoors during interviews? :huh:

Idk why i find this funny. :toofunny:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

In the words of Lindsay Lohan, "I spent about 80 percent of my time talking about Regina (Gaga). And the other 20 percent of the time, I was praying for someone else to bring her up so I could talk about her more."

I thought she was just a generic pop star trying to ride the wave of success off of a hit single and then she was just gonna disappear into obscurity, and I used to tell everyone she was annoying and overrated but I would ALWAYS talk about her, but once I heard Beautiful, Dirty, Rich I warmed up to her and I was completely sold when I heard Poker Face.

LoveandMagic

Yes. I was definitely a hater. More so with peer pressure and the like. I didn't listen to the pop radio station much and stopped listening regularly when Just Dance was big. I didn't care much for it and it was just played like crazy and next thing I knew she was running around in meat dresses and coming out of eggs and I thought she was just doing it for attention. A lot of people I hang out with didn't like her either and would trash talk her. They liked more indie artists, alternative rock, industrial, metal, and rap, etc, and would just trash her constantly so I kind of hopped on the band wagon I guess.

I also think it had to do with over exposure (to me), and then I would run into her fans and if I said I just didn't care for a song of hers (keep in mind, I was being polite) I was attacked and blah blah blah. Basically, I was told that if I didn't think she was the Second Coming of Pop I was an idiot, a*hole, etc. Plus I would see all these Twitter wars and people being incredibly hostile. So I thought all her fans were nasty and rude. So that turned me off more.

When Born This Way album came out I thought the title song was okay (EVERYONE was playing it) but I didn't really bother to check the album out until I heard a Judas remix I liked by accident. I checked out the original song, fell deeply in love, so bought the album. Fell in love with it and the rest is history. 

I've trashed talked her before, yes. We would make jokes about her having a penis, being a second rate Madonna clone, and being narcissistic and having to resort to gimmicks and stuff. I didn't really ring-lead any of the nasty talk but I did regretfully participate. Friends would joke about her having VD and other awful terrible things. Basically they were super annoyed and pressed about her (way more than I was) and I would just kind of laugh about it and stuff. It was all nasty and mean, especially because I hadn't bothered to research her or give her an honest listen. 

It's a shame I didn't give her a chance. I missed out on some fantastic performances and interviews. It's why I keep my mouth shut about other artists now. I really regret my earlier behavior, and am eating serious crow now.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived