Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Gaystation Sold To Raise Money For LGBT Charity

Haroon

Featured Posts

Haroon

A limited edition PlayStation 4, themed around LGBT Pride's Rainbow Flag, has been sold to raise money for charity.

Swedish retailer Webhallen sold the console for 28,300 Swedish kroner, which comes in at around $4,118, and gave the money to RFSL, a charity dedicated to supporting the LGBT community.

GayStation.jpg

Dubbed the GayStation, there's no suggestion the console will be made more widely available. All is not lost for those bored of the standard black model, however, as Sony is set to launch its own white console in September alongside Destiny, though a standalone version is expected at some stage in the future. This morning we also heard rumours Microsoft is set to follow suit by bundling its white console in with Sunset Overdrive.

For more on the issue of LGBT representation in gaming, check out our feature exploring why we need more gay characters in games.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/04/limited-edition-ps4-sold-to-raise-money-for-lgbt-charity

I think it's really pretty, like without the heart I'd definitely buy that :flutter: Usually I'm not into rainbow stuff at all, but I think it kinda just goes with the PS4 :party:

The comment section is definitely something to look at. The obvious closet homophobes with the whole "why is their homos-xuality being shoved in our faces!?" :wtf: and then some cute responses along the lines of "I'd buy that and I'm not even gay, I hope they make it an available colour" :nick:

Thoughts on this console and the whole thing overall? :)

Logan

It's really cute they did that, and for a great cause! Why stop there though? It's an amazing design and I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to pay a bit more for the design. It's great marketing and a great message. 

TheOriginalOne

If I got it, it would be what turns me over to the Playstation team :giveup:

I think it's really cute looking   :nick:  It'd be cool if they actually made that a color avaliable to buy for the PS4. But yeah, of course a lot of the ignorant, homophobic gamers are going to be complaining about it  :coffee:

Prismatic

I would get one, but I can't play it :laughga: because I don't find PS4 games fun :toofunga:

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Nice. I hope no one gets angry over the use of gaystation and gaymer (yes, I know that is a known term).

Haroon

Nice. I hope no one gets angry over the use of gaystation and gaymer (yes, I know that is a known term).

Someone who wasn't gay did say that in the comment section :emma: I wasn't offended by it, it's a little harmless pun :shrug: If it was called the Fagstation then it'd be a totally different story :dead:

Someone who wasn't gay did say that in the comment section :emma: I wasn't offended by it, it's a little harmless pun :shrug: If it was called the Fagstation then it'd be a totally different story :dead:

Agreed, harmless. :yes:

FATCAT

It's really cute they did that, and for a great cause! Why stop there though? It's an amazing design and I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to pay a bit more for the design. It's great marketing and a great message. 

If they were to sell these without a limited number, they'd have to make them on order, which just isn't in the cards. It's not the message, its just business.

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived