💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Lana Del Rey "Ultraviolence"

gagaisitalian

Featured Posts

Addy Ezzie

It's not an incredible video, but it's not that bad either imo :shrug: That being said, this song deserved some epic vid...

I love the ending, when she enters the chapel :flutter: 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Valextra

Why isn't it on Vevo?

By the way she looks beautiful and I love her attitude on it, but I'm agree that she could have done something better ;)

Love the song so much :giveup:

Batwings

Having ha Edge of Glory era, I see. :derpga:

Seriously, though, I'm pretty disappointed. This is one of my favorite songs on the album, and I thought it deserved a truly cinematic video with a coherent storyline.

Spock

This was terrible. So disappointed with the Ultraviolence era...

who will love me when the night is over

Haroon

I couldn't get through all of this :emma: Super disappointed :( I haven't really liked any of the music videos from Ultraviolence so far :noparty:

What happened to videos like Born To Die and Blue Jeans and Ride - and the amazing Tropico? :giveup: I really don't understand what's happened to her music videos :confused:

blacklistedd

i mean tropico was fantastic but this is just..................

at least we have shades of cool video 

Tropico was bloated garbage. Seriously. Especially the Gods and Monster and Body Electric portions. Just laughably bad.

FragileLamplite

I almost lost it at the orange part...overall I'm not to bothered by it, especially considering this isn't even on her VEVO channel. It just seems like something she and Fransesco did in an afternoon because they were bored. You guys don't seriously think this is the video with the professional director and an actual budget, do you?

Vernier

There's simplicity and then there's lack of effort, this seems like the latter imo :smh: But I didn't totally hate it

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Uhm, is this a joke? I really love Lana but this is embarrassing. It could have had a lot of better cinematography like the West Coast video or Shades of Cool, but this seems like it was recorded in an old phone with an instagram filter. It doesn't have a concept or anything to make up for it. Awful.

SKANK

I don't consider myself a Lana Del Rey fan, but I really appreciate the fact that she doesn't allow the press, critics, fans, or public to dictate how she creates her art. Obviously she knew that this video would "disappoint" people, but she isn't willing to compromise her vision to make other people happy. 

I actually really enjoyed this video, and song. It really keeps with Lana's esthetic. I might have to download her new album. 

I couldn't get through all of this :emma: Super disappointed :( I haven't really liked any of the music videos from Ultraviolence so far :noparty:

What happened to videos like Born To Die and Blue Jeans and Ride - and the amazing Tropico? :giveup: I really don't understand what's happened to her music videos :confused:

But honestly would high budget hd videos suit Ultraviolence music ? I think this grainy, washed videos suit the music more. Its not about storyline, but more about feelings and impressions She clearly doesnt want videos to distract listeners from the music too much. UV videos just naturally flow with the music and help to depict the atmosphere. 

Its also clear that she doesnt have that big support from Interscope anymore. They had problems with UV album. She was made to collab with big names (Greg Kurstin, Paul Epworth). Maybe this 0 budget video filmed with her friend Francesco in Italy and released by Vice (not Vevo) is a big FK to them. 

Haroon

But honestly would high budget hd videos suit Ultraviolence music ? I think this grainy, washed videos suit the music more. Its not about storyline, but more about feelings and impressions She clearly doesnt want videos to distract listeners from the music too much. UV videos just naturally flow with the music and help to depict the atmosphere. 

I think they would suit the videos, if done correctly it could add a total new depth to the songs :yes: Not saying a storyline is needed, but something as random and unrelated as this video doesn't really do it for me :noparty: I don't think the videos flow with the music or help depict the atmosphere as much as her previous videos have done :shrug: I definitely think whoever's calling the shots can do much better because her music videos have been amazing in the past without distracting from the music and still helped depict the atmosphere   :ohno:

I think they would suit the videos, if done correctly it could add a total new depth to the songs :yes: Not saying a storyline is needed, but something as random and unrelated as this video doesn't really do it for me :noparty: I don't think the videos flow with the music or help depict the atmosphere as much as her previous videos have done :shrug: I definitely think whoever's calling the shots can do much better because her music videos have been amazing in the past without distracting from the music and still helped depict the atmosphere   :ohno:

I dont think that the video is that random to Lana. Just because we dont understand it doesnt mean the things have no meaning. She clearly makes arts for the sake of it, not to be likeable or understood by masses.

What  I love about the video is that we have the direct view of the camera-holder - her lover. When shes seductively staring at him - shes staring at us. When she is showing her desire by licking his fingers - she is licking our fingers. You gain the direct impression, you can be her cult leader for 4 minutes.

She posted this description with the video pic "Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?". Her character is lost between reality (abusive relationship) and dream (unconditional love between her and her "cult leader"). This clash is represented by a few symbols in the video. Wedding dress, church (the symbol of love, connection etc) X white funeral flowers (the symbol of the death - the end). The hands are depicted in the video in the 2 ways - as symbol of seduction and love by touching your lover X the symbol body parts which make violence when she put her hand around her neck. When you are in abusive relationship, the normally negative things are not seen as negative anymore. Even violence is felt as an act of deep emotion by your lover towards you. 

Edited

Archived