Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

New York Times: Beyonce is not a fashion icon!

Bebe

Featured Posts

Princess Die

Congrats to her for having a husband that has enough money to buy her some attention.

You need to learn how to stop making comments on things you clearly know nothing about. It is an insult to the intelligence of everyone on this board.

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Princess Die

She wasn't even considered an icon before her latest album, so. All I know is that she's boring in every sense of the word. At least to me. There's nothing inspiring, iconic or interesting in her.

Do you have a radio up there inside your own ass? It's almost like your ignorance is willful

Neptune

You need to learn how to stop making comments on things you clearly know nothing about. It is an insult to the intelligence of everyone on this board.

And you need to stop trying to make yourself look smart with basic ad hominem comments. It's a forum, and I have the right to post my opinion in a respectable way. If you don't agree, please shed some light of that pedestal you put yourself in, because my point of view is still valid until now  :)

Princess Die

And you need to stop trying to make yourself look smart with basic ad hominem comments. It's a forum, and I have the right to post my opinion in a respectable way. If you don't agree, please shed some light of that pedestal you put yourself in, because my point of view is still valid until now  :)

If the shoe fits. It's a blind opinion, regardless.

Lion Heart

Chill with the arguing y'all. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

blacklistedd

She's definitely a fashion icon as in a big amount of girls look up to her sense of style and fashion, you don't need a museum to prove that status.

Beyonce is an icon of stage performance and presence which is delivered through her music. As far as fashion goes shes neither here nor there and if anything the majority of what she wore throughout the first half of her career was made by her mother whose fashion line was consistently mocked. A lot of girls look up to her in a broad sense, but theres nothing to mimic in terms of style (maybe hair? but its not like shes had infamous hairstyles). Shes a general icon and from the looks of it a contemporary legend (not to get too carried away). But if you lay it all out she is not a fashion icon in the true sense of the term.

As far as pop goes, to compare I think Rihanna is a true fashion icon. However lacking in being an icon of stage performance/presence. Everyone has their things.

OrphanBlack

Tina's fashion ideas from the late 90s to early 00s were so wild. :rip:

beyonce_uniform-copy.jpg

Omg I know! :lmao: but you can tell by these designs that Tina has had no formal education in Fashion design. She literally just picked out random colors/patterns and made different basic outfits from that. :lmao:

No Angel

Omg I know! :lmao: but you can tell by these designs that Tina has had no formal education in Fashion design. She literally just picked out random colors/patterns and made different basic outfits from that. :lmao:

She just had SO MUCH fabric and needed to get rid of it. :lmao:

Bebe

I know right? There's nothing iconic about her. No iconic performances, or dresses, or moments. She was musically successful with her latest album, but that was it. Who the hell remembers anything from 4 or before that? Maybe a song or two when she was with DC, but what else? Even her Super Bowl performance had nothing memorable or special... Just because she's selling well, doesn't mean she's iconic. And yes, she's comparable to Katy Perry when it comes to cultural impact. What do we remember of Katy Perry? Whipped cream coming out of her boobs? Naked over cotton-candy? Her ridiculous yellow cube at the VMAs? I mean really.

I admire Beyonce for her talent, but I have to agree with this.

She might be a legend, but there's rly nothing iconic about her when you think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyYnnUcgeMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwtNLUqkMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY

How are these songs and videos not iconic though?

The definition of iconic

himbeypepsi45k8n.gif

Neptune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyYnnUcgeMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwtNLUqkMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY

How are these songs and videos not iconic though?

The definition of iconic

himbeypepsi45k8n.gif

3 songs since 1997. Anything else?

Bebe

3 songs since 1997. Anything else?

Are you really going to make me sit here and pull out receipts like Say my Name, Dreamgirls, Glastonbury performance, collaboration with Gaga, her documentary or her self titled album? Let's not. 

Don't think it's cute that you are trying to move the posts either. First of all she has no iconic moments and now according to you she has at least three iconic moments and that's still not enough. 

Deny all you want, but she has already proven she is an icon. Everyone from Adele to Lady Gaga to Rihanna site her as an influence and she is still slaying.

iloveit123

Beyonce annoys me to no end, ugh. Fasion icon?! Please. What - hoe wear?

It's because there are barely any icons today so she gets an easy pass in or something. She is a good singer but most of her music doesn't size up in my opinion, the style is god awful, and the personality certainly isn't there,

Sorry to offend those that like her, but I am so sick of how propped up she gets because there is such a lack of alternatives, especially in terms of amazing black singers that should be more popular. But Beyonce seems to have most people's attention, especially black audiences. Come on people, seek out some new artists, especially the amount of female ones you let in.

Beyoncé has never been a fashion icon... Sorry Tina Knowles is not a fashion icon

No Angel

Beyonce annoys me to no end, ugh. Fasion icon?! Please. What - hoe wear?

It's because there are barely any icons today so she gets an easy pass in or something. She is a good singer but most of her music doesn't size up in my opinion, the style is god awful, and the personality certainly isn't there,

Sorry to offend those that like her, but I am so sick of how propped up she gets because there is such a lack of alternatives, especially in terms of amazing black singers that should be more popular. But Beyonce seems to have most people's attention, especially black audiences. Come on people, seek out some new artists, especially the amount of female ones you let in.

K. Let's just go there:

1. Hoe wear? What classifies as "hoe wear?" Are you insane with saying this? She's never worn anything on/off stage that would even tip off the word "hoe." What outfits off-stage would warrant the word "hoe?" Hell, even the ones onstage aren't risky. Plus, do you even know who we're both on this forum for? Gaga barely wears any clothes on stage. Does that make her a hoe? Of course not, that's ridiculous. See: VMAs 2013 when all she wore was a seashell bikini, her being naked in her Marina Method video, etc. Please stop with the slut-shaming.

beyonc%C3%A9-mrs-carter-tour-outfits.jpg

Wow, what a hoe.

2. Barely any icons today is your reason why she shouldn't be labeled an icon? While I agree Bey is no fashion icon in my eyes, her so-called "pass" is her voice. In 15 years, people will remember that girl for her performances and voice. She's arguably one of the best mainstream performers we've got today. And just because there's a lack of popular black performers does not mean she undeserving of her success. Please stop. With that logic, every mainstream female performer shouldn't be called icons cause there are ones who didn't make it. 

3. The reason black people love Bey so much is because she's one of the most powerful musicians today and that's something we can be proud of considering the leaps and bounds our people have gone through to make it to the top. Seeing just one person up there amongst Non-Black folks doing her thing and doing it better than mostly everyone now is something good to see considering the negativity we get. Also, there are a plethora of Black female/male artists Black people listen to on the daily, but they never get mainstream recognition. We're only a small portion of the general public and only a select few of our artists make it to the top.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1nYC7_VZGw

Yeah, not deserving whatsoever. :fail:

Archived