Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World on verge of 6th mass extinction

Featured Posts

MahoganySnitch

So many people have died and fought for something that only has value because we give it value.

So much truth to this ugh

bionic

The comments on that site are awful. They're talking about wanting nuclear wars, promoting racism and eugenics... wtf?!

buy bionic

Economy

They're not talking about humans though.. :emma:

they are talking about an ecological collapse because the ecosystem is one big web linked together. destroy 1 species and to some limited degree it will affect species that are in no way related...

Damage the ecosystem enough and it will collapse and have to do some kind of reset

Woolfsmck

they are talking about an ecological collapse because the ecosystem is one big web linked together. destroy 1 species and to some limited degree it will affect species that are in no way related...

Damage the ecosystem enough and it will collapse and have to do some kind of reset

This where I don't get the climate change theorists.  Humans are 'part' of the chain.  The whole notion that humans are bad for earth is silly to me. 

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Poker

:awkney:

Humans are destroying this planet, and I don't want animals to suffer because of our wrong doing. And if humans need to become extint for animals to enjoy this beautiful planet, then I'm ok with it. We are only killing the planet and each other, I see no use in that  :shrug:

Flowers in my hair. Trouble on my mind.

Applause

Less animals to kill rodents = more disease carrying rodents = more diseases in humans when bit, even can be carried airborne = more deaths around the world as it spreads.

So yes, it does effect us.

Xalser

Economy

This where I don't get the climate change theorists. Humans are 'part' of the chain. The whole notion that humans are bad for earth is silly to me.

i think sometimes environmentalists over dramatize yes

That being said humans have evolved beyond the point of just following instincts from nature. We also reason and make our own decisions

Name me another individual species that can build giant machines and pollute the Earth and use up a massive amounts of reaources... Or change landscapes to such a massive degree to suit its needs

MonsterMum

I'm all for "aggressive conservation". Call me a dirty hippie or whatever but I'm totally fine with that.

Sadly we might already be too late for that.

MonsterMum

Less animals to kill rodents = more disease carrying rodents = more diseases in humans when bit, even can be carried airborne = more deaths around the world as it spreads.

So yes, it does effect us.

It's not even only rodents but everything humans do in general. Example: we use so many antibiotics that bacteria go immune.

A next new string of flu virus might again wipe out 1/3rd of our planet. 

Also humans use up natural recourses by the end of June, which means everything else comes from borrowed time and exhausting the earth, you can't keep on doing that for centuries.

It's like keep living on borrowed money, once something happens it falls down like a card house and we've seen that happen everywhere with the financial crisis. 

Woolfsmck

i think sometimes environmentalists over dramatize yes

That being said humans have evolved beyond the point of just following instincts from nature. We also reason and make our own decisions

Name me another individual species that can build giant machines and pollute the Earth and use up a massive amounts of reaources... Or change landscapes to such a massive degree to suit its needs

Cows...they pollute on a massive scale...without machines

Plus, they invented bandini mountain...8-)

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

RAMROD

Reptiles be gone tbh :coffee:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Buy ♥ And ♥ Stream ♥ STUPID ♥ LOVE ♥