💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Interscope didn't want Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence to happen

Xgongiviguess

Featured Posts

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"From how great the songs were to how confident she is as a musician to her ****ing singing every song live, with a handheld microphone and a seven-piece band. I mean, get the **** out of here, who does that?

aYtE3dM.gif

There's a reason I stan for both ladies.

"From how great the songs were to how confident she is as a musician to her ****ing singing every song live, with a handheld microphone and a seven-piece band. I mean, get the **** out of here, who does that?"

Stefani G

kthxbei

He meant that they recorded the majority of the album pretty much live, with a live band.

Amazing though, for Lana. Good work on her part :applause:

What is so bad about that album? :rip:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

ItsTommyBitch

"From how great the songs were to how confident she is as a musician to her ****ing singing every song live, with a handheld microphone and a seven-piece band. I mean, get the **** out of here, who does that?

aYtE3dM.gif

There's a reason I stan for both ladies.

Seven-piece band doesnt describe most Lady Gaga songs... seeing as they are generally electronic for the most part :rip:

But she does have the live singing down :party:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Staryu

UV was a disappointment for me, but I hate how Interscope are such b---hes to their artists. :smh:

Batwings

I remember when I saw her live in April, she made a comment along the lines of "We're working really hard to get this album released." Now I know what she really meant by that. 

(Also, I don't know why I'm surprised that we're barely two pages in, and this thread is already a damn mess.  :fail: )

Slayer

Dont think it was AP, but YAASS at the lana producer :giveup:

Album is flawless.

Still playing it daily in some form, especially Brooklyn Baby and recently Shades of Cool :legend:

Mess @ the replies here... Same sound? Flopped?

It was a moderate success, with higher opening sales (at least in most places other than the UK) and its going to have some decent longevity... BTD still charting 2 years later anyway :coffee: I read somewhere that its already @ ~1m WW, which i can believe, (though it may be shipments) 

Anyone who thinks its the same sound hasn't heard Born To Die or even Paradise tbh :manicure:

You think it sounds different to Born To Die?  :toofunny:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

RAMROD

The album's a grower.

Once you into it, I swear you won't hear another albums for awhile.

It is just that good.

Interscope was initially hip hop label, not very surprising the executives not very warm towards rock, dance, and pop except for the money.

The reason why many big names like NIN and Marilyn Manson didn't extend their contracts.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Why would they hate it? It's exactly the same sound as her first album.  :toofunny:

Not at all. It doesn't mean she kept the ballads that it's the same sound. I personally find it very different on many aspects and I love both albums

UV is even closer to Paradise than it is to BTD imo

and Mess at Adele's producer changing the label's mind :fail:

MJHolland

Why would they hate it? It's exactly the same sound as her first album.  :toofunny:

Except there's no upbeat song as a break from the rest of the dark album

LaLuna

The album's a grower.

Once you into it, I swear you won't hear another albums for awhile.

It is just that good.

I agree. I didn't like UV at first, but then the same happened with BTD. The only song I instantly liked from UV was the title track. I don't think it's as good as Born To Die, but it's definitely worth giving it a chance.

monsterdreams

Well, good for her, she got it released

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Archived