Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Legend of Korra Season 3 Discussion/Opinions

Gov Hooka

What was your favorite Book in the whole overall series?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite Book in the whole overall series.

• ATLA Book 1: Water
    • ATLA Book 2: Earth
    • ATLABook 3: Fire
    • LOK Book 1: Air
    • LOK Book 2: Spirits
    • LOK Book 3: Change

Featured Posts

Knife

*http://youtu.be/Kf5U1GzNZQ0

Kya finally let her inner Katara shine free. We need more moments like this.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gov Hooka

How does someone who just got Air Bending dominate everyone? :smh:

airbending is the most powerful element :lolgaga:

Logan

airbending is the most powerful element :lolgaga:

That's water bending hun. Sweat bending, Blood Blending, Ice Bending. The list goes on. 

Gov Hooka

That's water bending hun. Sweat bending, Blood Blending, Ice Bending. The list goes on. 

air is everywhere and can't be stifled at all. Waterbending isn't limitless.

Logan

air is everywhere and can't be stifled at all. Waterbending isn't limitless.

Water is the most diverse. I'm not saying Air is bad, just from the feats we've seen from both series, water is the most powerful in my eyes. 

Gov Hooka

Water is the most diverse. I'm not saying Air is bad, just from the feats we've seen from both series, water is the most powerful in my eyes. 

yet you can prevent water bending as seen in Zahir's armless friend's prison, not to mention a lunar eclipse prevents water bending. Vulnerabilities don't help to make it the most powerful. And you can resist bloodbending as well, it takes a strong character, but you can resist it.

Logan

yet you can prevent water bending as seen in Zahir's armless friend's prison, not to mention a lunar eclipse prevents water bending. Vulnerabilities don't help to make it the most powerful. And you can resist bloodbending as well, it takes a strong character, but you can resist it.

Only highly adept water benders (Katara and Amon) and the Avatar have been able to resist bloodbending as far as I remember. I'll agree that a waterbenders strength can depend on their surroundings, but with the right conditions they are the strongest. Most are smart enough to carry water with them also. 

Logan

I'm a big fan of water's versatility. The plethora of skills water benders have allows them to excel at a variety of things, making the element more valuable. The range of sub-bending styles, for example, showcases the different uses of waterbending. Obviously they rely on having their element nearby, and this should be noted as a weakness. But being the most capable in the majority of situations, to me, makes the element most powerful; more than just being particularly strong.

If forced to fend for myself for a week in the wilderness (Dare I suggest a la Hunger Games.) I think I'd want water bending. Creating shelter from ice, fishing, healing injuries, I'd be capable to deal with any situation. At least finding something to drink should be easy enough! The very nature of the element is adaptability and that would give me more options in every scenario.

Perfectly explains how I feel.

chris777

waterbending>>earthbending(that lava thing and metalbending are awesome)>>>>airbending=firebending

Gov Hooka

Only highly adept water benders (Katara and Amon) and the Avatar have been able to resist bloodbending as far as I remember. I'll agree that a waterbenders strength can depend on their surroundings, but with the right conditions they are the strongest. Most are smart enough to carry water with them also. 

I suppose so, but I still think if you throw in the most powerful of all 4 nations in the room, the airbender would blow the competition away, quite literally.

Archived