💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Should Gaga play Amphitheaters on her next tour?

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo

So last night after Gaga's Summerfest show in front of 18,000, Gaga apparently told fans she really liked the way the show went and it was her favorite artRAVE so far even without the catwalks.

So here are some advantages or disadvantages (however you want to view them) to playing amphitheaters

1) Most of the time, they're bigger than arenas.
2) No room for a crazy stage, just a traditional small stage at the end which makes more about the music than the gimmicks
3) They're outdoors for the most part

Examples:

Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles: 
Capacity: 17,000 as opposed to the 15,000 at the Staples Center where Gaga will be playing in July

hollywood-bowl.jpg

First Midwest Bank Amphitheater in Chicago:
Capacity: ~30,000 as opposed to ~15,000 at the United Center where Gaga is playing at in July

DSC_0012.jpg

07-2013-050%2B%25282013-07-14%2529%2BOne

LetsGetHigh

No because it has "theater" in the title

not here for the atrl shade saying Gaga is doing a theater tour :redface::derpga:

For real though IMO i like the catwalks MUCH better

Arturo

No because it has "theater" in the title

not here for the atrl shade saying Gaga is doing a theater tour :redface::derpga:

For real though IMO i like the catwalks MUCH better

No one will care once the Billboard receipts come in.

No Angel

Milwaukee's Marcus Amphitheater is amazing. I was a little concerned by the size, but the turnout was amazing. And I loved that she loved my city! :party:

To be honest, it doesn't matter the size of the venue, the one thing that matters is the crowd and how excited they are. Milwaukee+Music+Beer always means It's gonna be an amazing time. I was at Bruno's Milwaukee show the other night and this drunk lady grabbed me and we started dancing together. It was one hell of a time. People came out with their outfits for Gaga  last night and they did their thing. They looked amazing.

But, the amphitheater is amazing here, and I wouldn't mind her doing more. Festival shows with Gaga are awesome.

Arturo

I think I'd rather have Stadiums than Amphitheatres

She can't fill those. 

Yes! Outdoor concerts are the best! Or if she can get back the GP she could do stadiums in America, but that's not being realistic.

I like the idea of her touring without all the crazy and super creative stage(s) and would be absolutely here for it with a future record, but ARTPOP suits the tour the way it is. ARTPOP is as eccentric, crazy, and fun as her outfits and constant change. The catwalks and unique 'gimmicks' are perfect for the album. :)

I think I'd rather have Stadiums than Amphitheatres, if only she could fill them :cryga:

She can't fill those.

Milwaukee's Marcus Amphitheater is amazing. I was a little concerned by the size, but the turnout was amazing. And I loved that she loved my city! :party:

To be honest, it doesn't matter the size of the venue, the one thing that matters is the crowd and how excited they are. Milwaukee+Music+Beer always means It's gonna be an amazing time.

I hear that Milwaukee and Summer Fest is such an amazing atmosphere for concerts from many people!

Miranda Sings

Summerfest is amazing and you could tell she loved the atmosphere. I love the Marcus. "People told me my show was too gay to fill arenas. Well we're in an amphitheater b---hes." - my favorite quote from last night

Archived