💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Confusion with the GP and Gaga

MurderLipstick

Featured Posts

MurderLipstick

She's too gay and artsy.

That's always been her expertise. Perfect example is the 2009 VMAs acceptance speech. She wore and archived McQueen dress with the amazing crown and veil, and thanked God and the gays.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't at everyone saying Born This Way is the reason. It is not.

It's the media.

1) She talked the talk - always - but didn't always walk the walk, especially musically.

2) Her original team was brilliant in the way they complimented her work. The team started disintegrating and is now no longer.

3) Moral of the story: put music first, don't hype yourself, don't sleep with your team members.

djBuffoon

1) She talked the talk - always - but didn't always walk the walk, especially musically.

2) Her original team was brilliant in the way they complimented her work. The team started disintegrating and is now no longer.

3) Moral of the story: put music first, don't hype yourself, don't sleep with your team members.

Hold on. If any American woman in that business has a right to be proud of what she's accomplished, even in a "bad" era, it's Gaga.

You The Fame And Fame Monster stans are the worst. You even want her to look the same as she did 2010. Stop living in the past!

1. I dislike The Fame. So no

2. I liked BTW.

How is that living in the past :awkney: Insulting assumption to make. All I'm saying is that she has changed so much and her older self was more appealing to the GP.

And I debunked your baseless "reasons" with common sense. Try another tactic.

Nothing baseless about her newer self being less appealing to the GP.

Cody Draco

You The Fame And Fame Monster stans are the worst. You even want her to look the same as she did 2010. Stop living in the past!

MTE. They really are so ****ing annoying.

djBuffoon

Nothing baseless about her newer self being less appealing to the GP.

Allow me to break it down a bit further: less appealing to the GP does not equal a decline in quality.

shane_c

That's always been her expertise. Perfect example is the 2009 VMAs acceptance speech. She wore and archived McQueen dress with the amazing crown and veil, and thanked God and the gays.

That was just a couple words at the end of a speech, that does not compare to a lead single and title of an album.

PMKKARDASHiAN

Ugh I hate getting in on these kinds of arguments, but I disagree. I hold very fond memories of TF and TFM, therefore yes I might be biased in thinking those albums/eras/ what have you were far better than what BTW and AP Have offered.

I'm still to this day singing TF and TFM songs, and I haven't looked at BTW in years and I haven't given AP a second thought since February.

It's all about personal taste, and her last 2 albums aren't paletable for me. I don't want the old gaga back, but I preferred her to what we have now. :/

Allow me to break it down a bit further: less appealing to the GP does not equal a decline in quality.

It's a decline in quality for them.

djBuffoon

It's a decline in quality for them.

Okay then, that's different. The public, as a whole, has proven over time that they're not very discerning when it comes to arts and entertainment. They tend to bounce on whatever's either new and flashy or mediocre and well-publicized.

the "GP" doesn't have much of a solid opinion of Gaga or any other female pop star

And nobody cares about "charts" except people on forums like these

djBuffoon

It's all about personal taste, and her last 2 albums aren't paletable for me. I don't want the old gaga back, but I preferred her to what we have now. :/

I could obviously be wrong, but if you didn't care for either BTW or AP, I'm worried that you may not like anything that comes next. I can't imagine her getting less abrasive and out-there. :noparty:

Okay then, that's different. The public, as a whole, has proven over time that they're not very discerning when it comes to arts and entertainment. They tend to bounce on whatever's either new and flashy or mediocre and well-publicized.

agree to disagree

PMKKARDASHiAN

I could obviously be wrong, but if you didn't care for either BTW or AP, I'm worried that you may not like anything that comes next. I can't imagine her getting less abrasive and out-there. :noparty:

That worries me too but luckily she offers more than music. Yea that's the biggest part but what kept me around this whole time wasn't her music alone, it's been her wit and charm and appeal as a person that's turned me into a stan. I like her as a person, even tho I've never met her. She has far more substance and talent than her contemporaries, so if the music continues to not be in my liking, that should be ok if she continues to be the kind of figure and person she is.

Does that make sense??

LittleBoot

People are going to refer to her clothes or performance art as "gimmicks" if she isn't as successful on the charts. Elton John had been flamboyant for ages but people generally just went with it, because he had a lot of great songs to boot.

I don't think it's a fair or true assessment, I think she is just being expressive. I get it because I'm an artist myself. But a lot of people outside the sphere of devoted fans aren't as receptive unless it comes with the kind of song that makes everyone want hit the dance floor or turn up the radio in their car. 

Archived