💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Next album: Can Gaga still do what she wants?

The Professor

Featured Posts

ryhanna

Doing what she wants is the ONLY way things will improve for her.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AyaKara

I think Gaga will still continue doing what she wants. She spoke about going independent. I think she's going to self-produce (both musically and financially) her own albums but market them well and have them on the radio. :yes:

clefable

"And now, because we have to, i'll perform applause"

are you kidding  :dies:  :dies:  you obviously didnt get the joke she was making

Judas Oyster

I don't want your fĂƒÆ’ÂŒcking throne, and no, no thanks.

But on topic: I am hoping that she makes something so good that she will sky rocket again in both sales and popularity.

She rocks when she's on top. Even tho she's a G.U.Y.

I try to sell myself but I am really laughing.

Anyway, let's hope for the best. It's up to her.

Interlude

It's hard to tell I mean, artists have stray away albums that isn't what they normally put out or isn't as 'good' - they usually learn from that stick to the formula that made them successful. With Gaga though, I don't think she really considers this album to be any less to her previous work or how it was handled. We're happiest when Gaga is in the spotlight of the media because we want to see her be successful and ravish in all that she can have but she doesn't really aim for that anymore.

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

StrawberryBlond

There already were elements out of her control this time around (and BTW was hardly a flop, but apparently her label thought some of her ideas were too risky to repeat). Do you really think Gaga wanted to include a generic song about fashion featuring will.i.am and David Guetta? Or release DWUW as a full blown single with a remix featuring another rapper? Or release a shortened version of the G.U.Y video? Interscope clearly called a lot of shots this era and Gaga wasn't happy with them. So I imagine with ARTPOP's underperformance, even more control will be taken away next time, especially in regards to single choices. As long as there's still good songs on the album, I can handle the more ok singles, though. I don't think they'll ever make her release a full on generic album in the vein of Teenage Dream or whatever, so as long as her artistic integrity isn't completely destroyed, I can deal with that. We've seen that she can still do sell out tours even when she's not at her peak, so dumbing her down would be counter productive. I just want her next era to be handled properly. Performing the lead single in as many places as possible (not performing it in the UK was a huge mistake) putting a music video out at the same time as a single or shortly afterwards, maybe even put something up for pre-order (which I'm normally against, but at this point, she needs it). And above all, don't make the album available for pre-order before the lead single is released (anyone who downloaded DWUW but had already pre-ordered the album did not have their sale counted) and no reclusive behaviour. Had these things been ironed out, ARTPOP would have been a much more successful era.

JustPokeHerFace

One of the reasons that TF/TFM smashed was that Gaga had the foresight to know that dance music was going to get popular, and decided to work with it. I think she knows very well what will get her popular again, and has realized that she wants to follow her creative vision right now. I do think at some point that her creative vision will cross with a growing trend, and when it happens, she'll have a rise in popularity again. The way music works, it seems that dance music always grows in popularity at the very end/very beginning of a decade since the late 90s. If she keeps making dance music, she could have a comeback at the end of this decade/beginning of the next one. 

1. Where did she say she hated Applause?

2. Bobby Campbell is her manager and he's not gone as far as I know

3. I think 2015 may end up being her year, and once July hits she will start to succeed again, listen to that Tarot, everything he said came true, his name is Tokyo Rose.

True :legend:

The Professor

Wah wah wah.

Cry me a river. Gaga will do what she wants,and if she's successful,then she's successful.

If she isn't,quit whining about it. Why do charts matter so damn much? WHO CARES?!

Big sales ---------> More tour shows

Also big budgets for music videos, AND MTV isn't going to let a has-been perform year after year at their biggest ceremonies.

I want live performances dammit! and for that she needs success! 

djBuffoon

I am down for whatever she has her heart set on. It was nice that her songs and albums was topping charts for quite some time, but her work in these last two albums has been, by and large, her best output yet.

For some reason, people here and elsewhere think the music just sounds better when it's at #1. Which is a pretty disheartening way of looking at what she's given us.

HarryTheNight

No, but Venus is gaga's baby, her gem in ARTPOP. 

Applause was the song she wasn't even going to include until Jimmy told her to

but Applause is a much better song, and people take that quote about applause not being on the album way too seriously, she just meant she had lots of songs as options and she hadn't decided the final tracklisting yet, Jimmy didn't make her do anything.

djBuffoon

It's hard to tell I mean, artists have stray away albums that isn't what they normally put out or isn't as 'good' - they usually learn from that stick to the formula that made them successful. With Gaga though, I don't think she really considers this album to be any less to her previous work or how it was handled. We're happiest when Gaga is in the spotlight of the media because we want to see her be successful and ravish in all that she can have but she doesn't really aim for that anymore.

Agreed completely.

This. Good music can be artistic - paparazzi for example, or Alejandro. Venus like wtf

And by the same token, music doesn't have to be relatable to be good.

Hexxx

tumblr_n67dh0jjlP1svi3flo1_500.jpgI refuse to discuss. too much mess.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Archived