💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Interscope waiting until June?

TheFame Monster

Featured Posts

PatrickMonster

"Flop singles" don't damage her career  :smh:

If people like the song, some of them will choose to purchase it. They're not going to say "Oh look the last 3 singles flopped so I won't buy this song"

In the real world, nobody cares. As long as her tour is doing well (it is), it's pointless to worry about these petty things.

U.S. radio paid dust to Judas because of the controversy, but picked right up on TEOG and You and I.

"People are tired of ARTPOP" is just a stan projection.

In the real world, people don't think of pop stars in terms of "eras"

People dont but radio stations do! They wont play another single after her biggest flop ever. She could release Bad Romance right now, and it would flop like G.U.Y.. 

The only artist that can release singles after singles and still getting played heavily is Katy Perry, but we all know she uses payola all the time, so its a different story.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga is NOT going to focus on C2C. The odds of it spinning any successful singles are low. Really, really low. The lead will probably chart, but not for very long. A few months after the release of C2C, she could release a lead single without any bumps. C2C shouldn't affect the next album at all 

MahoTheMnstr

If people like the song, some of them will choose to purchase it. They're not going to say "Oh look the last 3 singles flopped so I won't buy this song"

In the real world, nobody cares. As long as her tour is doing well (it is), it's pointless to worry about these petty things.

U.S. radio paid dust to Judas because of the controversy, but picked right up on TEOG and You and I.

Agreed!  :golfclap:

I don't give a damn if it flops or not or if "ARTPOP is over." I still want Gypsy as a single.   :crossed:

and this!  :omfgaga:

PopBitch

Release ARTPOP as the next song.  Get Anton Corbijn to come to her concert and film a spectacular video of it live in concert and throw it up on YouTube and call it a day.  He's a tremendous visual artist and would capture the concert in all its glory and that song and maybe it will give it a lift and life on the radio.  I love his music video Reflektor he did for Arcade Fire last year.  

Here's his pro-shot of Coldplay performing Paradise in concert. Of course, that's mild because of how it's performed.   I would love to see a song like ARTPOP brought to life because it's spectacular on stage in all Gaga's pop glory.  She is so cinematic as is her stage design and dancers.  I would love to see her do this and not just do nothing, no single, no music video at all.  This is a way to do it that is feasible.  She's a her best live anyway with the audience going crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCAzfxTYyA

And he did the the godfathers of electronica, Depeche Mode's Should Be Higher last year. 

The intensity of the color and depth he uses to film it I love.  I wish Gaga would work with Anton.  His actual music videos are so unusual and he is revered   It wouldn't cost Gaga a fortune or the label and wouldn't interfere with her tour and would give another single a chance, whether ARTPOP or another song like Gypsy or Sexxx Dreams a shot at a hit single.   Anton did that genius fire backdrop to Should Be Higher also for the tour  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_O37cE1j64

blacklistedd

Inevitable racial slur controversy aside, Gypsy could have been single material. However I don't think this era can bring forth a fruitful 4th single and im not sure it even deserves it. I'd rather just move onto something else at this point. Wouldn't you?

Release ARTPOP as the next song.  Get Anton Corbijn to come to her concert and film a spectacular video of it live in concert and throw it up on YouTube and call it a day.  He's a tremendous visual artist and would capture the concert in all its glory and that song and maybe it will give it a lift and life on the radio.  I love his music video Reflektor he did for Arcade Fire last year.  

Here's his pro-shoto of Coldplay performing Paradise in concert.  I would love to see a song like ARTPOP brought to life because it's spectacular on stage in all Gaga's pop glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCAzfxTYyA

And he did the the godfathers of electronica, Depeche Mode's Should Be Higher last year. 

The intensity of the color and depth he uses to film it I love.  I wish Gaga would work with Anton.  His actual music videos are so unusual and he is revered   It wouldn't cost Gaga a fortune or the label and wouldn't interfere with her tour and would give another single a chance, whether ARTPOP or another song like Gypsy or Sexxx Dreams a shot at a hit single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_O37cE1j64

Really into this idea. I think it would be great. Not for Sex Dreams, but definitely for ARTPOP.

i've noticed you keep saying "in the real world" hun this is the real world, its not as if everyone on this forum lives in a bubble. the real world has lost interest in gaga now, the real world has dropped G.U.Y. like a hot potato. the real world won't pick up on gypsy even if it is released. 

not a stan projection, its fact. i don't think i've heard one person outwith this forum say "god ARTPOP is still so fresh sounding" in many people's eyes ARTPOP became old fast. all you have to do is go and ask people which album became withered quickest. You seen how quick radio dropped G.U.Y., doesn't matter if Gypsy is "more catchy" radio won't play it because this is her biggest flop single to date, if it were released you'd be lucky to get a few plays from it. 

we'd also end up with some **** video because the record label would be wary about giving her a big budget for a single that has more chance of flopping than actually becoming a hit. the label would probably lose profit from releasing another single nobody is interested in. 

Dr Rogoe

i don't think we're getting a fourth single, all interscope have to do is look at the chart performance of G.U.Y. and realise its not a great idea

They only have themselves to blame, no promotion :manicure:

blacklistedd

i've noticed you keep saying "in the real world" hun this is the real world, its not as if everyone on this forum lives in a bubble. the real world has lost interest in gaga now, the real world has dropped G.U.Y. like a hot potato. the real world won't pick up on gypsy even if it is released. 

not a stan projection, its fact. i don't think i've heard one person outwith this forum say "god ARTPOP is still so fresh sounding" in many people's eyes ARTPOP became old fast. all you have to do is go and ask people which album became withered quickest. You seen how quick radio dropped G.U.Y., doesn't matter if Gypsy is "more catchy" radio won't play it because this is her biggest flop single to date, if it were released you'd be lucky to get a few plays from it. 

we'd also end up with some **** video because the record label would be wary about giving her a big budget for a single that has more chance of flopping than actually becoming a hit. the label would probably lose profit from releasing another single nobody is interested in. 

First of all the label would not "lose profit" from her. Stans exaggerate and theorize on things they know absolutely nothing about.

Second, I agree that a 4th single would not be fruitful, im sure the label isn't itching for her to release something else from this record, and its true this era has not panned out for her in a lasting way. But thats about the fact that she had obstacles to overcome coming out of the faulty born this way era and while she created a fine enough pop record it was nothing drastic (visually or sonically) to make people genuinely reconsider their outlook on her. She needed an era that was something more than fine because this outcome was inevitable, the media is feeding on peoples indifference. Songs like GUY and DWUW are good pop songs that otherwise should've done well on the charts, the fact is people just don't want to consume her, its not the songs fault. Not to say you were saying it was.

And I also agree that I think this era doesn't need or deserve a 4th single. Lets just get the ball rolling on something new.

lxdygxga

I don't see a fourth single. It'll either be moving on to ACT II (god willing), or just abandoning the concept and moving on to make a brand new album when the tour is over.

PopBitch

Really into this idea. I think it would be great. Not for Sex Dreams, but definitely for ARTPOP.

I'm in the minority on ARTPOP being the next single, so I mentioned Gypsy and Sexxx Dreams as an alternative.  But ARTPOP is the best next single with a video like this of her concert performance, and the song has a seductive beat to it.  Also, it's selfish.  There won't be a DVD in forever, so this would be great footage to have of it whether the single took off or not.  I love her performance and the whole energy of the stage and dancers.  So much is happening.  And I would love to see it shot in a lot of rich depth colorwise like Depeche Mode's video with the black or Coldplay's deep blue. It brings back memories.  I loved that tour with Coldplay.  The video of it would feel and look so dramatic visually and be good promo in any event for the song without breaking the bank.

Gaga, are you listening?  You better grab on to it or Katy is going to use my brilliant idea of Anton Corbijn.

blacklistedd

when the tour is over.

I don't understand why fans always insist on her taking a year long break or more inbetween albums. Theres no need for it.

First of all the label would not "lose profit" from her. Stans exaggerate and theorize on things they know absolutely nothing about.

Second, I agree that a 4th single would not be fruitful, im sure the label isn't itching for her to release something else from this record, and its true this era has not panned out for her in a lasting way. But thats about the fact that she had obstacles to overcome coming out of the faulty born this way era and while she created a fine enough pop record it was nothing drastic (visually or sonically) to make people genuinely reconsider their outlook on her. She needed an era that was something more than fine because this outcome was inevitable, the media is feeding on peoples indifference. Songs like GUY and DWUW are good pop songs that otherwise should've done well on the charts, the fact is people just don't want to consume her, its not the songs fault. Not to say you were saying it was.

And I also agree that I think this era doesn't need or deserve a 4th single. Lets just get the ball rolling on something new.

i study music business so and having learned about this so i'm just speaking from what we are taught. why would a record label put money into something they wont see any result back from? they would lose out on money if they threw a lot into the gypsy campaign. it wouldn't be recoupable for them. 

why do i keep getting placed into this "stan" box? its getting a bit annoying now that it seems like if anybody has an opinion its just like "well you're just a stan so i won't really take in your opinion"

but yes you've summed up everything else quite nicely. people got tired of her. the art talks and how art and pop come together came across as very pretentious to a lot of people which automatically riled people up about her once again. 

lxdygxga

I don't understand why fans always insist on her taking a year long break or more inbetween albums. Theres no need for it.

It's not that people insist it, or even want it to be that way. I wish it wasn't the case, but it's just the way it usually is. She likes to take her time on her albums.

blacklistedd

i study music business so and having learned about this so i'm just speaking from what we are taught. why would a record label put money into something they wont see any result back from? they would lose out on money if they threw a lot into the gypsy campaign. it wouldn't be recoupable for them. 

but yes you've summed up everything else quite nicely. people got tired of her. the art talks and how art and pop come together came across as very pretentious to a lot of people which automatically riled people up about her once again. 

Well thats if they threw a lot into the Gypsy campaign, odds are if there is a 4th single be it Gypsy or whatever, logically in looking at the response to the previous 2 singles, they're not going to throw money into it to the point that they'll lose profit.

I don't even think its about her being pretentious. She was always pretentious. What it was about was her drastically altering her approach and getting back down to the heart. But imo ARTPOP came off very self conscious, she has been very vocal about how affected she has been by the media lashings and peoples negative perceptions of her and that came through in her concepts for the era as well as in the music. People had gotten tired of her but that couldve been turned around and probably still can as pop consumers are incredibly fickle. She just has to commit to a CLEAR and FOCUSED concept. ARTPOP to me was all about her second guessing her worth both creatively and business wise. It was so open ended.

Archived