Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Judas is the biggest hit off Born This Way

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

Controversial opinion, but Judas has just eclipsed the title track as the biggest hit off the BTW era.

At the time it was a flop cause it barely cracked the top 10, but it has withstood the test of time and become a beloved song.

- Judas continues to grow on streaming. It’s the most streamed song on BTW daily and does 2.5 times more streams than Born This Way. Bloody Mary, while viral, dropped and stagnated in streams.

- Judas is constantly going viral. People are replicating the choreo. People discuss it and refer to it as a controversial and important moment in pop history. 

- It’s similar to Poker Face and Bad Romance - catchy hook, catchy chorus, and it’s inherently Gaga at its core. 

- Born This Way (the song) is mainly only talked about during Pride Month, and while it has its own achievements, it pales in comparison to smash hits like Poker Face, Bad Romance, and Shallow.

- None of the other BTW singles have been relevant since 2011. TEOG can barely scrap 100k streams/day. You and I is out streamed by SL and G.U.Y. daily. Perfect Illusion outstreams Marry The Night daily. 

Any other Little Judasters?

IMG-9104.jpg

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 12
  • Love 2

TheFriend

Judas is that song that made stan LG hard. It would've been Paparazzi if she performed it more :ally:

• Thanks 2

King Targaryen

My favorite from BTW

Every day on my playlist :kara:

tumblr_mj42gpr6rd1rnk4gto1_500.gif

I will take what is mine with fire and blood

steven

Agreed, Judas is such a bop. I’m always surprised that BTW is never talked about anymore outside of this base. 

palma

Judas came out at such a definitive time in my life, when I was discovering/forming my identity, and to me it always felt like the biggest Gaga song. I am so glad Spotify finally agrees with me :giveup:

Lucas
Posted (edited)

I love that most of the songs from Born This Way end up being praised at some point and all have their moment to shine within this fanbase or within the GP.

Born This Way is truly the best album of all time and that is NOT up for debate.

Edited by Lucas

PartySick

Not when Born This Way, Yoü and I, and The Edge of Glory exist :chica:

Notoriety matters more than numbers and TikToks and Judas is well below the GP's radar while any random stranger could probably sing to at least the chorus of those three songs, if not the whole song

💚
  • Like 1

Frankenztein

You didn't mention Bloody Mary? The true dark horse hit of BTW.

Noir

I love to see Judas get so much streaming love and consistency, especially after years of ridicule.

I am always shocked by The Edge of Glory and Marry The Night's streams. They're timeless tracks to me.

homomo

no lies detected sir

Gagaism

Best song technically on BTW, one of her best videos plus one of her best songs overall so yes, Judas is THAT BITCH! 

Louvre

When stupid love has 600k daily streams in 5 years

Dennis

I hope BTW reaches 3B$ streams soon, I think it's at 2.7B$ now

Bronco

Judas is the BTW single that had me salivating for the album ngl. 

I still want that blue leather jacket

• YAAAS 1