Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Millie Brown tweets about Katy Perry's rainbow vomit

exoskeleton123

Featured Posts

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:kisses: I love you Millie.

Gaga didn't call Miss Keene out for this because it's Millie's art she's mimicking. Gaga left it to her to deal with and I'm glad she did.

NewYorkCity

She didn't invent vomiting...

:lmao: I hope you are kidding. LOL.

Is like: Gaga didn't invent bad romance cuz ya know Music exists since a long time ago.

rivingtonrebels

No here for the hate in this thread.  Millie is amazing.  I watched her Wilting Point project last week and she is an incredible performance artist. I love her and we should support her artistry.  She made vomiting rainbows beautiful art.

article-2626140-1DC579AF00000578-326_634

tokyodisko

We do know a bit.. Fernando Garibay said this in an interview a while back:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lady-gaga-producer-making-born-193459

Maybe that doesn't go for every album, but it gives us an idea. :shrug:

That was interesting thanks! It's not that I don't believe she has a very strong hand in everything, but it pisses me off when other artists, even if they aren't as proficient as Gaga, are written off as completely engineered and untalented, despite facts. So that's why I mentioned Gaga's input. :) Katy is hardly Britney. I love Britney regardless of it. 

FYI, Millie has been doing a week-long performance art piece ('Wilting Point') hence would not have been able to comment on this beforehand, so she's not neccesarily digging it back up, as I'm sure this tweet would've been made around the time when Gaga tweeted her tweet re. Katy, had she not been otherwise engaged.

I mentioned that in a previous comment, but even with WP, she would have known that day likely, so she would have had another day to tweet it before WP. It's not that I mind her comment overall, but I think it encourages some extremely rude posts about Katy, as if Katy should personally apologize to them for what was either partially inspired by Gaga or a not-so-uncommon coincidence. 

:roll:

She just did a week long performance with ShowStudio that didn't include vomit. Please look things up before the "15 minutes" argument comes along.

+1

I can't with people defending Katy over this, she obviously snatched the idea and made it more kid-friendly. 

"No one invented vomit art bla bla"

I mean reaally now? But it's more okay for Millie to call Katy out on this, she's the actual performance artist. 

Look above-- I knew about Wilting Point, because I follow posts on her. I think it was a cool piece. 

I think it's a flimsy argument since it's not really vomiting, but I agree Millie is the only one able to say anything about it- not the fans who just like to put down other artists. I'd rather have had it all at the same time rather than her bringing it back up. Plus, she could have gotten more coverage during her piece if she had mentioned it first.  :teehee:

RedOne wasn't even on Venus, you mean Gypsy ................ And he just got writing credits cause he was supposed to produce it as well.

No, I definitely mean Venus. I said his influence was in the song. Compare it to her discography and it most resembles Gaga's work with RedOne. I'm just saying he obviously influenced her production skills, which isn't a bad thing- or a good thing depending on the opinion.  :smh:

tokyodisko

In other words: Rainbow vomit is all the rage this season! Note there is no claim of invention or ownership.

If the concept if cool enough for Katy to copy while she makes millions, why shouldn't Millie get some credit and fame?

That'd be great if Katy were actually vomiting in the video. I don't mind that she would like to have credit and get her name out there, but I do not like the way she and Gaga know the fans will react to this kind of thing, even if it wasn't meant to harm. 

RedOne is not the same as Bonnie McKee, he's a producer first and foremost, not a hired lyricist from a camp of lyricists who can write a hit song.

Why is that line in Aura bad? She does have a gorgeous face. ;)

No, he's not, but you can still tell the difference lyrically with his songs. Bonnie doesn't do every song either, so that's why I think it kind of discounts that argument.  Especially when her solo single was imo terrible. 

:P She does indeed. 

You literally just proved my point.

Gaga writes demos, Katy buys them. :later: see ya

Gaga bought music demos for ARTPOP, sooooo... yeah. My point is that Katy doesn't ONLY buy demos. She also does indeed write her own music in addition to that. I'm not saying Gaga isn't more well rounded and proficient, but to discredit another artist based solely on a stupid, pointless popularity contest is just asinine and immature. 

No here for the hate in this thread.  Millie is amazing.  I watched her Wilting Point project last week and she is an incredible performance artist. I love her and we should support her artistry.  She made vomiting rainbows beautiful art.

article-2626140-1DC579AF00000578-326_634

I'm not a fan of her vomit work, but Wilting Point has been great!

Don't paint the entire fanbase with one brush.

Your post was reported for intolerance, please be respectful and openminded when you post.

One person who doesn't get it, is not the entire fanbase.

Thanks.

I'm not saying the whole fanbase acts that way. There are plenty of fans who don't. 

What I said implies that the ignorance is included in the fanbase. It is. It says nothing about every last one of us being that way. 

Don't judge an entire painting on a single stroke.  :lolgaga:

Essence

That'd be great if Katy were actually vomiting in the video. I don't mind that she would like to have credit and get her name out there, but I do not like the way she and Gaga know the fans will react to this kind of thing, even if it wasn't meant to harm. 

No, he's not, but you can still tell the difference lyrically with his songs. Bonnie doesn't do every song either, so that's why I think it kind of discounts that argument.  Especially when her solo single was imo terrible. 

:P She does indeed. 

Gaga bought music demos for ARTPOP, sooooo... yeah. My point is that Katy doesn't ONLY buy demos. She also does indeed write her own music in addition to that. I'm not saying Gaga isn't more well rounded and proficient, but to discredit another artist based solely on a stupid, pointless popularity contest is just asinine and immature. 

I'm not a fan of her vomit work, but Wilting Point has been great!

I'm not saying the whole fanbase acts that way. There are plenty of fans who don't. 

What I said implies that the ignorance is included in the fanbase. It is. It says nothing about every last one of us being that way. 

Don't judge an entire painting on a single stroke.  :lolgaga:

Gaga did NOT buy demos. Gaga used one instrumental written by Zedd, but composed her entirely own melody + lyrics.

Katy buys full demos, aka fully written and composed songs that are tweaked minorly by the artist who purchases them. I'm not saying Katy has no input at all but you look like a fool trying to act like she and Gaga have the same amount of input. It's just preposterous when Gaga clearly is so much more involved in the songwriting process. Katy HERSELF has said that she just lends a hand. Jesus.

tokyodisko

Gaga did NOT buy demos. Gaga used one instrumental written by Zedd, but composed her entirely own melody + lyrics.

Katy buys full demos, aka fully written and composed songs that are tweaked minorly by the artist who purchases them. I'm not saying Katy has no input at all but you look like a fool trying to act like she and Gaga have the same amount of input. It's just preposterous when Gaga clearly is so much more involved in the songwriting process. Katy HERSELF has said that she just lends a hand. Jesus.

No, I don't because I said I don't think they have the same amount of input. I said I'm tired of monsters trying to strip credit from Katy, because she does help and does write. 

You're basically saying exactly what I did but rewording it to be condescending. kbai. 

I said Gaga bought demos, she did, they were instrumental, but still. I found that disappointing. 

Essence

No, I don't because I said I don't think they have the same amount of input. I said I'm tired of monsters trying to strip credit from Katy, because she does help and does write.

You're basically saying exactly what I did but rewording it to be condescending. kbai.

I said Gaga bought demos, she did, they were instrumental, but still. I found that disappointing.

She still wrote the song though (ONE song by the way) and even tweaked the instrumental to fit what SHE had written

And if you're so disappointed in Gaga, why are you fine with the fact that Katy writes all of her songs with a whole team of producers, some of which she hasn't even touched?

And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't like impersonal artists like Katy Perry, that's my choice. Other people may be fine with her, that's up to them. But I'm not going to give her any more credit than she deserves.

Archived