Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

artRAVE - WOW! Unless you've seen it, don't judge it!

wahljennifer322

Featured Posts

wahljennifer322

Last night was my artRAVE (Cleveland) and I have to say that I LOVED it and was completely blown away - not that I ever really doubted Gaga and her ability to DELIVER an amazing show!

I've seen Gaga many times, multiple Monster Balls, Born This Way Ball, Lollapallooza, and Roseland. I just cannot believe how many people have had such negative things to say about artRAVE (on this site!). While I can understand the larger complaint of no songs from BTW, and I could have agreed that she should have included a few of them, once I saw the show, it really did not matter. This show was high energy, the stage was really amazing - pictures don't even do it justice! I think it is all around a better show than the BTWB. I also can't understand all the criticism about the backtracking and her not singing. If she wasn't singing last night, I couldn't even tell! I mean, yeah, there were moments where you can obviously see and hear there are backtracks but they were at very necessary points due to heavy dancing or multiple layers of vocals.

So a few highlights:

The colors, lights, live band, stage were amazing! What was really cool were the graphics on the large screen! Another poster pointed that out and I paid particular attention to them and he was right! They were done very well.

While on paper, the setlist seems "messy" or unorganized as many other posters have complained about, but live, I thought it worked well. Loved the incorporation of Cake Like Lady Gaga, Partynausceous, and Jewels & Drugs (which all sounded great in person!)

Holy confetti!!!!! Seriously! Great fun but I there was so much of it throughout the show, it started making me wonder what the confetti budget for this tour was! ha ha!

I loved ARTPOP the album from the first time I heard it - some songs more than others - but after hearing it live, wow, the songs that didn't stand out to me certainly do now. They sounded great!

People came out to BALL! Great outfits everyone!

While people complain its not a "rave" and maybe it wasn't but it sure was a dance party! I think people take things far too literal. The rave concept was more to let people know that this was going to be a party and a totally different vibe than BTWB. The entire crowd was on their feet the whole time!

So, my real message is that I let a lot of complainers give me an impression of this show before I even saw it and in the end, I felt none of it was even true (for me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine). I can respect the opinions of people who actually went and may not have liked it but for those of you who are complaining about the stage, or setlist or whatever and you have not gone yet, save yourself the negativity and be excited to go! I don't think you will be disappointed!

(Off topic - why can't I ever figure out how to post photos on here? I have had things to share but every time I try to put the path where it says enter URL, it never takes it, any suggestions?)

Essence

Sounds great :applause:

Wow, I don't read novels for my school let alone here!

Then don't reply to the thread :awkney:

Mariann

Then why would you comment.  :confused:

Wolf

Glad you enjoyed it! :) i hope the artrave visits my country :giveup: tour dates for asia have not yet been announced tho :grr:

Bebe

That's not something to be proud of  :confused:

Glad you enjoyed it! :) i hope the artrave visits my country :giveup: tour dates for asia have not yet been announced tho :grr:

She announced for Seoul and Tokyo.

Unnecessary, just don't reply :awkney:

djBuffoon

I loved ARTPOP the album from the first time I heard it - some songs more than others - but after hearing it live, wow, the songs that didn't stand out to me certainly do now. They sounded great!

Right!!!! :excited:

Unnecessary, just don't reply :awkney:

Exactly.

Creyk

That might be because she goes to Europe first

SMILE2NE1

Because he's supposed to sum up his artrave experience to suit your attention span. :awkney:

scheiBist

I'm both ecstatic and super jealous of you! Cleveland is my hometown,but I couldn't get enough vacation time to make the flight home...  :emo:

Archived