💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

If ARTPOP came out in 2011 instead of Born This Way...

Michael

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Monster

That would be the greatest move she could possibly do  :worship: releasing the best songs while she was on top :legend: and if she chose Aura as the lead, well, that would be something :gaga:

Brooke Hoegan

maybe it would be commercially successful
but critically acclaimed ? right after TFM ?   NO

it would be destroyed even more severely

fans thinking that critics have it in for Gaga is just ridiculous... :roll:

it's really not her greatest work, it's on the same level as TF, but without Just Dance and Poker Face...

Paper Gangsta

It would have done definitely better than BTW because the album is more commercial and Gags would have also lead the trend of EDM in top 40. Also maybe BTW could have done better now considering that Gaga would have no negativity around her and she would have kept much much more hype and more casual listeners. Noone knows for sure though.

This

Also BTW would do great now, cause it has a lot of HAC/AC material which is currently dominating charts

Edit : and ARTPOP would have been perfect transition between TFM and BTW

LordDisick

Born This Way did not flop. It was a highly successful album

i9Cv1ylrCaRQV.gif

duh

this whole thread is about if the albums wouldve switched

I have actually thought about this before. If gaga had released ARTPOP first, she would a technically played it safe. I think BTW was very risky and bold. Gaga was on the Katy climax back then. I.e if Katy would of released an album that was different to Teenage Dream, she would of done what gaga did. Vise versa: if gaga would a released ARTPOP first, I think she would a had the Katy fame Katy has now.

I'm not trying to shade Katy, but I honestly think that is what happened/would a happened.

But who really knows. Lol

Michael

duh

this whole thread is about if the albums wouldve switched

don't use that tone with me young man

i9Cv1ylrCaRQV.gif

Miel

it would've sold 300 trillion albums i think according to pythagorus.

"pygathorean theorem? that's pretty whack"

-troy bolton or something

3 points in and ready for more

GypsyPrince

I think BTW came at the perfect time because that album was the one that sealed the deal between her relationship with most of her fans. The fans who were inspired by the BTW era, the ones who identified with her message and persona, are the ones that will stick with her through thick and thin no matter what sound she uses.

BTW, in my opinion, was a filter to sieve out the true fans from the rest. Yes, it alienated the GP a lot, but that album will always be iconic and timeless, because it made the words "little monsters" not just a brand, but a family.

Also, the huge switch in sound from TFM to BTW shows the critics just why Gaga is different from the rest. She's not afraid to be a chameleon and stray away from the standard pop formula. 

She wouldn't be as critically acclaimed now by critics and other music legends if she just continued with ARTPOP just for the sake of maintaining commercial success.

:whitney:

It would've done better VS now, for sure... But what makes a big difference is the promo. If it was promoted to the HUGE extent that BTW was & didn't have the hip injury and departure with Troy dragging it down then it would've been a huge era. Anything off the back of TFM was gonna be successful though, just cos of the hype.

But I think ARTPOP is easily more commercial than BTW so yes less people would be alienated. There would probably still be a decline just because no one can sustain success on the level of TF/M, just not as much.

BTW remains her best album though, for me anyway :)

Agreed on everything, especially BTW being her best album yet. I would have also "appreciated" her musical progression even more from ARTPOP (a fun record comparable to The Fame) into a more mature record like BTW. Plus, with singles like Applause, DWUW and G.U.Y. back then, it's arguably safe to say that it would have easily extended her #1s on Pop, as opposed to the majority of her singles during the BTW era. The Madonna comparisons wouldn't have been that deafening too, which would have led the public and the media alike at that time to focus more on the music rather than on the say of everyone about the controversy. 

MonsterRocket

I have no idea but I'm gonna perch to see what some unqualified people think :emma:

I'm tired of this underrating towards fans' thoughts. No one better than the fans know what they want from Gaga. Also, if we are here, is to discuss and give our own opinions. Stop all the little managers drama; we are just giving our perspectives.

PG lol

I'm tired of this underrating towards fans' thoughts. No one better than the fans know what they want from Gaga. Also, if we are here, is to discuss and give our own opinions. Stop all the little managers drama; we are just giving our perspectives.

woah calm down. Did you not see me say I was going to see what people were saying? :rip:

Almost everyone who would post here would be unqualified so I didn't lie, but I am still interested in what people think. Anway it's not about what we want from gaga it's what would have happened if... 

lmao :emma:

:)

Archived