💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 finally coming next year (Updated: 8/13)

heavymlover

Featured Posts

heavymlover

sDA8JuT.png

So this is kind of old news, but I think it hasn't been discussed here before, so I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for everyone who has been waiting for Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 for ages to talk about the future of these wonderful games.

A fourth installment in the series was announced on March 16th, 2014. At the same time, Atari has announced on their twitter that Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 PC game is in development, and that a mobile game would be released soon (already available for IOS). Unfortunately for them, the mobile game has received a really negative response mostly due to its microtransaction based system as well as the fact that the app was released before the actual PC version, which is expected to be released later this year (possibly fall 2014). As a response to this, the Roller Coaster Tycoon facebook page said this:

" We hear everyone’s comments on the new RollerCoaster Tycoon game and want to let you all know that the mobile game and PC experience will be 2 completely different games. Both games will release this year. The mobile game will include social features (sharing with friends, leaderboards) and the PC experience will have even more features and functionality. We are excited to bring these games to you soon! "

This is probably Atari's last chance to recover and produce a hit since the company has been declared in bankruptcy since January 2013. So they better do it right  ;)

-------

EDIT 8/13/2014: Atari has officially announced RCT4 for PC today. Named RollerCoaster Tycoon World, this new installment promises a 4 player co-op in which you'll be able to manage bigger and better amusement parks than ever. Additionally, it has been confirmed that the game won't rely on micro-transactions like its mobile counterpart, as players will receive full content with their original purchase.

RCT World is expected early 2015. 

Watch the teaser trailer here:

TimisaMonster

RCT4!!!!! The 3rd slays so hard, I can't imagine what I'll be able to do with this one! I never lost hope that they were going to make it!

:nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

thatfoxyfeeling

I bought the mobile version hoping it'd be the same as the game I fell in love with when I was a kid, wrong. It's **** and I won't be buying RCT 4 on the PC either because Atari have become greedy cash cows /rant :megaflop:

PoshLife

I'm definitely going to check this out. I never got the third one, but I loved the first and really liked the improvements made on the second. Exciting!

PopReaper

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

Tokyo Rose

Kind of odd to dig this old franchise up from the dead.. hope it's done well

Lina Morgana

Now I have to remake my recreations of Disney & Universal Studios rides :giveup:

" I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't write... no real talent. But I'm pretty, and I can make money off pretty."

heavymlover

I bought the mobile version hoping it'd be the same as the game I fell in love with when I was a kid, wrong. It's **** and I won't be buying RCT 4 on the PC either because Atari have become greedy cash cows /rant :megaflop:

Can't say I'm happy with the mobile version either, but considering that they announced the PC version as a completely different game, I'm still excited to see what is the final result. 

Apparently most of the team that made RCT3 is also involved in RCT4, so we can only hope for them to make a good game.

Honey Boo Boo

OH MY F-ING GOD YES I MISSED THIS GAME SO MUCH THANK GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS YAASSS

A dolla makes me holla!💰💵💸

• 3 weeks later...
heavymlover

Everyone loves RCT2, but my personal favorite is RCT3. Lots of people hate the 3D environments and such, but I personally love that you can almost walk around the parks. Really hope they release expansion packs as well. Soaked! and Wild! are some of the most complete expansion packs available. Much better than The Sims' expensive and incomplete exps.

Archived