Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nintendo apologize about Tomodachi Life

Joaco95

Featured Posts

Morbid

Probably already addressed part of this  in one of my replies and if not, okay. Bottom line if they can include straight relationships with the ability to have kids, they can include gay ones, it's 2014.

Right! I understand that Nintendo is thinking it's a safer bet of not causing any uproar with anti-gay consumers, but they're facing an uproar anyway. I appreciate their apology because I truly love Nintendo and I don't think they are being homophobic at all, but their apology is damage control from the backlash they received from their last press release from yesterday. They are a business after all so it makes sense for them to think in the business way, but why not stand on the right side of history if your causing controversy anyway?

This game is a little strange in that you don't actually control what the Miis do. They live their own life. So I'm not too upset, it's a complicated situation for Nintendo that I think they mishandled. But I totally get the whole I'm not represented in games that involve simulating life and involve romantic interested ala Harvest Moon. Harvest Moon isn't Nintendo, and this somewhat off topic, but I love the Harvest Moon games, but I'm slightly disappointed that games in this day still haven't allowed for such things to happen.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HANZ

I don't really see the big deal of this tbh

It's a damn video game ffs. As much as I love Nintendo and its games, not including same s-x relationships on a life simulating game is really not a big deal. I mean, go outside and meet some people. ~

agreed, I mean come on, it's just a video game :shrug:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Knife

A lack of representation in a game meant to simulate real life is the deal.

retroglamx

agreed, I mean come on, it's just a video game :shrug:

Finally some sense.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

uo111

You guys are reading way too much into this.

They have no obligation to include gay relationships.

And they didn't think it was necessary.

So they didn't.

The end.

People were upset and they have apologized, good on them. They say they will include it in future games, good on them. As for including it in this one, I really don't know how hard that would be to do, so I really don't care if they do it. Not to mention I'm not gonna get this game anyways.

Jesus, not everything is an attack on the gays. We have to realize that or we will become laughing stocks.

HANZ

it's just a video game, it's not real life, whoever takes a video game that seriously needs help imo

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

KillerCupcake

I would murder a person for this to happen :nooo:

Me too. :nooo:

Joaco95

You can't even control your OWN character. Not big deal. Nintendo it's not homophobic (at least not Nintendo Japan)

but sims is for a much older audience.

Lmao. Nintendo's fan base are all in their 20's. My boyfriend and I spend a bunch of our time on Pokémon. My housemates (4 of them are gay) all play games consoles and Pokémon specifically. 

Stop.

Diamond Heart

It bugs me that they didnt include it, and for the folk saying 'oh its a kids game, there shouldnt be gay things in it' its important especially because its a kids game. Kids should be introduced to the normality of same-s-x couples just the same way straight couples are represented, ever since a young age my sister, brother and I knew what gay people were and how there was nothing wrong with it, and you know what ? It didnt turn me into a deviant or whatever, it just made me have no questions or prejudice against gay couples.

Edit - I dont hold this against Nintendo though, it seems like it was just an oversight and im glad they apologized. 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Archived