💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nintendo apologize about Tomodachi Life

Joaco95

Featured Posts

Joaco95

We apologize for disappointing many people by failing to include same-s-x relationships in Tomodachi Life. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to change this game’s design, and such a significant development change can’t be accomplished with a post-ship patch. At Nintendo, dedication has always meant going beyond the games to promote a sense of community, and to share a spirit of fun and joy. We are committed to advancing our longtime company values of fun and entertainment for everyone. We pledge that if we create a next installment in the Tomodachi series, we will strive to design a game-play experience from the ground up that is more inclusive, and better represents all players.

from their fb page

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Staryu

They're kind of lazy to not want to patch it, but that's still a GREAT step for Nintendo. :party: Did not expect this at all.

So we might get an LGBTQ-friendly Harvest Moon one day? :giveup: 

ryhanna

That's nice, but they don't HAVE to include same s-x relationships. Obviously it's wonderful if they do, but it's not a huge deal if they don't.

Blue Jeans

I don't see the fuss about this. They just didn't think about it, that's all.

well they should of

Sims>>>>>>> 

i could make Gay characters on sims since 2000 :legend:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Awakened M

That's nice, but they don't HAVE to include same s-x relationships. Obviously it's wonderful if they do, but it's not a huge deal if they don't.

MTE.  :yes:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

I don't see the fuss about this. They just didn't think about it, that's all.

Think that there are such things as gay people and they might want to be interested in playing the game and creating gay couples? How forward thinking of them.

The game is a life simulation game ffs, shouldn't they try to at least to the extent that it's possible recreate every aspect of human life? Are gay relationships not present in that? it'd be like saying "they could have included people from other races, but if they didn't that's fine", maybe if the game was not a life simulation, but set somewhere that gay people didn't exist then your excusing this would make sense.

EthanPamyu

make it up to me by having a same s-x harvest moon

Redstreak
Think that there are such things as gay people and they might want to be interested in playing the game and creating gay couples? How forward thinking of them.
if you can find a significant gay following for this game, or even a good amount of people over 12 who will buy this game, then I'll agree.
Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Klou

I was at IGN reading the comments on this and there's just so much hate and homophonia... Sickening.

if you can find a significant gay following for this game, or even a good amount of people over 12 who will buy this game, then I'll agree.

Should that matter? So a life simulation game, that somehow doesn't simulate something that's part of everyday life- gay people. Yeah makes sense :yes:

Knife

As long as they stick to their word with being inclusive in the future, then I think this is a suitable resolution.

It's funny how they didn't even consider same-s-x relationships as a possibility in the game when The Sims has allowed it for how long now..?

Redstreak
Should that matter? So a life simulation game, that somehow doesn't simulate something that's part of everyday life- gay people. Yeah makes sense :yes:
well there's violence and crime in real life that's not being added, so this game isn't exactly focused on being as true to life as possible, when the demographic of the game is little kids, adding same s-x marriage just probably never crossed their minds, not that they were trying to be "exclusionary."

Staryu

Gay relationships should always be an option if there are straight relationships in said game.

Sure, in most games, that's often a really secondary aspect, but why not include it? Some parents might be pissed about it, but I think it's about time Nintendo makes the change as well. :yes:

Redstreak

As long as they stick to their word with being inclusive in the future, then I think this is a suitable resolution.

It's funny how they didn't even consider same-s-x relationships as a possibility in the game when The Sims has allowed it for how long now..?

but sims is for a much older audience.

Archived