Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

I think the setlist is awful, and I explain why in detail here.

LAS22

Featured Posts

In OP's defense, s/he's making a fairly decent argument.

This person is actually legit.  He's giving real good reasons unlike most of the complaining.

To OP: I agree!  I was going to the NYC show and was disappointed she canceled.  I was hoping she would perform at least a couple of BTW songs.. and god forbid I'm tired of her piano ballads (stone me)!

Thank you for understanding. I am a diehard fan and will support her forever, I was just disappointed with her song choices.

Obviously she IS on a little bit of a time crunch since she had to shorten a lot of the ARTPOP songs.

TEOG, Judas, YAI, and MTN don't compare in worldwide numbers to her preceding singles. If it's a matter of cutting them out by popularity, all except BTW are at the end of the list. Hence, LoveGame was axed too. Next era, Alejandro and Paparazzi might get axed.

L.O.G.I.C. It's logical because I can understand why they chose this. You base your bashing of the show on your emotions. You FEEL like she needs to pay more respect to BTW, but absolutely nothing says she must. Numbers, however, say she shouldn't.

I understand she's on a time-crunch. I understand that older songs and singles have to be axed with each successive tour to make room for new material. However, I don't appreciate the condescending tone of your post. I know how to spell logic, I'm pretty sure I spelled it correctly. I am not bashing the show. I enjoyed the show as a whole. I was disappointed with the setlist. There is a distinction there. And I am not basing this on only emotion. Those songs were hits in the United States. In fact, The Edge of Glory was a bigger hit than both Telephone and Alejandro. Thus, "by the numbers", she should have performed it at the very least on the US leg of the tour. Proof enough, for you?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spyro

Let's remember that TEOG charted higher than (only listing the songs that were performed at artRAVE): Paparazzi, Telephone, and Alejandro.  TEOG went to #3, but Bad Romance was at #2.  It's a universal song that everyone loves - including most of the non-fans that I know of.  They LOVE TEOG.  It's just odd how she missed the obvious song.  In my opinion, Telephone should stay since she's doing the sequel soon, but Alejandro is just plain irrelevant right now and needs to go.

Also, I thought G.U.Y. should've been the first song.... the "Greetings himeros" bit is a good start for a show.

Spyro the Dragon

It may have killed her (or injured... hip) to add 3 more songs. 3 more songs EVERY tour date. That's ALOT. Considering it's a world tour, 3 more songs is huge

Fair point. The last thing I would ever want is another injury. She still could have substituted an older, less-successful single in favor of another Born This Way song though.

chromadica

I think she's mostly just aiming for fun + party with this tour. I'm sure that's why she's leaving out a lot of her more serious songs. Plus, the setlist is already quite long. The tour is promoting mainly ARTPOP. She's not a robot, she can't perform her entire discography.

aaronyoji

its sad to see the set/look that mjh and s-x dreams and aura are subjected to. its so anticlimactic and poorly put together. 

and im tired of peope saying "shes there to promote ARTPOP" in response to the lack of btw songs being there. THATS NOT THE ISSUE.

its not the ARTPOP song vs. non ARTPOP song ratio that bugs people, its the fame/fame monster tracks vs. born this way tracks ratio. who cares if her early hits where more popular, shes performed the same montonous versions of her half-written non melodic songs from the fame for how long?? 

and on top of that she needs to change every outfit aside from the octopus/applause raver outfits. what happened to kansai yamamoto? there couldve been some real innovation. and the fiber optic wig/cypher/animone? nah, those where just created for the hell of it to not be used in any big or memorable way at all, aight.

cant w8 for my show in june :derpga: 

Gagz

I can in here to say how unnecessary this type of thread is, but it's sadly kind of true. I don't mind the order of the songs at all, but I absolutely hate that she is shortening songs when the set list is a standard length for a concert. 8 songs are shortened? That's rather extreme. I think she made a great selection of songs, but why shorten so many of them?

She is performing for the whole world, not just for the US. Only Born This Way and TEOG were big hits worldwide. She is not going to perform non singles so it's not 1 out of 17, it's 1 out of 5. Maybe adding TEOG to the set list would be a good idea but that's all. The Fame and The Fame Monster singles are all more important than any of the BTW singles.

Setlists can change. As of this moment, I believe this one to be flawed in many ways. She could have a slightly altered setlist for the US vs worldwide. She's done it before. And i think it's a pretty bold statement to claim that the other singles are "more important". Maybe in your eyes they are, but I obviously hold a different opinion.

I don't know why she would shorten Swine, it's not even my favorite song but I was expecting it to be a real centerpiece of the show, something crazy like SXSW

when i feel swine is a short enough song as is.  like it's 2 verses and 2 choruses.  that's it

DrewStevens

Setlists can change. As of this moment, I believe this one to be flawed in many ways. She could have a slightly altered setlist for the US vs worldwide. She's done it before. And i think it's a pretty bold statement to claim that the other singles are "more important". Maybe in your eyes they are, but I obviously hold a different opinion.

The setlist can change but not so much. She has never made a big change in a tour.

Those singles are her most popular singles, people remember her for those singles, not for Marry The Night, You and I or Judas.

The setlist can change but not so much. She has never made a big change in a tour.

Those singles are her most popular singles, people remember her for those singles, not for Marry The Night, You and I or Judas.

She made significant changes to The Monster Ball. Hence, we have Monster Ball 1.0 and 2.0. And, as I have repeatedly stated, I understand that the GP likes and remembers those songs, I just think the word choice you used was a little bold. And I disagree that people don't remember her for You and I. At least not in the United States which is where she is currently touring.

Emvee

Thank you for understanding. I am a diehard fan and will support her forever, I was just disappointed with her song choices.

I understand she's on a time-crunch. I understand that older songs and singles have to be axed with each successive tour to make room for new material. However, I don't appreciate the condescending tone of your post. I know how to spell logic, I'm pretty sure I spelled it correctly. I am not bashing the show. I enjoyed the show as a whole. I was disappointed with the setlist. There is a distinction there. And I am not basing this on only emotion. Those songs were hits in the United States. In fact, The Edge of Glory was a bigger hit than both Telephone and Alejandro. Thus, "by the numbers", she should have performed it at the very least on the US leg of the tour. Proof enough, for you?

I wasn't teaching you how to spell logic. I was emphasizing my point. You made this thread to complain about the set list. I am reacting to your complaint. I don't really care if you like the show as a whole, what I'm criticizing is the notion that BTW needs greater representation in the show. What needs greater representation is ARTPOP. My main complaint is that she cut THOSE songs. I'm not making a thread about it, though, because for every thread that praises specifics about anything in Gaga's career there are 50 threads that point out the bad. How about making a thread about something that surprised you? No, instead we've had 100 threads about what people don't like.

Are you referring to TEOG's peak chart position? Because TEOG definitely sold less than Telephone in the US and less than Alejandro Worldwide.

I wasn't teaching you how to spell logic. I was emphasizing my point. You made this thread to complain about the set list. I am reacting to your complaint. I don't really care if you like the show as a whole, what I'm criticizing is the notion that BTW needs greater representation in the show. What needs greater representation is ARTPOP. My main complaint is that she cut THOSE songs. I'm not making a thread about it, though, because for every thread that praises specifics about anything in Gaga's career there are 50 threads that point out the bad. How about making a thread about something that surprised you? No, instead we've had 100 threads about what people don't like.

Are you referring to TEOG's peak chart position? Because TEOG definitely sold less than Telephone in the US and less than Alejandro Worldwide.

If that was your intention and I misunderstood, then I apologize. I disagree with you regarding Born This Way's representation but at this point we are splitting hairs. I am curious though by what you mean by her "cutting" ARTPOP songs. Do you mean her shortening certain songs or not performing Dope? And as I have repeatedly stated, I love her and support her all of the time. I don't post often on this forum but I do check it daily and enjoy reading fan opinions. I'm not being negative for the sake of being negative, I'm expressing my disappointment with aspects of a show that I paid for and attended. I'd imagine that if you were upset, you'd want to similarly voice your opinion. And I could make a thread about things I enjoyed, but unfortunately this overshadowed some of the things I enjoyed. I was shocked and thrilled she included Partynauseous because I truly believed it would never see the light of day. I have seen her live five times now (including having been fortunate to meet her twice) and as I previously stated she has never sounded better or seemed happier before. And to answer your question, yes, I am referring to The Edge of Glory's peak position; at least it's peak position in the United States. I don't think the success of singles worldwide is much a factor here considering the setlist is currently being performed in the US. If she so chooses she can alter it when touring abroad.

unfitted

I'm not disappointed bc I respect her decisions and I understand that she doesn't perform BTW songs bc BTW songs are really deep and personal. ArtRave is about having party of your life, it meant to be a total fun. I think that's why she didn't perform Dope too.

why would any of you let the setlist stop you from going? seeing Gaga live is enough in and of itself to get me to go :smh:

And this.

Zilla

Firmly believe that if the set was longer, btw would be more represented.... However I like the set list. It could always be better but it's not awful at least to me

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Essence

Bitch, it's a tour promoting ARTPOP. Get over it.

And Applause and Swine are in the same key so it flows nicely. Just be grateful she's putting on a great show and stop b---hing.

Archived